Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: they killed the sound completely

PSN ID
    Pluslescute

Tbh, I really like the new sounds, beyond the announcer being a guy in one case. 2048 sounds especially nice to me, imo.

Timezone
    GMT -3.5

Quote Originally Posted by NotEnoughRed View Post
    Using the original sound effects wasn't an option available for us unfortunately, as the only sound assets we could get / find were the compressed sounds. (which aren't the quality that we'd need nowadays) - so the really tiny vita speaker sounds.. Basically we had to remake all the engine sounds from scratch for the entire vita side of the game...
    Hopefully it'll grow on you, but "leaving it as it was" was never ever going to be good enough.
    I've been playing the original Vita 2048 on an HDTV lately and I don't understand why you've made this decision. The sound effects still sound great on TV's, honestly. 2048's original sound design was a huge achievement back then. I'm not saying the new sounds are bad, but discarding the old assets just feels like a waste. Is there at least a chance to bring them back as a little free DLC, like the 2097/Wip3out UI options?
    Last edited by T-301; 25th December 2017 at 08:26 PM.

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

I played the vita version again to get 100% of the trophies. And i gotta say, I miss those sounds when hitting the speed pads. The feisar & qirex one is just so beautiful. I think i'd be fine with compressed, unless it's really really compressed that it's not good at all. Options are always welcome though.I like the new sounds in omega, except the speed pad ones for some teams.

I noticed that during the countdown, the 2097 announcer is counting down until around "1" when the announcer from the original game joins in.

Timezone
    GMT -3.5

This guy says he recorded some of the sounds from Omega but they sound exactly like 2048's combined with HD's, vastly different from other gameplay videos. Did something change lately?

As far as I know the ships sound like this in Omega:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BwFR7UbAgY

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

Long time no post. Having heard omega in full surround, I think they optimized for surround sound. Sounds great in Atmos.