Thread: So, we did a thing in Liverpool...

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Default So, we did a thing in Liverpool...

Today saw the release of a video from Playstation Europe talking about the history of the Wipeout series. A few weeks back, me and Rob were invited up to Liverpool to take part in this and we were interviewed along with people like Nick Burcombe, Ami Nakajima, Shaun Mooney and John McGlaughlin. Here's a snapshot of what we got up to, and you may notice a rather handsome bastard making his Playstation Europe channel debut at about 1:38

We chatted about a lot more than this so keep your eyes peeled for more!

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I hope there's a video of you beating the developers in a race, it would be pretty much certain considering your holding number 1 position on a lot of the Betas race leaderboards.

Did Rob happen to mention to the development team just how much he hates barrel rolls ?

PSN ID
    infoxicated

I did not, but I did reinstall 2048 on my Vita in an attempt to reignite my interest in it.

Wasn't too long before the barrel rolls and skill cuts killed my interest again. That and the stupid ship selection mechanic, where you could start a race loading and realise you were using the wrong type of ship and have to exit out to the main menu again.

Fortunately, I've long since made my peace with the fact the games no longer play the way they did when I fell in love with it. Come the middle of July it'll be 17 years since one was released that did, so I've let go of the hope it'll ever play that way again.

Despite that, I'm still really proud of my involvement in both the community and on the games I was at Studio Liverpool for.

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

thanks for this its awesome!

"We chatted about a lot more than this so keep your eyes peeled for more!"

can't wait

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

You didn't fancy making a short detour to Stockport to see if I wanted to join in?

On topic its an awesome video, really makes you appreciate how far the franchise has come and the community behind it!

PSN ID
    Knux_Chaotix

Really enjoyed watching this. The Wipeout Community is a really special thing to be part of. You can see it as you all talk about it. The passion is there, and its awesome.

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

That was a good watch.

Used to have Wip3out arcade machines in the clubs round my way. Unfortunately at 11 years old I hadn't yet reached that stage of my life, but I've seen pictures of groups of people absolutely sweating their nuts off, completely away with the fairies and trying to play WO

PSN ID
    Hybrid_Divide

@Infoxicated
    As one of the old timers around here, when I saw you included in that video, I cheered! Got an odd look from my co-worker from that!