Thread: PSN Name Change 'issues identified' reporting thread

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Viva_Hatuey

Default PSN Name Change 'issues identified' reporting thread

Hey everyone,
    PSN now allows you to change your PSN ID. I haven't done it yet. I was wondering if anyone here has given it a try? I ask because Omega Collection is listed on the list of games with "known issues". These are not critical issues, but Sony advises you to review the list of possible glitches you might encounter.
    https://www.playstation.com/en-ca/ne...es-identified/
    I thought I'd bring it up. If anyone has gone ahead and changed their name, please let us all know what kinds of issues you encounter. Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I decided to bite the bullet and do the name change and find out what issues there would be the hard way. I have mixed feelings about what happened. You don't lose any campaign progress. My global records for HD/Fury seem intact. But I lost all of my global 2048 records. They've disappeared from the leaderboards. I'm happy to redo the ones that are important to me. It's probably too much to hope that this game will get patched to correct for this, but who knows. Aside from that, I don't see too much in the way of crippling, debilitating glitches. It'll be interesting to see if other players do indeed see me as my new username, and not listed as purist284. One other note, personal (non-global) records appear to display with the old username. Maybe they'll get replaced as you replay them.
    https://youtu.be/Fers4cSho50

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Why not just start another player ID on your console ?
    All the games would still be playable without any of the issues.

If you want people at this forum to know of your new user name, you might want to edit your PSNID info in your personnel settings so it shows at the top right-hand side when you post

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Viva_Hatuey

Well I was overdue for a name change. The old one was kind of bland, and really a very obscure reference. More importantly, a new player ID means I'm on the hook for re-purchasing any games that are that important to me. No, the point was to test the name change feature and find out just what the issues were. Now we know.
    I'll be sure to edit my forum profile as you suggested. Thanks.
    Edit: One additional note - I was redoing Zone Mode at Queen's Mall, and I noticed that the game does retain my old record in some form - the target zone to beat displays on the HUD and at the end of round summary. So that data is in there somewhere. Maybe it could be patched.
    Last edited by purist284; 17th April 2019 at 01:49 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Probably a internal record [GHOST] time that remains on your console.
    Get a USB stick drive and copy that info across is my recommendation.....you never know when things might go pear shaped

ghosts are saved in the game progression\game saved data, its a unique file, unlike ps3 where you could delete your single ghosts or the ghosts saved data file, if i remember correctly

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

You used to be able to SWAP ghost files with each other on the PS3.
    Connaver has the record site where you could post them for people to download.

MMM, got me thinking, maybe the same can somehow be done for OMEGA, using somebody else's GHOST certainly helped me 'Beat Zico' on the PS3

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    You used to be able to SWAP ghost files with each other on the PS3.
    Connaver has the record site where you could post them for people to download.

MMM, got me thinking, maybe the same can somehow be done for OMEGA, using somebody else's GHOST certainly helped me 'Beat Zico' on the PS3
    no i doubt you can on ps4, as i said, ghosts are all stored in a single data file, not sure if it's a separate file or it's inside the main game's saved data file.

connavar's website is dead for your information btw

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Yeah I tried to visit it and found it so.
    Rather strange though, as I did a search of his last forum activities and he was all eager to update his site to include OMEGA .
    Why that never eventuated I can only guess was because of lack of interest shown by fellow forum members.

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    Yeah I tried to visit it and found it so.
    Rather strange though, as I did a search of his last forum activities and he was all eager to update his site to include OMEGA .
    Why that never eventuated I can only guess was because of lack of interest shown by fellow forum members.
    me and other 2 guys used to talk with him on the rankings chat, about the website updates, he was making it, the job was almost done (i also created .svg icons for omega tracks\speed classes\game modes\etc on adobe illustrator and gave 'em to conna) but then he suddenly disappeared and the website stopped working, i lost contacts with him so i don't know what happened.

anyways, let's stop the offtopic