Page 52 of 64 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1274

Thread: Wipeout Omega Collection announced for PS4! - Release date 7th June 2017

PSN ID
    Justice_Curtains

It seems that only tigron has a new voice, the others have one of the 2048 voices

PSN ID
    Kazzy-Mac

It's preloading on my PS4 now. Woo! (Turned it on to update system software and stuff)

@ Hellfire -- woot! Thanks for letting me know. Great idea to make it an option; these devs are clever beans, eh? (*Bricked for the pun*)

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Carcide_027

Quote Originally Posted by Justice & Curtains View Post
    It seems that only tigron has a new voice, the others have one of the 2048 voices
    Thanks for the quote. Now a couple days to wonder about Van-Uber...

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    SpaceFolding

Does anyone know if Zone mode runs at full framebuffer resolution now? Back on PS3, Zone tracks ran at a much lower resolution and looks extremely jagged, even in photo mode.

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

This has been bugging me since the soundtrack stream: What's the music used in the menu? I've got it in my head near-constantly!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

It’s „DFCK“ by „Code:Manta“

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MrOrbital

My steelbook has apparently been shipped now but not my standard case with sleeve. It is still on pre-order. I would have thought it would be the other way around but okay I guess. Also can not wait. Will be up on midnight to start playing. ☺

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

Quote Originally Posted by Sausehuhn View Post
    It’s „DFCK“ by „Code:Manta“
    Damn! Can't find that anywhere. I'm likeing Code:Manta though, mmmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonanon View Post
    Does anyone know if Zone mode runs at full framebuffer resolution now? Back on PS3, Zone tracks ran at a much lower resolution and looks extremely jagged, even in photo mode.
    Yes, full

- - - Updated - - -

Morning guys, lots of questions over night / weekend:

Remote Play: Yep, it's supported (you can play on your Vita) - you may have to do a bit of remapping for the controls to get it exactly how you like, but it works as it's a technical requirement to do so. We purposely picked a controller keymap that had the most remapping options available to the player.

Remote Play Split Screen: good idea it displaying the two screens separately on the vita / ps4 - could be done, but isn't implemented like that on this PS4 version. (You can still play split screen though)

Share Play: It's possible to "hand" your second joy-pad to a remote player (who doesn't have the game) and play against them for an hour. (Please do this and spread the awesomeness of Wipeout! thanks) (both users will require PS+)

Vita Legacy Controls: You can completely remap the controls to mimic the Vita method of play - we didn't implement "custom maps" for the joypads as we felt players would prefer to be able to customise every button.

Motion Control: Yep, Implemented on all games (2048 too)

Airbrakes: A subtle, but key difference is we made the buttons of the airbrakes analogue reactive, so you can de-press the L2 and R2 buttons by 10% and the airbrakes will respond to 10% "openness" - this wasn't possible on the Vita game. We felt it improved the feel of the Vita ships so kept it.

Music Skip: Touch pad button press.. (Was a fan request)

Pure Mode: Again, another fan request

Sol: Being A and A+ only because of the jump.. Basically, the AI would fail to make the jump in any class below that. Which broke the races.

Resolution: The game runs at true 4k when you select "motion blur off" on the PS4 Pro - it is not dynamic, it doesn't switch resolution, the PS4 is not resolution switching at any point. If you can, a 4K TV with HDR is the best way to play WO:OC, but the standard PS4 on a 1080p is like-for-like from a feature point of view. BOOST mode on PS4 pro will not do anything in WO:OC as the game was made for a PS4 Pro (Boost Mode only alters old games)

Cross-Play: The PS4 architecture / and back end server side's have been completely re-written / updated - So no, cross play with Vita / PS3 is never going to happen.

Spectator Mode: We removed the spectator mode in the PS3 version of the game, as it is now supported via the PS4 system, you can "request to watch" another players game-play. And as it's transmitting video, (and not game data) it has no latency.

hmm.. I'll update this as I go... hope everyones excited about the release!

PSN ID
    Renegade_Fire_

Custom controls is awesome, i know a lot of people were kicking off about the controls in 2048 when it came out, so that should please them!

And the skip music track thing is a great idea, can't wait to give the game a go. SOON!!!

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

Quote Originally Posted by mdhay View Post
    Damn! Can't find that anywhere. I'm likeing Code:Manta though, mmmmm.
    https://open.spotify.com/user/playst...9k5aJy82BZBocy

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

Welp, that's me with Spotify now! Thought I'd avoid it for much longer

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    greenymac

Is it Tuesday yet? I haven't played any Wipeout since 2014 when I sold my PS3, so I'm gonna need some brushing up. Had 2048 on vita but the small screen and the controls killed me on it. Ready to fly high again, boys! (And girls)

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

It's gonna be another 24 hours for the download version as of now, unfortunately.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

Quote Originally Posted by NotEnoughRed View Post
    ...Sol: Being A and A+ only because of the jump.. Basically, the AI would fail to make the jump in any class below that. Which broke the races. ...
    i hope this is for single race only, online and Speed Lap and Time Trial should work with the lower speed classes, no?

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

Sadly its also locked for SL and TT+online but i was thinking that ai was the issue yesterday

when i played single race on A, two of the ai couldnt make the gap for 2 minutes straight... so imagine this in lower classes, the ai wouldnt make it at all

but it shouldnt be locked to SL, TT or MP at all... if you play zone, by the time you reach the gap in sol you will be at C or B Class and you can do it fine

Can also make the gap easier as well if its possible for you guys

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NotEnoughRed View Post
    Music Skip: Touch pad button press.. (Was a fan request)
    thank you very much for this too, i love listening to swedish house mafia at higher zones, makes it easier to control the ship

Timezone
    GMT + 3
    PSN ID
    chalovak

"After several fatal accidents with low speed classes crafts on the SOL track, AGR committee has decided to allow access to the track for A and A+ Classes only. Any violation of this rule will be met with severe consequences: if not death than life-long expulsion from AGR league. Thank you for your understanding." )))

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    OveReAction

It's been a long while since I last came here, now that Omega almost here.

Anyway, any chance there'll also have announcer voices from DS4 speakers? Resogun had it, so why not? It'll be rad!

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

I wonder if the leech beam will work properly now as well when playing online. Leeching someone to death is always funny

Timezone
    GMT + 3
    PSN ID
    chalovak

Quote Originally Posted by OveReAction View Post
    Anyway, any chance there'll also have announcer voices from DS4 speakers? Resogun had it, so why not? It'll be rad!
    Wow! Awesome idea. I'd like that!