Page 7 of 64 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Thread: Wipeout Omega Collection announced for PS4! - Release date 7th June 2017

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

DRS(airbrake glitch) + anulpha zone glitch won't work anymore, cause they've obviously started development with v2.51 of the game...
    BSB will work most likely as well as all the shortcuts...

BUT the real reason to get this collection, is 2048 in 1080p/60fps!!!!!
    im hyped for this alone no turbo in SL means no BSB/shortcuts stuff...

i really hope they make a much harder trophy list this time
    (Beat JF: in Speed Lap equal or beat 26.50 on Anulpha Pass fwd / Venom Class with Triakis!)
    Last edited by JFthebestJan; 23rd December 2016 at 06:08 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

But yeah, considering the 2.51 physics, i'd be more than reasonable to add an extra speedclass above phantom, which was rather boring after the patch.
    In general, i second what amplificated has said:
    The best solution would be to keep the original physics but still get rid of that airbrake glitch.
    According to ganeplay vids, 2048 looks kinda weird but i hope that it will provide its full potential when played on a TV with a real controller...

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

2048 is sort of another Orphan [Fusion] among the Wipeout series.

It never got any real positive vibe happening about it when people started playing it, could have been several reasons for that.
    Firstly that it was a new full console Wipeout that everybody had been waiting & hoping for, secondly the problems with online race selection, and of course the lack of Racebox, which left replay sadly wanting.

I've been playing it on a big screen via a PSTV, but even then, without the online competition HD/FURY offered, it's not the same..... plus there is a LOT happening visually all at the same time with 2048, it's almost like in a simple race you have found yourself flung into a hectic Eliminator race ..... I'm not a fan of that sort of visual presentation with effects going off everywhere, the VITA only just managed it, and the PSTV struggles with it as well, as you can see a bit visual tearing from time to time......hopefully the more powerful PS4 will fix this problem up.

If they leave 2048 as it is, as a direct VITA port with the same online selection process, I can't honestly see myself putting many hours into playing online, it would be a more frustrating than pleasurable gaming experience for me

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

Quote Originally Posted by JFthebestJan View Post
    i really hope they make a much harder trophy list this time
    (Beat JF: in Speed Lap equal or beat 26.50 on Anulpha Pass fwd / Venom Class with Triakis!)
    Zico was a sissy, you on the other hand. Are not. This trophy may be the Achilles heel acid test of a pilot, lol.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

I think 30.80 will be already hard enough for people to beat on postpatch. It requires a deeper understanding of how brs work

Timezone
    GMT -6

What's this DRS that JF spoke of?

Timezone
    GMT + 1

It's an euphemism for a glitch which gives one a significantly increased speed. It has been patched by the update 2.51, which simultaneously has changed the handling physics resulting in a loss of cornering speed.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

Quote Originally Posted by JFthebestJan View Post
    BUT the real reason to get this collection, is 2048 in 1080p/60fps!!!!!
    im hyped for this alone no turbo in SL means no BSB/shortcuts stuff...
    I just find it strange they removed turbos from SLs and TTs at the same time as adding in "skillcuts" - obvious, legitimate portions of the track which allow you to go faster - yet many are only accessible when using turbos, especially on the slower speeds.

Honestly, I'd like to practice the fastest possible route in SLs...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

2048 has no TT mode, just SL. There's some TT events in the campaign, but you cannot choose speedclass or anything...

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    theconzio

wipeout_omega_test.jpg

Found this on an article. Seems that they are testing the waters and seeing if the Omega Collection will have a solid player base. If it does, we might be seeing a new Wipeout

http://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/rev...ection-review/

PSN ID
    LJtheZombie/RichardDastardIy

Only just heard about this - I'm PUMPED. I've been gone for far too long.

Quote Originally Posted by TheConzio View Post
    wipeout_omega_test.jpg

Found this on an article. Seems that they are testing the waters and seeing if the Omega Collection will have a solid player base. If it does, we might be seeing a new Wipeout

http://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/rev...ection-review/
    Yeah, well... Right at the bottom of the page, you’ve got a link to the Crash Bandicoot remastering. Just to remind you how symptomatic it is nowadays, especially with Sony, of big studios not even bothering with their most important IPs.

Crash Bandicoot fans have waited years and years and are now rewarded with nothing new. Same goes for us right now. I’ll stay only cautiously optimistic for the next few years, don’t wanna get my hopes too high.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DarkRacer95

Correct me if I'm wrong, but did the DigitalSpy article say that the devs estimate over 60 courses? Wipeout HD/Fury only has 28 courses (if you count reverse courses), and 2048 has 10. That's only 38 courses total. Could they be adding the other courses from Pulse and Pure? If so, I can't wait for the Alpha, Beta, Delta, and Gamma courses from Pure and the others from Pulse. Total, that would be 74 courses in the game!

That contradicts what was previously, officially said: 26 tracks. Sounds like a mistake to me, but who knows, maybe they count the mirror tracks and reverse mirror tracks?
    Last edited by AdHoc; 3rd January 2017 at 06:00 AM.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Once more information for the Omega Collection starts making its way into the wild, I'll set up a new forum for the game. Until then please keep all discussion on it in this topic

PSN ID
    Edwardsteve

I had somehow sometimes wondered will there be a wipeout 2048 remastering game releasing on other platform...
    My goodness,this is far beyond my expectations ...hype

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Carcide_027

Its been a while since they've made a new Wipeout game! I got a Ps4 pro,so I cant wait until 2017 Summer.

HD,Fury,and 2048.Suprisingly I have them all on my vita,but the hype is killing me now. Also,would they ever bring back Van-Uber and probably Tigron?There's already some Billboards with them on it,and it would be a (relatively) new experience for most of us and a cool easter egg.Most likely,it wont happen because of limited time,and they probably don't want to delay it.

Timezone
    GMT -6

I kind of wish that Hellfire's videos would get put up on PSN, or that a link to them would be included in the menu.

One of the main reasons that WipEout only has niche status is that it isn't very accessible and can be difficult to learn. But if more people had access to Hellfire's videos, then it might get or keep people interested. Thereby, increasing the number of invested customers.

Timezone
    GMT + 3
    PSN ID
    TheWipeouter

Hello there,

Do you guys know if WO Omega's developers are taking game suggestions? There's still time till the game comes out. Is there a chance we "wipeouters" can contribute cash to Clever Bean Studio?

Hellfire_WZ, What are your thoughts on the above?

nu9get Guest

imho, nope...it's a close game, not a kickstarter campaign