Page 41 of 64 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast

Thread: Wipeout Omega Collection announced for PS4! - Release date 7th June 2017

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

If you buy the disc version of omega, it will install the game onto your HDD in 5-10 seconds but you have to download patches if there are any

the back of the sleeve says it requires 24gb of your HDD

but with digital pre order you can pre load and have it ready before it launches so you can play it the second its released

Quote Originally Posted by Anonanon View Post
    I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but do you think Sony will pull the plug on the PS3 or Vita servers? They did this with GT5 when GT6 arrived.
    Sony will give a 90 day warning if they close wipEout HD ps3 and 2048 here https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/legal/gameservers/

edit:

a new video by playstation access
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMKTsooiiNg
    Last edited by Racingfan; 25th May 2017 at 02:26 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

And depending where you are situated, Timezone wise, guess who will be the first people on the planet to get the Omega Pack if they have bought it as a pre-purchase download copy ?
    No it's Not Australia, we will get it a hour or so later.

PSN ID
    scalliano

Well, that is unless Amazon pull a GTA 5 and ship it three days early

Can't see it happening, tbh.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    phaeton_pl

Hello everyone
    Is WO2048 worth buying PS4? Never played it.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    SpaceFolding

Quote Originally Posted by Racingfan View Post
    a new video by playstation access
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMKTsooiiNg
    So 2048 is stuck with the 2048 hud or is it confirmed that you can swap it?

Quote Originally Posted by phaeton_pl View Post
    Hello everyone
    Is WO2048 worth buying PS4? Never played it.
    Yeah. The craft have a slight lateral swoop to the handling (which I love) and the visuals were amazing even on vita. Looks like the omega version was really well upgraded from what I can see. Better than I was expecting.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    aerobie2

I'm just loving this period of anticipation. Reminds me of the days of Pure. And Pulse. And HD. And Fury. And 2048.

All the possibility. All the music. All the speed.

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

Quote Originally Posted by Anonanon View Post
    So 2048 is stuck with the 2048 hud or is it confirmed that you can swap it?
    Hasnt been confirmed yet but i hope it can be played with other HUD's

yeah 2048 is fun game

way better now with 60 fps+ racebox+online racebox etc etc
    Last edited by Racingfan; 25th May 2017 at 10:15 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -5

While the lack of custom soundtrack support is unfortunate, I'm honestly fine with the introduction of a new soundtrack. I figure it's just that many more tracks that I can associate with the series. It might end up being a breath of fresh air to go along with the spruced up visuals.

Meanwhile, I'm still just sitting over here wondering if we'll hear anything additional about the Van-Uber craft, at least in regards to stats, before release. Tigron had its reveal, complete with plenty of pomp and circumstance. The Van-Uber's been a handful of still images so far, with no mention of stat allocation. Like I said a few pages ago, I'd like to know niche this craft will fill in the team roster, without creating too much redundancy.

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

I know a lot of people are disappointed with it, but I'm surprised so many people expected custom soundtrack support, considering you can only play mp3's from a USB storage device on the PS4 anyway.

I'm feeling a WZ Spotify playlist in the making

Any chance you can play your custom music from the USB storage in the background while playing a game?

I can’t imagine that’s possible, but it would be nicer than having to play music simultaneously on another device.

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

I think Spotify is the only media that can play in the background on the PS4.

I believe you can add your own MP3 files to Spotify, yeah?

That would solve the problem.

If yes, do you get ads every 5 minutes with a free account, even if it’s your custom music?

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

No chance. It would completely defy the point of their pay-to-stream service if you could simply upload your own tunes.

Regarding ads, Premium is obviously without ads, but free is a bit random. Sometimes you don't get any for ages, sometimes its after every single song.

YouTube obviously still wont introduce background media due to legal reasons as it is technically only a video player, and other music streaming services like Soundcloud still haven't developed an app for consoles, so Spotify Premium is currently the only way to get uninterrupted background music that I know of.

This is what I was referring to: https://support.spotify.com/us/using...o-local-files/

Not uploading, just using local files.

My brother had his whole collection of MP3s on his tablet/smartphone and used Spotify to make playlists and play them. This works on PC, Android and Apple devices.

So, unlikely on the PS4, but if anyone could confirm it isn’t possible from a local USB drive, that would be great.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually: https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comment...spotify_on_my/

What you can do is download the spotify desktop application, drag your songs to that and then be able to play them on your PS4.
    use the pc version, make a new playlist folder, drag your local files music to that playlist. Then on your phone (spotify app) find your playlist and play your music. Hit the music icon thing to stream those songs to the ps4.
    Another option is to just use the USB music player. Load up whatever you want on a stick and it controls the same way (background).
    But it seems to be streaming, so you’d still need your PC turned on? Ughhhh.

Will have to do some experimenting.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

I’m amazed at what the PS4 can’t do. I must admit I didn’t do too much research before I bought mine, because it’s there for Omega Collection first and foremost. So really no way around buying it, no matter the shortcomings. But I was really surprised to find out the PS4 cannot play PS1 games or any CD for that matter (seems like it is indeed now considered a legacy format). I was also under the impression one could easily copy music to the PS4’s hard drive. Maybe I’m spoiled by the PS3.

Oh well. USB drive it is then!

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

Theres a media player app for free in the PS store that lets you play mp3 tracks from your usb, but you cant save them to your HDD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufkkMSUN8Fc

i recorded the dynamic theme of omega with the PS3 version of the main menu music using media player... works well

And does it allow you to play your music in the background while playing a game?

If yes, we’re golden.

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

Yes, i played table top racing using a playlist of old wipeout musics and plays good

just mute the music ingame to play your playlist

Perfect. Don’t know what all the fuss was about then