Thread: General Discussion

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    theconzio

Default General Discussion

I couldn't see general FF thread on here so I decided to create one, and with that here's a facebook livestream that they've recently done at EGX London showing a new build

https://www.facebook.com/R8Games/vid...0981768924347/

Man, these tracks are definitely wide now
    Last edited by TheConzio; 31st March 2017 at 02:17 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Things I see in that video that they have added / changed since the last build..... a huge amount of stuff.

Added Campaign mode......BUT THERE WILL BE NO ZONE MODE.....at least on first release....They talk about the predecessor to Wipeout's Zone mode, which was a special loop track from WO3 Japanese version..It's also on WO3SE version, so I suspect if any Zone mode were to be added to FF it would be something like that.

Changed the look of track selection menu.

Added new weapons and the way they are selected.

Updated A.I.

10 different craft skins available....World region specific...nothing really changed there.

Redesigned Craft / weapon update screen so it shows individual stats of what state your craft is at when changing things.

Manahatta no longer has rain effect in play, just a wet track [Yay ! you can see where you are going now]

Tracks have been widened and banked, and corners have been straightened out a bit [looking at Manahatta at least] I think that might be because shield energy is lost too easily at the fastest speed due to hitting the sides, plus the sheer speed you can get these craft up to need the wider tracks...a LOT faster than any Wipeout game.

Trans Atol track has been changed dramatically, they widened it nearly everywhere, and IMHO have taken the challenge out of it by straightening out the chicanes and added a Gravity Loop [Like Moa Therma]

New race modes - Online mode- is named [WAR -World Anti gravity Racing] [not sure which modes are available to be played online] Clean Race, Destruction, Elimination, Time Trial, Endurance, Speed Lap

3 New tracks which takes the total to 8 tracks: Freeway, Flyami Fury, and Ti Muco, all except Freeway are playable in reverse, day/ night....[I've got videos of these new tracks in RED route route guise when we had to test them back in Nov last year , I'd put them up on YouTube but I've been asked not to by R8] They all seemed to have been widened and somewhat straightened out compared to the test versions [very few acute corners in this game apart from Manahatta ] again, probably due to the speed the craft can get up to, they would be too fast for the tracks otherwise.

Two new faster craft speeds, which now takes total to 5 - Dragon and Voxel are the two new fastest speed classes - Each craft can have one of 5 variations to choose from [Pilot assist, Stealth Bomber, Blinder, Panzer and Lilol [?] ]

R8 have basically stated that FF is a racer first, with weapons designed more as a disruptive element, rather than to eliminate opponents......I suppose Online will still suffer areas of track that will be like Cambodia [littered with mines], some things will never change.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    theconzio

I think this is a good read for those who don't know too much about the game and R8's intentions

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2017/...turistic_racer

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

R8 have posted some new photos on their Facebook page.
    Two of them look like they might be ZONE related.

First is a draft of a track design that is very similar to the one in the WO3SE video above.
    FF zone track.png

Second is of what I assume would be a ZONE style of FF craft.
    FF zone craft.png

Isn't that fan art? I saw the FB posts and they mentioned fan-art.

nu9get Guest

same, saw on fb

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I didn't see mention of fan art for the batch of photos the ones above were in, but you could be correct, as they have posted fan art before.
    Maybe because I'm not actually a member of Facebook [and never will be] I can't view all the information about the photos ????

nu9get Guest

Attachment 10665

here you go, same for the ship

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I could be wrong, but instinct is telling me that R8 have come to the conclusion that the game is at such a state, that no further TPP testing would be worthwhile......spinning on their own axis's

They seem happy with what improvements they have made since the DECEMBER TPP release,which seem vast [ No way to know since we don't have access ], and are [from posts at their Farcebook page ] just going to relish in the small glory of being voted best games at that games expo they just showed at....it wasn't international as far as I could tell, and had little to no press coverage....so basically as much use as a poster wrapped around a telegraph pole, just before a council worker comes around and removes it.

Sorry to sound so jaded, but yet again, R8 are not telling those most interested, and could be the best batting for them, WTF is going on ?
    Worse PR if there was any......Has PURDISC suffered a fatal accident?.... or has he chosen to remove himself from R8 PR work by walking away, like his predecessor ?

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    theconzio

New update - with commentary

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    theconzio

Release date: June 1

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Either they used some old footage, or they have reinstated the headlights back for the craft when on the night time version of the circuits.
    It will be interesting to see what the final version ends up like, it still needed a bit of work IMHO, especially regarding the weapons.

It will give me a break form the Omega Pack Beta anyway, I'll see if I can finish FF Campaign before the Omega Pack is released.

It will be bloody awesome if they add flight stick/steering wheel support, which I see they a seriously considering, I chipped in asked if they were to do so that they made it for sticks/wheels that usable on both PC and PS4, which I think is a pretty reasonable request, and a sensible thing for them to do.....it would sure differentiate FF from wipeout.
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 29th May 2017 at 09:05 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    theconzio

I'd still keep in mind that there won't be a "final version", as they're planning to keep updating the game with new content and features as time goes on. But yes, very excited to see this hit an official release on PC, as well as consoles later this year supposedly.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Well that's the beauty of starting a game from scratch and having a open ended way to upgrade the game, it's pretty much limitless to what they can do with Formula Fusion now the basic framework is built.

With the card system, they can easily allow people to upgrade or change pretty much any facet of craft handling, weapon choices and the way the weapons operate, sure it not quite ready yet, but the potential for the game is huge [and this is what's it's down to, for me at least ]

I can't wait to try the two new craft chassis.
    Problem with them going full game is that we on the TPP will now have to grind to get enough points to pay for the needed upgrade cards, where we have had free rein to try them all without having to do that.

PSN ID
    DIXI200

I will divide my Mac to insert a PC part, and I hope I have the requirements to play in FF and other AG games. I participated in his release, but I have never tried and now it seems much better. Congratulations for a great job.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Twenty, Twenty, Four Hours to Go !

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    theconzio

Hey Blackwiggle, looks like we're in the credits

v4JkLGG.jpg

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    theconzio

Latest update

Timezone
    GMT -10
    PSN ID
    Riamusama

Very nice. I'm glad I heard about this game recently, my Steam collection was lacking a fun AG racer.