Thread: Analog controller in PC version? (Win7)

Timezone
    GMT -8

Default Analog controller in PC version? (Win7)

Hey Folks,
    I just got XL installed and working at the correct speed, but I'm sorely lacking in control options.
    Coming from the Saturn version, I've always been able to use the 3D control pad to have analog control in XL, and I would like to be able to have it in the PC version as well.

I have tried a variety of tools like vJoy and UJR but XL doesn't seem to detect the vJoy input device.
    I've also been searching this forum to try to find a solution but I haven't come up with much.

Is there any option out there for analog controllers in the PC version of XL/2097?

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Did you set that new device as the default joy?

2017-02-24 00_58_13-Devices and Printers.png

Timezone
    GMT -8

I tried both devices. The virtual one and the 360 pad. Neither registered anything in XL.
    Everything should be properly conifigured, the buttons and sticks seem to work correctly on the joystick control panel, and on the UJP software.

- - - Updated - - -

HEY NEVERMIND! I'm dumb. I didn't notice that you could pick "keyboard" or "keyboard and joystick".
    Apparently the game wont detect the joystick if you don't enable it. Who knew?

Timezone
    GMT + 1

It's a DirectX 3 game

You're lucky actually, I just tried my Xbox One controller and guess what, as soon as I moved one of the thumbsticks it crashed right away

btw which patch have you been using for the slowdown ? (do not post the patch if it's a cracked version coz' admins would remove it, just post its MD5 or SHA1)

thanks!

Timezone
    GMT -8

Timezone
    GMT + 1

thanks