Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: OMEGA COLLECTION - Glitches and Troubleshooting Report Page

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Default OMEGA COLLECTION - Glitches and Troubleshooting Report Page

Any Glitches found, please report in this Thread.
    Same with any other problems found [Apart from I can't beat Phantom]
    Wussyness is NOT a Glitch !
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 6th June 2017 at 09:37 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 3
    PSN ID
    chalovak

Thanks for creating this thread, blackwiggle.
    I’m not here to rant, I love WipEout with all my heart, and few reasons (among obvious) for that are astonishing visuals and overall attention to details. But some things get overlooked in the process, and I - being an art-director myself and a picky one – just can’t ignore them.
    Some of these things are HD/Fury visual glitches that actually came straight from the Vita version of HD and Fury, others - are not.

The first one is also gameplay related and is about Zone mode.
    As you remember, each Zone craft has five blue markings on its both sides which show the level of shield power. I am talking about these markings:
    Screen Shot 2017-06-06 at 1.11.21 pm.png
    When ship loses its first 20 units of power, the top markings turn black, with the next 20 units are lost - the second row of markings goes off. And so on.
    So in PS3 version when you lose about 70 units of shield power, your ship and the markings will look like this:
    Screen Shot 2017-06-06 at 11.52.30 am.png
    The top three rows of these indicators are off.
    These markings are pretty handy when it comes to high-speed zones, cause you don't need to look at the upper middle of the screen to know your shield level: it's right in front of your eyes.

But. In the Omega version something went wrong:
    Once you lose for example about 40 units of your shield the top row of lights will turn on again, and only the second row goes off.
    Here in the picture below we have a ship with around 30 units of shield left:
    Screen Shot 2017-06-06 at 11.36.01 am.png
    As you can see only the third row of lights is gone, the upper two rows are lit again. Which is a little bit strange and misleading.
    The same problem was in Vita version of HD and Fury.

The second one is all about aesthetics and attention to details. And it's again about something that was in PS3 version and for some reason disappeared from Omega.
    I'm talking about the exhaust trails (the blue and red ones) of all the HD/Fury ships. So in PS3 version when you were tailgating any opponent his or her exhaust trail would hit your ship with a specific visual effect. Here it is:
    Screen Shot 2017-06-06 at 2.04.03 pm.png

Screen Shot 2017-06-06 at 2.04.12 pm.jpg

See all these particles surrounding the nose of your ship?
    For some unknown reason it's not here in Omega. I doubt PS4 can't handle it. )

I know it's a minute detail, but well that's what WipEout is about - minute details.

The third thing. Voiceovers. Although the idea to include both warning and pick-up voiceovers sounds great, in some cases it works against you. I'm talking about cases when warning voice and pick-up voice are both female. It gets really confusing during intense battles when you really don't know what's coming after you and what pick-up you have. When you have male voice for pick-ups and female for warnings everything is just fine. Maybe there is a way to solve this?

The last one is all about design and consistency (I doubt it ever will be changed, but oh well, you never know).
    I'm talking about 2048 campaign grid design. It came straight from Vita and looks a little bit out of place in Omega within the flat HD/Fury main interface. If you remember, when HD and Fury came to Vita their campaign grid design was changed to correlate with the overall 2048 vita interface. So why then the same wasn't applied to 2048 campaign grid design here in Omega? I know each individual 2048 campaign has more events in its grid than any HD/Fury counterpart. But still I think it would be great to have consistency even in a such not-so-important thing as campaign grid design.

Thanks in advance for reading this wall of text, I really hope these minute things I mentioned won't be ignored.

Cheers.
    Last edited by chalovak; 6th June 2017 at 11:52 AM. Reason: correcting stupid mistakes

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Report as found, that's the whole point of this thread.

Nice Report ! Respect !
    Very thorough, just what's needed.

I hope any future reports give the same amount of info, in as much detail....pointless otherwise.

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

Those new themes for zone mode, i dont really like them. hope they can bring them back, im not sure about 2048's version though, but i think its the same color themes as before.

As for the trials part, same issue on psvita hd fury zone mode, this is a bit annoying to me as well

as for zone, when your ship is destroyed, its the exactly same effect from vita's hd/fury

shooting detonator's bombs is less colorful than PS3 version

when flying the mag strip in modesto reverse, it may deactivate the mag strip effects halfway through (very annoying if you use turbo for it)

As for online

When a host leaves, theres a chance a random player in lobby will be the host

Combat in online is too much, it has the same scoring as vita version, tracks are too huge for combat and too many pads and now you can absorb for shield. so a combat game that had 200 requirement can now last a hour or more

when flying the mag strip in modesto reverse, it may deactivate the mag strip effects halfway through (very annoying if you use turbo for it)

sometimes you will get a error message when joining a lobby (i never seen this from hd fury)
    Last edited by Racingfan; 6th June 2017 at 03:08 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

Leaderboard times are already showing glitched times. Venom single race times has a leader with a completion time of 0:37 seconds. I REALLLLLLLY hope this gets resolved.

I was really hoping this wouldn't be a long occurring issue. Still ranked 10 on first. Not too shabby for someone out of practice.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    tug_14

BSB "exploit" is still avalaible ...

PSN ID
    Kazzy-Mac

I've come across two glitches/issues so far. One is visual and the other is a definite gameplay concern. I encountered these in 2048.

Visual;

Contrails sometimes glitch out and are displaced or only show on one side. Happens all the time in Zone mode. It's slightly distracting and annoys the heck out of me, but not gamebreaking.

Gameplay;

I'm consistently glitching out of the map at the end of one of the tracks in Zone mode. I'll have to go find the name because I can't remember it, but it's the one with the finicky little left-right, left-right bumpy part at the start that's super-narrow and annoying. It also has a raised train track/monorail section as a side-path/shortcut. The very last speed pad on the circuit (on the 'normal' path and not the upper side-path) had a tendency to clip the craft under it at high speed; it happened to me twice in a row and around 4 times in the run I did.

I also bounced accidentally going up the side-route half-way through the track (that goes along the monorail) and was sent airborne for a good ten/fifteen seconds before landing OOB and being reset.

I was streaming at the time so I wasn't able to record it locally, though I (or someone else) could go through the stream recordings and find it.

Side-comment

A friend has also told me that some of the graphical effects (namely the equaliser effects) are missing in the backgrounds in Zone mode too. Deliberate game choice or accidentally left out? Huh...

Timezone
    GMT + 3
    PSN ID
    chalovak

This is how 2048 campaign grid could look if it was inline with the overall HD/Fury interface design:
    2048 interface.jpg

What do you think?
    Last edited by chalovak; 7th June 2017 at 11:17 AM.

PSN ID
    UB3R-BR3NDAGE

Glitched leaderboards are definitely back. One of the campaign events has a time of 0:00.00 as the top time.

It appears in Speed Freak, Metropia, Venom I believe (I'll double check this). Similar to the above, I've also started to see impossible single race times too.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MrOrbital

Someone in the Wipeout Omega Community wrote that it had been noticed. They knew the reason for it and it would be fixed. I don't know who this person was though.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

That was John McLaughlin, he's a senior producer at Sony XDEV

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

Just noticed a possibly glitch for 2048 leaderboard

the first race, empire climb leaderboard

the time 3.06.78 was with feisar speed, but he only got half the pads of what i have, i also tested this with a feisar speed, and i was 2 seconds behind, now if i only had 30 pads, it be 5-7 seconds slower

my guess is its the lap 1 glitch, its a very rare random glitch that can end a race/TT after one lap when in reality its 2-10.

im going to send you a pm for more info about this glitch. its that 1 lap glitch or some glitch that shows it wasnt the ship he used and speed pads counter was broken but i doubt it

some feedback

Racebox 2048 + online 2048

The default laps should be
    C: 2-3
    B: 2-3
    A: 3-4
    A+ 4-5

Compare this to HD, 2048 races can double the time it takes to finish on HD

on captical reach A, it took me 4 minutes to end which was crazy

Bombs should have a lower expire time, from 20 to 5 or 10 seconds, its very annoying when you hit a bomb from last lap, because theres no warning or anything, and now its way harder to see bombs compared to PS3 version

There should be a global search in lobby list that includes all regions.

Quote Originally Posted by Racingfan View Post
    Just noticed a possibly glitch for 2048 leaderboard

the first race, empire climb leaderboard

the time 3.06.78 was with feisar speed, but he only got half the pads of what i have, i also tested this with a feisar speed, and i was 2 seconds behind, now if i only had 30 pads, it be 5-7 seconds slower

my guess is its the lap 1 glitch, its a very rare random glitch that can end a race/TT after one lap when in reality its 2-10.

im going to send you a pm for more info about this glitch. its that 1 lap glitch or some glitch that shows it wasnt the ship he used and speed pads counter was broken but i doubt it

some feedback

Racebox 2048 + online 2048

The default laps should be
    C: 2-3
    B: 2-3
    A: 3-4
    A+ 4-5

This one is really interesting to us - how do we think this may be happening?

Important: If *anyone* has ever had this 1 lap issue please remember that by default your PS4 records gameplay, if you hit the "Share" button, you can save the video... once you have that video, it can easily be shared with us (or uploaded to youtube etc) - for us to find bugs, usually, it's about what the user has done a long time *before* the bug

Are there every any instances of people doing this exploit intentionally?

PSN ID
    Justice_Curtains

So I have a minor bug to report: On Chengou Project Forward, the roof above the tunnel after the drop stop rendering whilst its still visible (IE whilst still in midair from the jump) There also a similar issue on Modesto Heights forward after the bridge, exactly at the hairpin corner.

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

random glitch but extremely rare. i sent you a pm about this glitch from vita version and what he said for it to happen.

Im going to pm this guy and see what he says.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

Quote Originally Posted by chalovak View Post
    This is how 2048 campaign grid could look if it was inline with the overall HD/Fury interface design:
    *snip*

What do you think?
    Too convoluted imo, I'd personally just have the 2048, 2049 & 2050 screens open up their respective grid with the essential information horizontally at the bottom (Game Mode, Track, Speed, Laps (Progress is already indicated by the grey, yellow or green icon on the geometry itself)), where selecting one of the races gives you more info about the objectives as well as the top 5 or 8 leaderboards (similar to 2048 on vita, but all in 1 screen (if it fits))

I enjoyed the leaderboards for campaign events being right there to look at (on vita), instead of having to go to the leaderboards manually to go and check it
    Although I'm not certain if campaign leaderboards feel more important than multiplayer leaderboards to me (Read that the multiplayer ones had to make room for the campaign ones), as after playing the campaign once, i rarely ever went back to it (really only when people requested help for plati) and most of my time was spent in multiplayer with other pilots, where it was always nice to see you improved your "PB" (personal best) and noticed that you were becoming a better pilot.

regarding your first post:
    I like your eye for detail ;-)
    And I too would be happy to see an option to turn off pickup voices. If they are displayed on screen, they're not essential (although displaying would have to happen faster, as there's a bit of a delay), and turning them off makes for a calmer racing experience (with incoming weaps & pickups being voiced, it is a continuous on-going of announcements, which makes it feel a little hectic in my opinion)
    Last edited by Cipher; 7th June 2017 at 07:10 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 3
    PSN ID
    chalovak

Thanks, Cipher. I agree, it does look a little bit convoluted because of the number of events in one grid. Still, it imitates the HD/Fury interface, which was the point of my fourth... erm.. point.))

Anyway, found another glitch. It's in the control section of option menu. For some reason the game sees R1 as R2, L1 as L2 and vice versa.
    Like most of us I use R2 and L2 for airbrakes. For some reason the default settings were different: L1 and R1 for airbrakes. So I went to options, changed the settings to R2 and L2, and look what screen showed me:
    Attachment 10732

R1 for right airbrake, L1 for left airbrake.
    Although I pressed R2 and L2 to set the controls for airbrakes earlier. But if I press L1 or R1 the game will show me that I pressed L2 and R2 respectively.
    Games mixes this buttons up a bit. Weird.

UPD. Seems it happens only during Remote Play on Mac. So, meh.
    It feels like the app thinks that you are using PS Vita instead of a DS4, hence the glitch.
    Last edited by chalovak; 8th June 2017 at 05:29 AM.

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

Weapon hints on doesnt work in 2048 online

2048 leaderboards in campaign just show one page... you cant scroll down pages

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

I've found that a minor bug that existed in HD/Fury on the PS3 has carried over to omega Collection, its nothing significant but it really bothers me

Sometimes when playing online if you choose FEISAR Fury's zone Battle skin, the game will instead think you've chosen the HD FEISAR. There have been several occasions now where I pick my favourite skin for my FEISAR (Zone Battle skin) and upon loading into a online race I have the HD FEISAR instead!

I don't know if it only affects FEISAR or any of the other teams, but its rather inconveniencing going into a race with a ship I didn't want to use.

Timezone
    GMT + 3
    PSN ID
    chalovak

Minor stuff regarding audio.

There is no accompanying SFX when track colour and speed class change in any Zone event of 2048, only voice that announce a new class can be heard.
    This also applies to a track "shivering" effect which happens when all the dots next to the title of the current class are filled.

Superminor thing: in HD/Fury Zone mode "Subsonic" class is only announced by a male this time around, when in PS3 it was announced by both female and male voices. Which was really super uber cool. Still, in Omega both voices says "Mach 1" and "Supersonic" together.