Page 6 of 64 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Thread: Wipeout Omega Collection announced for PS4! - Release date 7th June 2017

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

Quote Originally Posted by leungbok View Post
    haven't thought about that, but great idea !
    nah, skip A+ class and make it at least ZEN class, or even better would be MACH class! that's where the real speed is

edit: don't forget to open up 'Zone Battle' a bit, max goal 75 would be great...
    Last edited by JFthebestJan; 14th December 2016 at 03:02 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -5

Interesting. They've only shown the UI from HD in the demo people are making videos about, even with the 2048 ships. While I don't know if 2048 also allowed the use of HD's UI, it makes me wonder if they'll bring in alternative UIs from all over the series like they kinda did with 2097 and wip3out in HD.

Timezone
    GMT + 3
    PSN ID
    chalovak

We forgot to mention another feature that goes with this new collection.
    Not a pleasant one to be honest. Now we have to pay for the multiplayer.
    Hope this won't affect PS3 servers, which - I believe - are still alive.

nu9get Guest

Quote Originally Posted by shoryusatsu999 View Post
    Interesting. They've only shown the UI from HD in the demo people are making videos about, even with the 2048 ships. While I don't know if 2048 also allowed the use of HD's UI, it makes me wonder if they'll bring in alternative UIs from all over the series like they kinda did with 2097 and wip3out in HD.
    where did you see the video with 2048 ships? it doesnt exists...

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    CJ4717

Quote Originally Posted by mannjon View Post
    Well said Snake. You can expect mannjon to be there (and practiced up) for the ride.

Hey hey Scar!I hope the records don't get screwed up this go round. A legit records list would be ace. Going to have to break all those records again.
    Mannjon! It's been way too long since I last saw ya mate. Since I don't have a Vita, I never got to play 2048. Can't wait to meet y'all on there.

Quote Originally Posted by chalovak View Post
    We forgot to mention another feature that goes with this new collection.
    Not a pleasant one to be honest. Now we have to pay for the multiplayer.
    Yeah this is true. Ain't got a PS4 either since I moved to PC after it got released. I couldn't justify paying for a service I'm already paying for in the first place. I don't really care about the extra perks you get when you have PS+ anyway. Bummer, but if it means I'll get to play 2048 online I'll have to signup for at least a few months!
    Last edited by AGSys; 17th December 2016 at 05:40 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -6

Quote Originally Posted by JABBERJAW View Post
    HD handling on 2048 would make it the easiest wipeout game of all time, it would be terrible. 2048 has slide physics that I'm sure will be much better on a big screen, especially at 60 fps. I hope they keep the games separate
    Technically, the game's physics model is integrated directly into the ship's stats. Right down to the bug where the Triakis didn't lose any speed while turning in WipE'out'' Pure.

Quote Originally Posted by shoryusatsu999 View Post
    The HD-style menus were using 2048 UI colors, so that's something.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Quote Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
    And yes, agreed with JF, making crossplay with vita & PS3 would be absolutely amazing, one can hope
    just hope for a real remaster, new modes, rankings, online and fps enhancements. Crossplay with less powerfull devices would makes it more difficult to obtain imho

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    tug_14

Leungbok ... PRESIDENT !!
    Leungbok PRESIDENT

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Oh God, Will we have to deal with "Who Found" "which" "BR" position at any track. sort of thing AGAIN

Last time I contacted Piraphic he said he had deleted HD from his PS3.

God help us if he decides to take on the OMEGA pack with a vengeance.....I some how doubt it though.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

@ blackwiggle: it'll still be the same games, just more pretty. so all the BRs and stuff is already well known! all the shortcuts will be in there as well. just the anulpha zone glitch won't work anymore, which is a good thing. another good thing about PS4 is, it's impossible to play on an old version. you always get the newest version of a game and cannot revert back to prior versions like it used to be on PS3 / vita...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    Oh God, Will we have to deal with "Who Found" "which" "BR" position at any track. sort of thing AGAIN
    Not from me at least !!
    I'll probably buy the omega collection (except if the content is too much disappointing), but i'll not be as much active on forums as i did before. i'll play casually just to get some adrenalin with "anti-grav. sensations".

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    tug_14

Last time I contacted Piraphic he said he had deleted HD from his PS3.

God help us if he decides to take on the OMEGA pack with a vengeance.....I some how doubt it though.
    PirahpAAAAAc ... mazette !

And don't care about who have found what .... Master "Gandalf" Leungbok and "Captain Hook" Pirahpac will find some new things ... For sure ! they 've found almost br and shortcut on phantom class ( Phantom , the speed to be...
    ( trying french "calembourt" in english )) on WOHD PS3.

J'ai hâte - French thought ^^

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

I'm hoping that the leaderboards will be completely fixed with the remaster, since our rankings are tied to our accounts I'm hoping that Sony / the dev team aren't lazy and port the PS3 leaderboards over as well and keep the old standings. I would like to know the definitive positions of my Zone runs without some guy who did 12 zones holding 1st place

Also while one can only dream, imagine if they merge 2048 with HD so you could use 2048 ships in the HD tracks and HD ships on the 2048 tracks, that would be mint xD

Timezone
    GMT -6

FX400 and FX350 vehicles would be overpowered on AGRC circuits, especially since the physics are tied directly into the ship's HandlingStats.XML

The AGRC ships would be interesting to use in WipEout HD though, because they are a lot physically smaller. Going the other way around would require the FX350 ships to get magically shrunken.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Quote Originally Posted by Snakenator1 View Post
    I'm hoping that the leaderboards will be completely fixed with the remaster, since our rankings are tied to our accounts I'm hoping that Sony / the dev team aren't lazy and port the PS3 leaderboards over as well and keep the old standings
    I try to imagine devs point of view. A wipeout on PS4 (even a remaster) have the potential to attract new players on the franchise (which is a very good thing imo). It could be totally disturbing for a newcomer to check rankings and to see his record (good or bad) miles away from the top scores of guys with already hundred hours of try hard.

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

Well I suppose it depends on the type of person that newcomer is, some may see it as a challenge that they're willing to undertake (practice hard to become one of the best) or as you say may be totally put off it. That is something that we can't predict as everybody is different, but I firmly believe having a new leaderboard system to fix the problems with the old one is good practice for those who want to achieve the fastest race time/ highest zone scores.

Me personally I'm only in it for the Zone records, to which I need to start practicing again to make sure I can still get those 135 zone runs consistently.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

How many of those Speed Lap or Time Trial records used the BR boost start that was available for a short time before SL removed it?

I agree with Leungboks point about new players, so I think Sony will start from scratch with new records......but if they do, it would seem rather pointless running two servers for what would basically be the same games, so I could see the decision being made to shut down the PS3 one.
    Plus you have the fact that the music no longer works, and that the voice chat never worked [who know's they might get it working on the new version ]

Maybe those who previously had trouble using the PS3 controllers dome knobbed sticks to do BR's, might have better luck with the concaved top sticks of the PS4 controllers, and as such find their times have greatly improved over their best PS3 times.
    Remember that somebody that was about 7 or 8 when HD was released, and obviously not the greatest at the game at that time, would now be about 14 or 15 and have the dexterity to play HD well.......a whole new generation that the current record holders have never seen on the track before.
    Could be quite interesting if it gets a big influx of new pilots......this place will be humming again that's for sure.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    tug_14

How many of those Speed Lap or Time Trial records used the BR boost start that was available for a short time before SL removed it?
    BSB is still alive ...
    And It's only avalaible on speed lap mode

I've never use BSB ( almost ^^ ) coz i don't think it 's a legit way to play the game .. It's my feeling and my choice .
    I 've never seen ingame leaderboard or ranking working without any pb ... Always cheater , glitch , exploit or server issues , etc ....

we'll see ^^

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

Quote Originally Posted by tug_14 View Post
    ...BSB is still alive...
    exactly, and it's more powerful now, then ever before

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Quote Originally Posted by JFthebestJan View Post
    exactly, and it's more powerful now, then ever before
    Buuuuh!
    But indeed, it could be interesting to see, how they are going to deal with the glitches and whether they to change some of the invisible borders. They always to be put there randomly.
    If i purchase that collection, i'll probably focus on the games included, because until now HD has been my only wipeout experience. Well, maybe i hop more often in the HD multiplayer but i won't spend as much time as i did in the SLs before.