Page 9 of 64 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

Thread: Wipeout Omega Collection announced for PS4! - Release date 7th June 2017

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Quote Originally Posted by nu9get View Post
    dunno if i'm a bit picky but they added only 6 teams to this "artwork"; that's odd, is this original from devs\sony or is fan made?
    I think they have just taken the available craft from 2048, and not put in the other 5 craft from HD/FURY just to keep the graphics cleaner looking.
    There would be a lot of pissed off Icarus & Harimau pilots if those craft weren't made available.....the others .... well they never seemed to get seen much in online racing, maybe Triakis & Mirage in elimination....Assagai, very few used.

Timezone
    GMT + 9.5
    PSN ID
    keg11

I doubt that. This video should bust any myth that not all the teams are included. https://youtu.be/0w-zdzvCbI8?t=4m17s

But in saying that, the game's content is basically the maximum content for Wipeout 2048, which was designed for a handheld console with HD graphics. PS4s are meant to have more space compared to a PS3, so it seems logical that all the content from the game should be in the game and the remainder space be taken up by the 4K graphics (besides, removing content from a game that claims to have everything from the original games is a good way for people to be turned off).

We won't know until release if not a press release.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

The developers have already confirmed in interviews that all content from Fury and 2048 will be in the game

nu9get Guest

Quote Originally Posted by keg_11 View Post
    I doubt that. This video should bust any myth that not all the teams are included. https://youtu.be/0w-zdzvCbI8?t=4m17s
    it's me or from minute 5.28 to 5.36 we can hear the engine-thrust sound from 2048 instead of the hd\fury one? am i right? sounds like the turbo-popoff-engine sound from 2048, maybe they'll use this one for both games.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

https://www.playstation-plus-now.com/en/psnr1715798/
    i found this site, it offers almost 20% discount for 1 year ps+ subscription. when wipeout releases, i might get 1 of those 'suckers'

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Are you sure that isn't for Playstation NOW game streaming service? which is something quite different from a Playstation Plus subscription....see below.
    https://www.playstation.com/en-ca/ex...laystationnow/

It seems a bit murky on what exactly you are actually getting with that offer.....whatever it is, it's not available to me in Australia,so I'm unable to check, which is why I think it might be for the NOW streaming service which I know isn't available here [ I don't think Sony would bother making it available in OZ, as it would almost certainly flop here]

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

im pretty sure it's for PS+ and for prepaid PSN cards. they offer XBOXlive and PC games as well ...

PSN ID
    traksta1

Well this news caught me by surprise!. Good to see so many familiar names coming back to comment on it that I recognise from way back when We may yet meet on track again!

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

I might even resurrect my YT channel, could do with making some videos again

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

A video walkthrough of 2048 beckons Hellfire.
    I'll be glad when it's an official PS4 title, as it's a PITA trying to select anything in the menus using the PSTV hack and a PS4 controller..... I just spent around 5 hours calibrating my projector yesterday to ISF spec's, she's looking like new now, all ready for the Omega pack.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

That was always the intention originally, but it was next to impossible to record high quality footage from the Vita without an incredibly expensive video-out mod. Now it won't be a problem

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    CJ4717

Can't wait for more videos from ya once this thing gets released. I miss the old WipEout Lore/track discussion videos. Also I was wondering, has it been confirmed/hinted to be working with PSVR? It'd be pretty stupid of them to release it without any VR support.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Plenty of mentions [In hope of ] by forum members, but no mention of VR support by Sony .....I would be very surprised if it happened.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Lightbuster88

There isn't going to be any VR support.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-its-ps4-debut

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I'm glad there will be a Disc version made available, I just hope Sony decides to sell in in all regions, which it has a habit of not doing.
    People walking past the gaming section of a store and seeing it in the shops, might reawaken the gamer of yesteryear who might have only played the PSone Wipeouts

PSN ID
    Revolucion070

The release date has been announced: it's 31st of July.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Where did you see this?

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/ga...ollection-ps4/

I suggest editing this thread’s title with the date.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    theconzio

Well, I now know when to buy a PS4

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Well that was snuck in quietly. I'll update the thread title, but I'm willing to bet it's a provisional date seeing as there were no media announcements on it.