Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: WipEout omega collection videos

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

I don't think it can be a significant advantage on metro park because the boost effect of the BR starts pretty far from the starting line. It can be a little advantage on tracks were you can BR just before/after the starting line, like downtown, unity square, queens mall and only on C,B and A TT, not on speedlaps.

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

Isn't Unity Square another track that this could potentially make a massive difference? That's 2 additional BRs before the first corner. Not sure how many SPs you'd have to hit to build up the speed but you may not even be able to tell who's using it.

Thing is though is that it's human nature to wonder if the guys faster than you are using this trick? Like, Booney is faster than me right, that's just fact But now on certain tracks I'm now thinking I know where he's finding the extra time from. I don't like that, I just want to accept that the man's a beast.

Edit:
    Took me so long to write that post at work that Leungbok beat me to mentioning Unity Square

PSN ID
    Wotan998

Long time without some wipeout video . Having fun with ubermall on zone mode recently : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riFwrtJQOFE
    Last edited by Wotan; 5th July 2017 at 02:15 PM.

PSN ID
    SoA_Booney

Which tracks are you thinking obh?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    aerobie2

Not actually an Omega Collection video, but this car looks like the Feisar precursor from the opening cinematic for WipEout 2048:
    https://youtu.be/s0JlQeCeExs

This one here:
    https://youtu.be/bNq8lqUhoV0?t=24s

It's going to become a nuisance and annoying eventually when the times get fast enough to have to turn around at the beginning of a lap. Bbs is for a single lap, but having to do this for an entire race is crappy. This exploit is possible in wipeout, wipeout XL, 64, but no one did it on the records tables.

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

it only works for the first lap of a time trial anyway

altima c speed lap

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87HjyV_fQ7k

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

Quote Originally Posted by SoA_Booney View Post
    Which tracks are you thinking obh?
    Sorry, I didn't mean to sound like I was actually suspicious of your times at all mate! I'm not in the slightest!

Just trying to make a point that while this exploit exists, no one will ever know who has and who hasn't used it.

As Jabberjaw says, it'll become dull doing TTs if you have to turn around before every attempt.

Yes, very annoying. There's a reason there are no turbos, they wanted strict racing with no weird tricks outside the track. Now turning around will eventually become necessary.

They left bsb in for speed laps, basically giving two different experiences.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

^
    Should have been easy to extend the timer for canceling a lap to a point where bsb isn't possible anymore.

https://youtu.be/3XSf1RW54VM
    Not my video, but that lap is so good that i want it to be shared on this platform

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Alphalon

Should be noted that turning around doesn't work in HD - the timer on HD starts immediately, not when you cross the starting line. Not sure why it's different between the two.

PSN ID
    SoA_Booney

Oh Fiesar, that lap is tasty.

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeJBCrdaNCQ

anulpha pass phantom TT

for some reason elgato messed up at end

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

So... BSB is all good then and acceptable for SL then?

Got work to do...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

absolutely ok why should it not be ok? everything that's doable, and not fixed by the developer (even though they know about it), is a legal manoeuvre/technique! they fixed some things though (anulpha zone glitch; anulpha zico exploit; airbrake glitch aka DRS).
    Last edited by JFthebestJan; 6th July 2017 at 05:04 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

Now I just have to git gud again. I won't beat Booney any time soon at this rate.

•I tried on Moa Therma for ages. Finally nailed the BSB, missed the last barrel roll (I'll take it though, 34.xx isn't slow).
    •Then, I tried numerous Ubermall attempts. Finally nailed that one with a sweet roll off the side towards the start. Missed the roll near the cat turn.
    •THEN, I tried Vineta K. Landed that one right off, then missed both the rolls in the tunnel.
    •Tried Anulpha Pass... Gave up on lap 55
    •Chenghou Reverse, I FINALLY GOT! But it really didn't make much difference on Venom

*By the way, I don't know if you know about this one on Chenghou Reverse, so I'll explain it for someone else to figure out. Right after the sharp haripin just before the final uphill curve, you can boost midway on the hill and brake hard left to not go off track. It is hard to do, but it is possible to get another boost out of it. I think just boosting before start is faster though. I can't confirm this, and my times seemed faster just doing that, still... possibilities perhaps. A BSB CHAINROLL perhaps?*

I'm rusty at the moment.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

JF is right. You can do anything possible in the game. It is the the developer's responsibility to remove bugs and glitches ( which they did - see JF above).
    The other thing is whether it is tolerated by the community. People using the airbrake glitch were ostracized, e.g. Personally, i dislike those boosts across the map, gaining an advantage of 5s or more by exploiting "holes" in those invisible reset barriers.
    Regarding bsb, i think there are different categories of them. Two of them (Vineta k and Ubermall forward) are intuitive, do not disturb the flow of the track and are in relation easily applicable.
    Then there are the annoying ones ( The amphiseum and especially Moa therma [fu** this one]) which often fail and thus limit the flow of the track and SL session. And ultimately there are those bsb where you have to sacrifice for their preparation's sake whole parts of the track and/or a massive amount of time.
    Anulpha forward is a good example: since you are required to sideshift almost off the bridge in order to tilt your ship drastically. Therefor you are never able to finish the normally, using a br off the bridge and potentionally practise the double or triple.
    But the most disgusting ones are those where you abuse the track limitations as a launching pad, because that enables bsb on almost every track and forces you to do that s well (if the other player is good enough - the ones abusing air break glitch weren't. You can beat that times regularly).
    I wouldn't mind at all if the whole bsb part would be banned from this platform, causte the only track suffering from that would be vineta k, because you then have to use your actual boost for the part which you usually bypass via bsb.

Bt2: smooth Anulpha TT
    Last edited by xI-eI2aiiZZa-Ix; 6th July 2017 at 07:31 AM. Reason: Editing the overview

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

Quote Originally Posted by Racingfan View Post
    Now this is good

All this chat about bsb is why I believe SLs & TTs are far better on 2048.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    tug_14

I don't undestand why they keep BSB avalaible ... and to remind , developpers try to avoid it .
    So , is it legit ? We already have many discuss about it

to me , not

I can perform most of them but i did not and i will not use them ...

A boost will be welcome for sl and tt in 2048 ^^

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

No, no, no!!! No boost for SLs/TTs in 2048!!! It's just pure racing lines.