Page 28 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Thread: Wipeout Omega Collection announced for PS4! - Release date 7th June 2017

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

I know the feeling Ryuga, 7th of June is a Wednesday and I'll be stuck in Nantwich doing my Extended diploma still. So I've asked a friend to pick up my pre-order for me.

Might have to make a special trip home just to play wipeout on the Thursday evening rather than spending another weekend stuck on campus. I suppose sacrificing one evening won't spoil my assignment schedule that much

PSN ID
    Justice_Curtains

I think that having a thread would be a great idea, especially for people like me, who weren't around when the HD/Fury and 2048 online scenes were active.

Speaking of which, I should probably put my PSN ID on my profile...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MAMUTHcz

Can anyone from Clever Beans confirm if there is some kind of intro movie? I know this might not be as important to everyone else, but I loved all intro movies in past Wipeouts, so naturally I was wondering if there will be some new one in Omega.

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

they removed the intro from 2048 so i doubt it

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    theconzio

Shame, that 2048 intro was the best! A friend of mine used to play it/show it around to other students back in high school when the game just came out - man I was so much younger then, time really does fly by

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

God that last post makes me feel old

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

Same! Only 2 things have ever made me genuinely 'feel old'.

1) The Lion king was released 23 years ago.
    2) TheConzio's post just now!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MrOrbital

Is the beta test still going on or was it limited to the weekend? Can those lucky bastards still play the game or is it locked somehow?

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

it ended on sunday

im sure its locked now¨

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    UnleashSonic

Quote Originally Posted by MAMUTH View Post
    Can anyone from Clever Beans confirm if there is some kind of intro movie? I know this might not be as important to everyone else, but I loved all intro movies in past Wipeouts, so naturally I was wondering if there will be some new one in Omega.
    I wouldn't get your hopes up, they probably didn't have the additional resources/time etc. to take on such a task (as much as it pains me haha).

That said, I'm genuinely impressed with how much you guys over at Clever Beans/EPOS/XDEV have achieved with this collection! Welcome to the forum, by the way! Hope you guys are lurking GAF too; lot's of love for your work going 'round Can't wait to see the fruits of your labor.

PSN ID
    Justice_Curtains

I wonder if any of the ships' stats have been tweaked at all: I remember seeing an image of the Tigron craft in the ship select screen that placed its stats slightly better than Icaras, which would throw the balance off a little bit.

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

It has better stats than icaras HD, but Icaras fury has better stats overall

icaras fury has 5% better handling, but 5% or 10% less shield

but shield doesnt really matter in HD/fury

PSN ID
    Hybrid_Divide

Although I would not expect a new intro for this collection, I would really hope that the sublime 2048 intro was able to be accessed from an extras section or something.

I'll admit it, brought tears to my eyes the first time I saw it, and still sends shivers up my spine! (The intro for PurE does both of these things more, though)

But yeah, that intro, on a big screen. Needs to happen!

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

the UK retailer i use for imports at a good price sent me a email about a change about my wipEout order

https://www.base.com/buy/product/wip...gc-weocps4.htm

a classic sleve

dont think this has been posted by xdev yet, so this might be one of their surprises... this is amazing if true

https://www.base.com/viewImages.aspx...e=55511&show=1 back of the cover)

https://www.base.com/viewImages.aspx...e=55513&show=1
    Last edited by Racingfan; 9th May 2017 at 04:40 PM.

PSN ID
    Justice_Curtains

That sleeve actually looks damn good... Wish one would come with the steelbook on amazon...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    wipe64

Hi everyone !

I finally post on this thread to say welcome to Mooney and NotRedEnough

Wanted to thank you guys for the work you are doing, and I hope you'll bring us other WipEout games in the future

Already pre-ordered a digital version to get the Van-Uber, but god... I'll have to pre-order the physical version too... The classic sleeve is so amazing...
    My girlfriend told me to stop buying WipEout things... Too much money "wasted" according to her... Guess I'll be single soon, but look at that sleeve

By the way I found a good picture of the Van-Uber, and I don't think this one has been posted yet, so...

http://wipeout.wikia.com/wiki/Wipeou...ega_Mashup.png

And guys, please tell us soon what are the other surprises !

PSN ID
    Justice_Curtains

Speaking of Van-Uber, it seems like they've been shoved out of the way in favour of giving Tigron all the glory

I wish we'd see a Van-Uber trailer, in a similar fashion to the Tigron KVSR trailer that was released a little while ago

PSN ID
    Hybrid_Divide

That PS1 style sleeve looks fantastic! Hey Mooney! Any chance those of us who are importing the steelbook version will get that PS1 sleeve to go with the game, too?

*hopehopehopehope*

PSN ID
    Manhandz69

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid Divide View Post
    That PS1 style sleeve looks fantastic! Hey Mooney! Any chance those of us who are importing the steelbook version will get that PS1 sleeve to go with the game, too?

*hopehopehopehope*
    Hey man.

I'm not quite sure what comes with each version, that's all handled by other departments within in Sony. Even I didn't know about that sleeve until just now.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

Question to the developer: Is there any chance to use a force feedback wheel with Omega Collection? If yes, that would really make my day...

edit: fun fact, 'ICOM' really exists
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JFthebestJan; 9th May 2017 at 09:22 PM.