Page 8 of 64 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Thread: Wipeout Omega Collection announced for PS4! - Release date 7th June 2017

PSN ID
    Pluslescute

I'm optimistic that this could mean more Wipeout games in the future, although that concept also makes me nervous, since there's no guarantee that they'll handle the IP with the care fans would want. I'll probably buy the collection to just get a better running version of Wipeout 2048 (so I can finally beat those damn post-campaign challenges), although depending on the price, I may wait awhile.

Now if it has any new content (or like, stuff brought in from older games), then I'm sold, but I'm doubting that will be the case.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

I don't know whether it still a thing, but right after release of the PS4, the DS4 has been criticized because of its low durability, which applied especially for the analog sticks. Do you guys think that the DS4 can withstand the constant stress because of the barrel rolls?
    From my personal experience i can tell that the left analog stick of two of my DS3 controller arent working correctly anymore or are even completely broken. And since the DS4 isnt that cheap to purchase, it might become an expensive adventure .

Timezone
    GMT -6

When in doubt, you can get a modded controller for increased comfort and durability. If it began as a 1st-party controller, then it will still register as such on the PS4. You could even get the thumbsticks replaced and/or recalibrated, and get the controller skinned in honor of your favorite AG team.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Are you talking about the SCUF Controller? At least they are the only one i've heard of...

nu9get Guest

lol scufs are so expensive...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

Quote Originally Posted by xI-eI2aiiZZa-Ix View Post
    ...Do you guys think that the DS4 can withstand the constant stress because of the barrel rolls?...
    i would say the sticks of the DS4 are superior compared to the DS3 sticks, but i cannot say anything about durability. i rarely maltreat the sticks like you obviously have to, when doing crazy BR-stuff (that's what d-pad is for!)

edit: WizardPlay is the only guy i know of, who's able to perform exceptionally well whilst switching between steering with stick and doing BR-stuff with d-pad!!!!!
    Last edited by JFthebestJan; 12th January 2017 at 05:21 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 3
    PSN ID
    MDAym777

Well, the only reason anyone would have to barrel roll with the analog stick is because the Vita's D-Pad is tiny. Right? The DS3 is much more comfortable than holding a 5 inch gaming handheld.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Maybe a Razor Raiju or Nacon Revolution might be worth checking out.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-XDjSRFzpY

I like the idea of the Razor's D-Pad, as it's not one button, it's 4 separate buttons in the D-Pad configuration, I'm not sure, but somehow I think this sort of configuration might help getting those BR's that don't always work using the normal D-Pad.
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 12th January 2017 at 11:28 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -6

*Aileron Rolls (they're not Barrel Rolls, not even close. Barrel Rolls look more like cork screws because they also involve pitch input)

On the subject of Aileron Rolls and Thumbsticks though, I find it easier to do rolls (via thumbstick) by turning the thumbstick in rapid circles, rather than side-to-side. I also can switch between D-Pad and Thumbstick pretty seamlessly, a required skill when playing Pure and Pulse on the PSP.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DividedXZero

It's been so long since I've been here; I'm surprised I still remembered my password!

I'm curious to see more of this over the next 6 months, and now I have a reason to invest in a PS4.

I've been looking into other ant-grav racers, but they just don't look or feel the same.

Timezone
    GMT -6

Try BallisticNG. BigSnake just figured out how to import 2048's ships!

PSN ID
    Pluslescute

I've used my PS4 controller for the PS3 version, and haven't had any problems with durability with it so far. And I bought my controller used with a part of the left thumbstick already missing. Hasn't become any worse with my use over the past couple years.

Release Date?
    (NZ)

You’d know if there was one. For now it’s 2017.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Quote Originally Posted by NeroIcaras View Post
    Release Date?
    (NZ)
    I suspect June 2017, as historically you get RETRO game releases at this time....and this would be a Retro release in truth.
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 20th January 2017 at 11:46 AM.

I take back what I said, we actually do have an official release period, which is Summer 2017.

And some "artwork" I hadn’t yet seen:

nu9get Guest

dunno if i'm a bit picky but they added only 6 teams to this "artwork"; that's odd, is this original from devs\sony or is fan made?

It’s from Clever Beans’ official website, so it’s to be regarded as official.

As for the teams displayed, I wouldn’t mind that too much, it’s just illustrative.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    texasalex

Looking forward to racing you guys again

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    MetaKraken (formerly MechaKraken)

Looks like we'll be witnessing the rebirth of the Wipeout saga. Now all we need is a whole new WipEout game with storyline, characters like in Fusion and the first Wipeout game, including returning and new tracks and events alike.

EDIT: And hopefully the return of the infamous Tigron and Van-Uber, hopefully?