Page 3 of 128 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Wipeout Omega Collection announced for PS4! - Release date 7th June 2017

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

2048 on the big screen?! YES!

Looking forward to Phantom class and staring at the lovely ships in 4K, oh the hype is real ^^

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Hm. I donít quite know what to say about that announcement right now. Well, itís WipEout after all, so it must be good news I guess. But it seems more like cash cow phenomenon. I havenít played the WOHD add-on for WO2048 on PSVITA, but wasnít it just a seperate game there as well?

I somehow canít stand the idea of racing the same tracks another decade with no new gameplay. Iíd rather keep my eye open for a cheap PSTV that may support the 2048 hack before spending 200Ä+ to play games that are almost ten years old (in the case of WOHD).

Maybe Iíll change my mind about it, but right now, meh. If at all, it makes the annoucement of a new installment seem even more far away now. Sadly.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Guess it's time to get my projector fixed.

I'm just wondering how much better this would be in 4K over the standard PS4, and if it's playable in 3D or VR, as I'm sure that Sony would have tweaked it especially for the new PS4 and possibly the VR headset, as Sony has always used Wipeout to showcase it's newest tech.....things haven't changed, even though it's not a new addition to the series.

As for them fixing 2048's problems of no Racebox and fixing the HD server issues [music when you race anybody], I'd love to have the confidence to think that they had, but if true to previous form, I suspect that Sony would have only requested a direct port, much like it did for a Pulse on the PS2.

This is truly incredible news. Can't wait to watch and share live streams of remastered flipping 2048 on my PS4 Pro!

Gobsmacked

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I guess this will also mean the end to the PS3's HD/FURY - VITA's 2048 online/crossplay servers

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    theconzio

Don't get me wrong I am excited for this, but I wish they had chosen the original trilogy rather than the latest two games. Imagine those on the PS4 , but I find it a bit odd that Sony refers to HD Fury and 2048 as "classics" on their twitter page. Nevertheless, I have a reason to buy a PS4 now (and also the Crash Bandicoot trilogy remaster)

If anyone fancies a wallpaper: qzra5v.jpg
    Last edited by TheConzio; 4th December 2016 at 09:37 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    keg11; touge_rider2

As much as this is the best news since 2048's release, there's one reality that bugs me:

"A 2016 remaster of a 2008/9 game (HD), based on gamed form 2005 and 2007"

Let's hope this is the start of something...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    tug_14

Wipeout Omega ???? like omega ... the last one ??? or suppose an " Alpha collection " game with tracks from WO 1&2 ( i know , i'm dreaming )

So a quick look on vid , ships look a bit smaller on track it seem to me ?

PSN ID
    slimjim2097

This is good news never had a vita

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Any news about WipEout is good! At least the series will live on for the new generation. For us old dogs, nothing really new unfortunately!

The chance this will be a direct port is very big. So no major changes in the game structure.

What I really hope for is that the recordtables will start from scratch with leaving the recordtables from PS3 and VITA intact. So specific recordtables for the PS4 edition, no crossplay between platforms. This will make sure the game will run smoother.

The biggest improvement could be for 2048 playable on the big screen and hoping for an online racebox mode and not the grid voting system: race or combat.

If 2048 will have the online racebox mode like HD FURY! I will organise yet another European Wipeout Convention in Amsterdam.

Greetz Mad-Ice