Thread: Full release is out.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Default Full release is out.

The full release of Formula Fusion came out today.

Some new tracks [well fully rendered ones that those on the TPP would have seen in bare bones form before], and two new craft chassis, that will be new to everybody.

I'll post some videos over the weekend.

It's not where R8 want it to be, but they are sort of behind the 8 ball financially and need a influx of cash so they can get a fully fleshed out version working really well for console release, so it's still a work in progress, but at least it's playable.
    We have been told to expect lots of updates and DLC over the coming months, guess we shall see what eventuates.
    I was also told that there will definitely be Flight Stick and/ or Steering Wheel support for both the PC and PS4 versions....I think Flight Stick would be the best because FF is very sensitive to nose up/down, far more so than any wipeout game.

The other problem is that it hasn't been optimized yet, so ATM you are going to need both a powerful CPU and GPU and a fair whack of RAM, I'm not having any problems running it on my i7 GTX980 32G Ram PC, I'm getting a solid 60FPS with Epic settings, but others with lesser machines can't get it running apparently, so I'd check to see what the current minimum spec'd PC is needed beforehand if you are thinking of giving it a try [it's very cheap compared to a full PS4 game] and there will be a free cut back demo version available probably from the 5th June.

Formula Fusion is very very Nice.
    I buy the Early Acces for 1 Year with 19sfr.
    All update later for free.
    And now the Full version for Free??
    This is finanziell ruin.
    Have R8 a Patreon.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

No Patreon.

I don't think they sold that many early access to begin with [only R8 would know the figures ] This 'full release' on Steam is at a reduced cost to just inject some cash into the business so they can get the game onto console, it still needs work, which everybody that is playing it would agree, but what is there in the current build is still at least playable, and there has already been a update to help solve the high CPU / GPU usage some have been suffering.

I'd liken the situation to creating and cooking a complex recipe, you have to create the recipe, then you have to gather all your ingredients, and follow the individual steps to make the separate components, once you have done that you can start putting the dish together, then work on your presentation.
    FF is at around 3/4 of the making the separate components stage, what they have is having it seasoning adjusted so it tastes how it needs to

PSN ID
    WipEout_F7200

Don't know much about Formula Fusion, but i can't help but think they should of just called it "WipEout Formula" in my opinon. I mean from what i gather thats more or less what it is right?
    A variation of wipeout using stuff similar to wipeout. hence the reason why i think it should be called WipEout Formula... but i don't expect anyone to agree with me & i just know you've paragraphs of text to convince me i'm wrong...

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

It's more like a F1 AG Racing league, as in getting the right lines and the pitch of the craft nose at the correct angle for the track is paramount, the weapons are meant to be more of a hindrance than a out right craft destroyers

Actually they had in the last build internal Cockpit view, where you looked out through a windshield and had a control console and steering wheel in front of you, now I don't usually use that view [WO Fusion had it] as I prefer nose cam view, but I did notice that using internal cockpit view made judging the pitch of the craft nose a lot easier, as you can use the top of the dash as a reference.

They have removed it for this first version, but it will quickly be reinstated, but with different internal cockpit designs for each craft.
    Which reminds me, I really should be making some videos of the new tracks and craft......I'll do that as soon as I post this.

PSN ID
    WipEout_F7200

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    Which reminds me, I really should be making some videos of the new tracks and craft......I'll do that as soon as I post this.
    If you do, let me know... I would like to learn more about the game tbh for when a possible ps4 release happens... my fear is that it will mess with Omega's launch/reviews/ratings... ect.