Which version do you have?
It sounds to me like you are still on the last of the TPP builds, which had the remapping feature disabled.
Look at the top right of the Home screen and it should say Build Version 1.0.16

On the full version you have small tournament at the end of each speed class Campaign................ As for a Championship, interesting idea, I'll put it to them and see what happens, I don't think it would take much to add it in.
FF4000 is 6 different races + 3 race tournament
FF3000 is 8 different races + 3 race tournament
FF2000................... "....................."
FF1000...................."....................."
Elite ......................."....................."
The you have to beat the BEAST, which is like a super elite AI

It's the only way to open up all the tracks and their different versions [This might change], so at the end of Campaign, you should have.
El Muro
Niagara
Midtown Trafik
Fiyah! Fury
Atlas Torres
Freeway
Trans Atol
And all tracks except Freeway will have reverse, plus Night and Day versions of both Forward and Reverse tracks.

The thing is, this one Campaign opens up these 8 tracks and the variations, giving you 30 different ones....but in the Campaign menu there is already [Locked] 9 more Campaigns....That's a LOT of content ear marked for this game!

Apart from Campaign, you can choose
Quick Race -Against AI weapons active
Clean Race - Against AI NO weapons
Time Trial
Speed Lap [it differs from Wipeout as you are competing against the AI over a certain amount of laps that can still beat your time ]
Elimination [Nothing like Wipeouts, this works by eliminating whoever is coming last after each lap of a 10 lap race]
Endurance...This works like Zone does in Wipeout, where you keep racing till your health runs out, but without your speed gradually increasing