Page 40 of 64 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast

Thread: Wipeout Omega Collection announced for PS4! - Release date 7th June 2017

PSN ID
    Renegade_Fire_

Wow, seriously.

That stream was a bit of a mistake on someone's part then. I was excited briefly

Timezone
    GMT -6

This thread is going so fast!! It took me 30 minutes to read 3 days of posts! Anyway, I'm disappointed in the soundtrack.... If they could get 2097 music (albeit remixed) into 2048, they should've been able to do it now. Whatever. >=/

EDIT: 21 members were onine when I posted this. Things are really picking up here!

PSN ID
    bigsnake009

If that track list is the real track list then wow that stream was a massive disappointment. I heard maybe two or three of the tracks listed in that entire mix, the rest of it was just a reminder that haha guys remember these songs haha yeah.

That Seven Stitches and Firestarter mashup was rad regardless though

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

the list is exactly the same from the review video that was uploaded today too

its deleted now btw

PSN ID
    Knux_Chaotix

They did say at the start of the stream the 1st lot of songs was more a "Wipeout through the ages" set. I like a fair bit the the soundtrack, and if I fancy a change, I have a Wipeout Spotify list.

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

The livestream is on the Playstation EU channel now, its 1hr 45mins long which was longer than I expected.

PSN ID
    Kazzy-Mac

Thanks @Hellfire for the track list!

A little disappointed that some of the songs I heard on the stream aren't in the game, but that's still a pretty solid soundtrack. I had tingles recognising some of the songs from Wipeout, 2097, Fusion, Pure, Pulse, HD et al. Just goes to show how great a soundtrack the series has always had, past and present.

Anybody got a time for that firestarter/seven stitches mashup so I can quickly find it? It sounds like it's gotten a lot of praise over here and I want to hear it.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Carcide_027

This is a change...
    Krushyn, Xpander, Firestar and Seven stitches (Somebody please make a mashup of that), and a We Have Explosive...

It's pretty decent, and I can literally listen to this Sountrack for ageessss now!

Did anyone notice that the floating Tigron model in the video had decals?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I don’t know if this has been posted, but here is the official Spotfiy playlist for the game:

https://open.spotify.com/user/playst...9k5aJy82BZBocy

PSN ID
    TheWalkingFroggy

Thanks for the Spotify link AdHoc
    I Just don't understand if tracks like We Have Explosive and Firestarter will appear on the game.. even in the Spotify playlist they aren't there

Timezone
    GMT + 3
    PSN ID
    chalovak

I believe there is no need to get disappointed by some WipEout jewels missing from the Omega. Yeah, it's a bummer they are not there, cause those tracks work with the game like a charm, like they were meant to be together. But think about this: one of the reasons we love them is that they are WipEout related. When 2048 came out it had completely (almost) fresh OST with some great tracks which were unwonted still. But over time (while playing WipEout) they grew on us and became (to us personally) little masterpieces like Firestarter or Xpander from previous titles. And I believe the same worked with music from Pulse, Pure and the same will work with Omega soundtrack which is decent by the sound of it.
    That's my take on this OST thing.)

PS. I have a playlist on my iPhone with the best WipEout tracks, with the fresh Omega OST this playlist will definitely be expanded. How awesome is that? The more the merrier.

No Orbital or FSOL. Oh well

Can't wait to get this game. Especially looking forward to the 2048 tracks. Loved that game on the vita!

Chalovak, yes and no: HD/Fury’s OST never really grew on me, except for a few tracks...

But yeah, no need to complain

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    SpaceFolding

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but do you think Sony will pull the plug on the PS3 or Vita servers? They did this with GT5 when GT6 arrived.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    theconzio

Most likely, I don't see it staying up for too long when Omega comes out.

Speaking of which, I'm ready

e00f12.jpg

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

I'm still needing to purchase a PS4 and Omega Collection. I don't know, though, that'll be literally the only game I'll be using that system for, so in the end, will it even be worth it?

...yeah, probably. XD

PSN ID
    Dylan061997

Quote Originally Posted by Ace3000 View Post
    I'm still needing to purchase a PS4 and Omega Collection. I don't know, though, that'll be literally the only game I'll be using that system for, so in the end, will it even be worth it?

...yeah, probably. XD
    Don't forget PS+ too to play online (but i think you already know ) ace .
    And i see for the soundtracks reveal it's really bad?

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Quote Originally Posted by Ace3000 View Post

...yeah, probably. XD
    Well a lot of people are upgrading their PS4's to PS4 Pro's, if bucks are tight just get a traded in used one from EB games, and as Dylan said, you need to factor in the AUS$ 80 pa for the PS+ subscription, but you do get 4 free games a month to download, the only thing to worry about there is to make sure your internet plan can handle to games sizes, as they can be a LOT bigger than PS3 games.......you should of seen the full file size of the Omega Pack Beta , not one for somebody on a 100GB PM internet plan put it that way.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

Yeah, I might go down the preowned route, we'll see how it goes. And it's fine, I'm on a limitless plan, so I don't need to look out for my data usage! The speeds, however, is another story... XD

Same, I think I’ll try an EB Games or Gumtree, see what I find...