Thread: Wipeout 3 SE copies for sale?

Timezone
    GMT -6

Default Wipeout 3 SE copies for sale?

So after getting WipEout as a ps1 classic, I decided to complete the entire franchise in order. Now, I've completed Wipeout, and Wipeout xl. (I now have a nervous break down when I hear the words "silverstream" and "spilskinanke.") Anyway, my point is, I need wipeout 3 se. I've searched, and I cant seem to find any copies for sale. If anyone knows of any copies for sale, please let me know. Maybe an emulator?

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

There's a few for sale on Ebay UK if you're willing to import, but they're not cheap.

Timezone
    GMT -6

Silly me. When I posted this, I did so little research that I didn't even bother to check the UK amazon. I had totally forgotten about this thread until you replied. (exams are coming up so my concentration is elsewhere) Anyway, my new plan is to use a boot disk to play it on my ps2 slim. Does anyone have a recommendation? I've been thinking about gameshark...

Timezone
    GMT -6

Quick question: does wipout 3 se have a language select screen? An answer sooner rather than later would be greatly appreciated

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    manolis_angel

Yes, the first time you play the game or if it doesn't load a savefile.

Timezone
    GMT -6

Ok thanks! We've messaged a seller on ebay who dosent have the US as a shipping location. Hopefully they will ship it to us and we can have it soon!

EDIT: the reason I asked was we are buying one from italy, and the case was in italian.
    Last edited by PureSpeed7; 16th May 2017 at 08:52 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    manolis_angel

Good luck and happy grinding.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I'm just wondering if the copy you receive will be a PAL /European copy, not a NTSC/USA one, if so you might have problems with it not playing back on a NTSC / USA based PS2
    Not a problem if using a emulator on a PC

Timezone
    GMT -6

It will be a PAL copy, as se only came out in europe. I will use gameshark lite (which came in a few days ago) to run it. I have made sure the tv I will be using can handle a 50 hz signal. The weird thing is you have to hold all the shoulder buttons and start and select to boot gameshark lite on a ps2, or it will only play the audio. The only thing I am waiting on now is the actual game itself, as overseas shipping is taking ages.

Timezone
    GMT -6

It came in today, and after some tinkering, I got it to work. My only problem is the screen seems to be shifted to the right and up, so that I can't see my sheild energy. I've tried positioning the screen in the options, but it won't go to the area I need it in. Any solutions?

EDIT: Also, the music won't play. (I'm using my phone to play a playlist of this game's music while I race.)
    Last edited by PureSpeed7; 20th May 2017 at 09:04 PM.

PSN ID
    WipEout_F7200

I got Wip3out the other day... but my ps3 is in compatible and i cba to find my ps1... wish i knew about the SE version.

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

when playing wip3out on PS3 the game always freezes at start of the race

SE does work on ps3 tho
    Last edited by Racingfan; 23rd May 2017 at 03:48 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Pime_Taradox234

One would need a PAL PS1 or PS3 to play 3SE, correct? I've tried looking this up and that seems to be the case. Dammit.

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

Yes you need a PAL ps1/ps3 unless you have a modded console that can play games from any region

Timezone
    GMT -6

You could use a boot disk (I recommend gameshark lite) on a ps2 if you have one. You may have to open your ps2 to block a disk tray sensor, (as I did) depending on your model. That's if you have a ps2. Wip3out works on my ps3. I just play se on a ps2 because it is superior.

EDIT: Okay, the screen cut-off is starting to get on my nerves. For some reason, the bottom part of the screen is cut off so I can't see my shield energy. (Disastrous) Also, the music won't play. (Not a problem, as I can play the playlist on my phone) I've finished vector class, and on venom class I need to see my shield energy to avoid being blown up.....

If anyone sees anything that could lead a solution, please post it here.
    Last edited by PureSpeed7; 26th May 2017 at 10:32 PM.