Page 5 of 64 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: Wipeout Omega Collection announced for PS4! - Release date 7th June 2017

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

There is online crossplay between PS3 and PS4 on some titles - Guilty Gear Xrd for example. I don't see why it shouldn't be possible here. The two platforms don't need to have the same or similar architecture, the game just needs to have the same server structure on both consoles and the framerate would need to be the same. Seeing as WipEout HD was already 1080p/60fps on PS3, I don't see a problem here. Still; I wouldn't count on them implementing it, probably not worth it for them

PSN ID
    Hybrid_Divide

I know the latest Guilty Gear fighting games have cross play between PS3 and PS4. But with WO Omega Collection being enhanced for PS4, it might not be possible.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

Quote Originally Posted by JFthebestJan View Post
    would be a cool thing to integrate PS4 / PS3 / vita crossplay as well ...
    Vita players would get smashed if crossplay were implemented IMO. Worse physical controls; further limited control schemes (any motion controls are tied to the screen, resulting in more physical effort required, less comfort - and some 2048 ships require motion controls, if they were to continue using 2048's handling model for whatever ungodly reason); 30fps; and a lower resolution would make position perfect manoeuvers more difficult.

HD handling on 2048 would make it the easiest wipeout game of all time, it would be terrible. 2048 has slide physics that I'm sure will be much better on a big screen, especially at 60 fps. I hope they keep the games separate

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

i played 2048 alot on vita and on pstv as well, set some WRs...so im pretty confident when saying, both games handling is VERY similar.

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    CJ4717

Okay, so finally a reason to buy a PS4 in the 3+ years it's been out. This is actually great news tbh. Don't be disappointed just yet that it's only a remaster. My theory is that they're testing the waters to see if there really is a big enough following for the game. If this proves to be a success with the fans of the game and the general gaming public, they may actually make a new WipEout game in the future. Hopefully this does well enough to show them that, yes, we really want a new WipEout game.

PSN ID
    UB3R-BR3NDAGE

Quote Originally Posted by JABBERJAW View Post
    HD handling on 2048 would make it the easiest wipeout game of all time, it would be terrible. 2048 has slide physics that I'm sure will be much better on a big screen, especially at 60 fps. I hope they keep the games separate
    This is what I was thinking too, although 2048 was a bit of a mess on Vita (IMO), getting that 60fps bump and a much larger resolution should make it a better playing experience overall.

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    Tomeru

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    It's been a long time since SL was made no more.

I don't have the mind of a coder, or a game designer, or of a graphic artist for hire.....I don't know what it feels like being hired on 'A Job' bases, so I can't feel what ex Studio Liverpool people are feeling when they read that these new 'Blow - in's' - [no disrespect meant] of gaming studios, get to mess with 20 years of their 'Pride & Joy' with access to the SL archive.

For all I know, it could be like water off a ducks back for a lot of them, and they see it as just part of the business.

I somehow doubt it though.....there is a LOT of LOVE just been handed to these guys.....sort of like watching the Love of your Life suddenly screwing somebody else......your not going to like it.
    I dont know man, I think they are professional enough to understand what ip rights are. Hell, this could even give their new studio publicity. Anyway, I know I'm stoked to race you and the other vets of this place.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Lightbuster88

Quote Originally Posted by AGSys View Post
    My theory is that they're testing the waters to see if there really is a big enough following for the game. If this proves to be a success with the fans of the game and the general gaming public, they may actually make a new WipEout game in the future. Hopefully this does well enough to show them that, yes, we really want a new WipEout game.
    I agree, this could be our only opportunity that Sony is going to give us. I say we take that time when the collection is released to show the Sony community and Sony themselves that we would love to have a new Wipeout game to push the series forward and stay for the next generation of gaming.

I AM NOW SOLD
    TAKE MY CREDIT CARD ALREADY
    DAMN YOU

now everyone say it with me

ICARASPS4 ICARASPS4 ICARASPS4 HARIMAUPS4 HARIMAUPS4 HARIMAUPS4 GOTEKI45PS4 GOTEKI45PS4 GOTEKI45PS4

Yeah, I wish we could preorder the physical version already.

NEED

I’m hoping that between now and the release, they will create new, unannounced content. We can only dream.

PSN ID
    scarfrogers

Scar approves

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Another look from the Playstation Access team

https://youtu.be/b9zf16mMF0M

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Yurinka

Cool

Guys, I think Omega is not limited to the content from HD, Fury or 2048. It would include additional tracks and ships that aren't from these games:

The PS Blog mentions that Omega Collection features "more than 26 tracks", but 2048 has 10 tracks and HD+Fury has 8 tracks. This means that Omega Collection has "more than 8" tracks not included in HD/Fury/2048. Are they bringing back Pure or Pulse tracks, maybe?

If I don't mistake, 2048 has 20 ships and HD/Fury had 12 ships. But according to the PS blog Omega Colleciton has 46 ships instead of 32. Where these other 14 ships come from? Are the ones from Pure unlockables and DLC that weren't included in HD/Fury, maybe?
    Last edited by Yurinka; 13th December 2016 at 06:51 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MrOrbital

HD Fury has 16 tracks. 8 from HD and 4 from Fury plus 4 zone tracks. 2048 has 10 which gives a total of 26 tracks.

HD has 12 ships. Fury has 12 ships plus 1 detonator plus 1 zone ship. That is a total of 26 ships for HD Fury. 2048 has 20 ships. Totally 46 ships. That is what I think they mean.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

Quote Originally Posted by Snakenator1 View Post
    2048 on the big screen?! YES!

Looking forward to Phantom class and staring at the lovely ships in 4K, oh the hype is real ^^
    Well said Snake. You can expect mannjon to be there (and practiced up) for the ride.

Hey hey Scar!I hope the records don't get screwed up this go round. A legit records list would be ace. Going to have to break all those records again.
    Last edited by mannjon; 13th December 2016 at 10:48 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Quote Originally Posted by Temet View Post
    Also, if they can add A+ speed on HD/Fury tracks, it will be awesome
    haven't thought about that, but great idea !

Quote Originally Posted by multibodydynamics View Post
    HD Fury has 16 tracks....
    Appreciate the clear breakdown - I was also wondering about this. Thanks!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Yurinka

Quote Originally Posted by multibodydynamics View Post
    HD Fury has 16 tracks. 8 from HD and 4 from Fury plus 4 zone tracks. 2048 has 10 which gives a total of 26 tracks.

HD has 12 ships. Fury has 12 ships plus 1 detonator plus 1 zone ship. That is a total of 26 ships for HD Fury. 2048 has 20 ships. Totally 46 ships. That is what I think they mean.
    Uh, now I see I missed some ships and tracks. Thanks for the clarification!
    Last edited by Yurinka; 14th December 2016 at 10:27 AM.