Page 60 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1050565758596061626364 LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 1274

Thread: Wipeout Omega Collection announced for PS4! - Release date 7th June 2017

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

Quote Originally Posted by Justice & Curtains View Post
    ...it runs absolutely fine on HD/FURY, never dropped below 60 fps...
    i had a few minor framedrops in HD/Fury and 2048 as well, playing on a white PS4, but not as bad as it was on PS3. there're some visual adjustments on HD/Fury which let me think CB remastered the Vita version of HD/Fury, hmmm?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

I played almost all of the day. It's kinda nothing new, but regardless an amazing game! Reviews look all so well, new people join, old ones return and we just have fun that there is at least a minor lifesign from our franchise.
    Also had some laps with Snake today, jeez he's fast, or I am slow xD

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Lightbuster88

Quote Originally Posted by NotEnoughRed View Post
    We couldn't deeply inegrate the playlists as it was on the PS3 - but you can play custom sound tracks from Spotify or via USB stick. This is as far as we could go with the platform.
    Just a quick question, if Sony were to update their OS on the PS4 and allowed MP3s to be saved on the system as well as bring back custom playlists, will it still be possible for you to integrate custom soundtrack for Omega Collection?
    Last edited by Light Buster; 8th June 2017 at 03:18 AM.

If Sony were to make such a big move, it would almost be more of a message/statement/agenda to get PS4 titles to benefit from it. Clever Beans would just have to reintroduce that function from HD/Fury with a patch.

But there’s not a chance this will happen, so even just considering it is false hope.
    Last edited by AdHoc; 8th June 2017 at 08:25 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -5

So does this game have the option to resume long music files from where they stopped on the previous race? PS3 version had this, it's great for listening to long DJ mixes alongside gameplay.

Can't test this myself as I don't have a PS4, but I'll be picking one up soon to play this.

Timezone
    GMT + 3
    PSN ID
    chalovak

@Pico de Goroh, no, this option was removed.
    But you know, the music flow feels a little bit different here, it's hard to explain, it's like it never stops (there is a crossfade between the tracks), even during loading screen, so you don't think about resuming anything (although I used this option on PS3 cause races felt fast and short and tracks were too long to enjoy them in their entirety). Maybe because the music tracks are shorter this time, IDK.

Timezone
    GMT -5

I was mainly talking about music off USB (or hard drive when I played on PS3). I would listen to 3+ hour long DJ mixes in the game, so this feature was super useful for those.

Chris, any chance we'll see this added back to Omega? Given the deep roots this game has with DJ culture, I feel this should definitely be included.

Timezone
    GMT + 3
    PSN ID
    chalovak

When you play your music from USB or Spotify on PS4 it won't be influenced by WipEout at all, cause there are no custom soundtracks this time around. So your music will keep playing in the background disregarding of what's happening in the game.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

Although I'm absolutely sure you've all already done so, please spread the word about this game, and encourage total strangers to buy it. If you guys *ever* want another Wipeout, actions speak louder than words and this is your opportunity to have a say in the fate of this awesome & iconic game franchise... No matter who the developer is that gets to do "the next game" - it'll never happen if this one isn't a commercial and critical success.
    One step ahead of you, mate! My friend knows about the game and he's gonna be buying it quite soon!

Thanks for being awesome, have fun with the game!
    Oh, no no no, thank you for breathing new life into the series we all love!

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Berry View Post
    Just been playing for a couple of hours and wanted to say congratulations for a job well done to all the guys at Clever Beans, Epos and ExDev

At first, it was quite an odd feeling, playing a game that I designed but didnt develop - if that makes sense. But oddness soon gave way to joy, you guys have done a truly fantastic job.

It looks beautiful, and it feels wonderful, there are pretenders to the crown but nothing quite comes close to WipEout (I'm bias, but I dont care).

I hope all involved are having a well earned drink tonight.
    Thanks for this Colin, it means a tremendous amount as we've always had the reputation of all the previous Wipeout devs on our shoulders! It's been a lot of pressure

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Yep, I really need to echo the sentiments here. Being able to play 2048 on the big screen is one thing, but having it look so damn good in the process is another thing altogether. You've all done an amazing job and should be really proud of yourselves

PSN ID
    bigsnake009

I've just had a full day of playing the game splitscreen with a friend and man, playing splitscreen at 60fps is really quite the thing. We were comparing 2048 to the original on the Vita as well and the amount of color that has been jam packed into it is incredible, really outstanding work! On the visual end too I love the updated WOHD track textures, the use of parallax mapping is insane, the fury track surfaces legit look completely 3D!

PSN ID
    JamboGT

Congrats to everyone involved with the remaster, astounding work, spent about 12 hours yesterday playing after taking the day off for it!

So good, 2048 is a revelation on the big screen and HD was amazing as well.

So happy with it.

PSN ID
    Beuzer0

Oh boy i should be able to get the game tomorrow, i can't wait.

The Van-Uber ship is available only for people who pre-ordered online? Or it is a redeemable code inside each physical copy as well?

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

Both, pre-order is only for Europe, and the code is only for US.

PSN ID
    Renegade_Fire_

Hi everyone, i made a bit of a series of videos going through the entire series (yes, even wipeout 2D) leading up to the release of Omega Collection, check it out if you're feeling nostalgic. I'm not a pro, at racing or making videos, but i love these games and wanted to give it a go, so give them a look if you like. (The last video is me just gushing over this release! haha!)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsK...v5dZcRg/videos

also, if anyone wants the 4 static theme's here is a spare code: DD5T-EHNH-TQ82

whoever is the fastest, well done!

PSN ID
    FunkyMunkyy

Oh wow, thanks for the themes!!! They look awesome. Will check out your vids when i get home.

Also yup, amazing job on the game. Played all day yesterday with a huge smile on my face

PSN ID
    Silverstream001

Thoroughly enjoying playing Omega Collection so far. As someone who only spent a few hours HD & Fury and never played 2048 at all, it's like having three new games. Blown away by the visuals and I like most of the soundtrack too, although it's not in the same league as Pulse's track list for me. The whole game so far is excellent, and I haven't even tried online yet!

Just a small point, though: either I'm missing something obvious, or I haven't received the four static themes. I assumed there would be a code in the box, but no joy. I did consider installing the physical release on my PS4 just to see if that activated the themes, but it would have removed the download version (and thus the Van-Uber ship) so that ain't happening.

I must thank everyone involved in this fantastic version of WipEout! What a excellent job you've done!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mooney View Post
    for those interested. more to come, along with some other cool stuff

https://twitter.com/moons_artwork/st...51092273123328
    Oh god yes!!!

PSN ID
    Renegade_Fire_

Quote Originally Posted by Silverstream View Post
    Just a small point, though: either I'm missing something obvious, or I haven't received the four static themes. I assumed there would be a code in the box, but no joy. I did consider installing the physical release on my PS4 just to see if that activated the themes, but it would have removed the download version (and thus the Van-Uber ship) so that ain't happening.
    What i know for sure: If you ordered with amazon, they will e-mail you it. ShopTo: log onto the site and you reclaim the code there. Nothing comes in the box itself.