Page 27 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Thread: Wipeout Omega Collection announced for PS4! - Release date 7th June 2017

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

Only in NA

In EU Van-uber is digital exclusive

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/ga...ollection-ps4/
    Last edited by Racingfan; 8th May 2017 at 02:58 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Kurlija

Ah, I see, thanks.

Guess I'll try importing an NA copy then.

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

Welcome to the forum Chris!! glad to see you join us and stop stalking around, how have you bean?

You're making all of us jelly because you've bean testing the beta
    Also if you can tell us at some point, why are Tigron and Van-uber beaning brought back from the grave? Was it by Sony's wish or a clever idea from you or the other developers?

Man I can't wait for the game's release and for Sony to spill the beans on the series future, I bet they're cooking up some clever plans for all of us!

(All of the puns were intentional, I am not sorry )

PSN ID
    Manhandz69

Quote Originally Posted by Snakenator1 View Post
    Welcome to the forum Chris!! glad to see you join us and stop stalking around, how have you bean?

You're making all of us jelly because you've bean testing the beta
    Also if you can tell us at some point, why are Tigron and Van-uber beaning brought back from the grave? Was it by Sony's wish or a clever idea from you or the other developers?

Man I can't wait for the game's release and for Sony to spill the beans on the series future, I bet they're cooking up some clever plans for all of us!

(All of the puns were intentional, I am not sorry )
    in HEINZ sight, those puns look like a bad idea.

PSN ID
    Hybrid_Divide

Welcome to WZ, Chris!

I've seen from the really good looking Tigron ship unboxing that there is lore explaining their return. This is important to us! (Me, at least)

Will it eventually be posted up somewhere? Ditto with Van-Uber?

The lore helps make this series great!

Fun Fact!: The first craft FEISAR ever built was put together using instructions so badly translated and re-translated, that when it was first powered up, it immediately exploded!
    (It's in the lore for WipEout Fusion somewhere)

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

@Mooney
    Dang I've been schooled in the way of puns with just a single one, wish I thought of that one.
    I raise my hat to you good sir

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

He threw your puns right out the window! I hope they can.... fly.

Nice to see interactivity from you guys, warm welcome to you all! ;-)

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Here's a question for you guys at Clever Beans.
    Will you be able to tell what percentage of players with the Omega pack have bought it via download version and disc version ?

Reason I ask it that it has been a pretty long held belief that because there has not been a full console version of a wipeout game available on disc, on release day, at shops since 2002 FUSION, that the player base receded over the years...... as in if they don't see it in the shop they don't know of it's existence, which for the older wipeout fan that hasn't gamed for a few years suddenly sees it, brings back memories and buys it.

It will be interesting to see what sales are like of the disc version one, two and three weeks after release, and especially once it inevitably gets discounted

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    MetaKraken (formerly MechaKraken)

Tigron and Van-Uber are returning in full force. Rejoice!

PSN ID
    Kazzy-Mac

EU digital version is the one that has Van Uber in it? Phew.

I have to get the digital version anyway; I want the physical edition pretty bad (maybe I'll pick one up on the cheap just for the hell of it further down the line) but my PS4 has a habit of overheating the eject button and causing the console to spam-eject. Gripes of the vanilla PS4 unit, nothing I can do.

Good to see some of the devs here too! When you see devs actively showing interest in their communities, that's when you know they're a good bunch.

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

God I love this

Anyone else feel like Sony are actually showing this game a bit more love and attention than they were expecting? Quite a few articles and mentions of it about the place, and every single PS update email mentions it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid Divide View Post
    Welcome to WZ, Chris!

I've seen from the really good looking Tigron ship unboxing that there is lore explaining their return. This is important to us! (Me, at least)

Will it eventually be posted up somewhere? Ditto with Van-Uber?

The lore helps make this series great!

Fun Fact!: The first craft FEISAR ever built was put together using instructions so badly translated and re-translated, that when it was first powered up, it immediately exploded!
    (It's in the lore for WipEout Fusion somewhere)

Hey, thanks for the welcome, I'll look into getting it posted up somewhere. (And ditto for the Van Uber) -

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

i really wish they sold this as a limited run of 1000 or something but its exclusive for devs/media

someone who has it may sell it on Ebay later on but it will probably be 300+ dollars

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    Will you be able to tell what percentage of players with the Omega pack have bought it via download version and disc version ?
    i dont think CB can answer this too

however according to EA digital is 25% of the sales on PS4 and xbox one now http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/...take-physical/

so it will probably be similar to wipEout
    Last edited by Racingfan; 9th May 2017 at 09:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post

Reason I ask it that it has been a pretty long held belief that because there has not been a full console version of a wipeout game available on disc, on release day, at shops since 2002 FUSION, that the player base receded over the years...... as in if they don't see it in the shop they don't know of it's existence, which for the older wipeout fan that hasn't gamed for a few years suddenly sees it, brings back memories and buys it.

It will be interesting to see what sales are like of the disc version one, two and three weeks after release, and especially once it inevitably gets discounted

From a very personal point of view: I think it being a boxed product is only a good thing because of the added audience it'll bring, I think you're absolutely correct. It gets featured on more stores like Amazon and Game etc, - which raises awareness, which hopefully will raise sales. (Sales figures will probably stay private though!)

PSN ID
    Justice_Curtains

So I have a question that's been bugging me since Omega Collection has been announced, and I was wondering if the guys from Clever Beans could give me an answer.

Will the HD/Fury craft use the physics present in the PS3 version of the game, or will they use the modified physics present in the expansion pack for WipEout 2048 on the PS Vita?

Thanks in advance, and I'd just like to say that I'm super excited for the game!

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

Hope it uses HD physics

2048 physics on the dlcs wasnt great

but i dont think they can confirm this yet because NDA

Quote Originally Posted by Justice & Curtains View Post
    So I have a question that's been bugging me since Omega Collection has been announced, and I was wondering if the guys from Clever Beans could give me an answer.

Will the HD/Fury craft use the physics present in the PS3 version of the game, or will they use the modified physics present in the expansion pack for WipEout 2048 on the PS Vita?

Thanks in advance, and I'd just like to say that I'm super excited for the game!
    This is really difficult for me to answer! (I won't go into the technical side of why)

Could you outline exactly what your preference is? (and what the problem was with either 2048 / HD?) - I might be able to clarify a bit further.

PSN ID
    Justice_Curtains

Thanks for the reply, I'll try and go into a little more detail

The tracks in HD/Fury were designed with the HD/Fury physics in mind, which obviously means that they meshed well together.
    In the 2048 expansion however, the same tracks but with 2048 physics felt very strange and awkward to control, especially when the craft was in the air.
    As a result, I would much prefer having the original PS3 physics for the Omega Collection, rather than the 2048 physics.

(TLDR HD/Fury Physics for HD/Fury tracks, and 2048 Physics for 2048 tracks would be perfect)
    Last edited by Justice & Curtains; 9th May 2017 at 11:08 AM. Reason: Typo

Thanks for further clarifying...

I think the problem you're probably seeing here is the difference between 60fps (on the PS3) and 30fps (on the Vita) - I say "probably" because there's lots and lots more considerations, (physics update frequency, collision mesh differences, etc etc)

The PS4 is super powerful, so we've always opted for the "most expensive" option in every area of the game. I'm sure you'll have no need to worry

PSN ID
    TheWalkingFroggy

Quote Originally Posted by NotEnoughRed View Post
    Thanks for further clarifying...

I think the problem you're probably seeing here is the difference between 60fps (on the PS3) and 30fps (on the Vita) - I say "probably" because there's lots and lots more considerations, (physics update frequency, collision mesh differences, etc etc)

The PS4 is super powerful, so we've always opted for the "most expensive" option in every area of the game. I'm sure you'll have no need to worry
    The more I read these things and more I get excited for this game.
    The only sad thing is that, when game will be released, I'll have exams soon! Damn! But after those it will be a big return for me, hope to see you all on track

P.S = Maybe we should make a thread with all Online IDs of people getting the collection. There might be some guys like me that changed account when they got a PS4, losing all friends. I had a lot of them but I can't remember most of them