Thread: RIP Marcus Intalex (of M.I.S.T - Smart Systems)

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    SpaceFolding

Exclamation RIP Marcus Intalex (of M.I.S.T - Smart Systems)

Not sure how relevant this is to you guys but Marcus Intalex, who buddied with S.T Files as M.I.S.T to produce the track Smart Systems for Wipeout Pulse and HD, passed away on May 29th 2017 due to reasons unknown. He was one of the original big names in drum & bass. Rest in peace.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Rapidkirby3000

Terribly sorry to hear the news. That was a beautiful DnB song and one of my favorites.
    Last edited by Rapidkirby3k; 1st June 2017 at 08:13 AM.

PSN ID
    Beuzer0

Very sadden by this, he's one of my favorite DnB producer. His wEo tune is surely one of the best track from the series.

A nice playlist of his work:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6yA...s2aVQ0cWIbjgtZ

It is very relevant, thank you for the news, RIP.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    GBalao888

"Smart Systems" is no doubt, in my opinion, the best song ever in the WipEout series, and yet it's sad to hear that the artist, Marcus Intalex had just passed away nearly more than a month ago. Sure, he also had some cool songs too, as well. I'd always blast it out loud whenever it plays in not just WipEout, but every racing game that features custom soundtrack.

In fact, during my school's prom, "Smart Systems" was playing, and yet some people (especially this one girl) probably made a fitting tribute by rapping some smooth lyrics to the song.

Timezone
    GMT + 4
    PSN ID
    Som_Shm

I am deeply saddened by what happened. My highest condolences to him. I've been searching for this amazing track for a while now, and knowing that the creator of this fine tune has died make me very sad. He will be making some sweet beats in heaven.

Timezone
    GMT -6

Hearing his music influenced my life greatly. He is to be respected, and he will be missed.

If I knew how to play violin, I would do a cover of Smart Systems in front of a bonfire.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

A great [liquid] DnB artist has left us

Timezone
    GMT + 10

I was fortunate to see him perform here just a couple of months earlier this year in his Trevino Techno production alter-ego. Although I'm a sometime D&B DJ myself, my preference was for his classic Acid 303 & 313/413 Detroit stylings...