Page 25 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Thread: Wipeout Omega Collection announced for PS4! - Release date 7th June 2017

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    There is 4K HD and 4K UHD […]
    Actually, there isn’t. 4K or UHD (Ultra High Definition) are basically marketing terms for the same thing, meaning a resolution of min. 3840x2160 pixels. What you are refereing to is HDR (High Dynamic Range) that adds more color depth to the image. It isn’t dependent on screen resolution and can be found on 1080p screens (or any other for that matter) as well.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

...Online ID...so I gather those little identity tags over online craft can be turned on or off, they were on HD when it first came out, but stopped working after the first week, there was never a option to turn them on or off before though.
    You can now select to turn pilot assist on or off for Player one and Player Two...
    both options are very present and functioning in wipEout hd/fury, so nothing new really
    Attached Images Attached Images

I still have a bad feeling time trial will not be in race box for 2048, but will only be in the campaign as before. What I mean would be just like HD, with records for each speed class with specific records. Really hope I'm wrong about this one as it would be most of my playing, at least at first. Still looking forward to it either way though

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

quoting blackwiggle's post

Racebox includes 2048, 9 tracks available in all modes except Zone, which has 10
    im sure he means 10 tracks in other 2048 modes than zone

@JF

woah thats my old psn name haha

i was wondering what you were doing behind me while i wasnt playing

my psn name is really bad

EDIT: some pictures

https://twitter.com/N0tEnoughRed/sta...17362783641603
    https://twitter.com/N0tEnoughRed/sta...03873043652608
    https://twitter.com/N0tEnoughRed/sta...33740913111040

man im jealous
    Last edited by Racingfan; 6th May 2017 at 05:18 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

It depends what manufacturer you are talking about, and how old the TV is, there are so many different abbreviations for what basically is the same thing it's got quite muddled, and the TECH press up until the last 6 months haven't really helped with spreading this confusion, those TV's that don't do HDR are just calling themselves 4K HD, which were the first generation 4K TV's on the market [no point in buying one of these], but because it has 4K mentioned, people think it does HDR as well, or they don't even know about HDR

The new ones are calling themselves 4K UHD or 4K HDR which is the same thing depending on manufacturer, like wise 1080p screen that do the same are just calling themselves UHD or HDR, anyway, what it boils down to is you need a screen that does the high brightness needed [or to be technical up to 4,000 nits], these TV's are easy to spot in a store, their picture jumps out at you, small differences in the colour shading of what would otherwise seem just the one colour appear, which gives a more 3D like appearance and colours seem much more vivid without being oversaturated like a TV with the colour control turned up.

If using a PS4 Pro and one of these TV's, yes you would notice the difference with the Omega collection, but again, since it it computer generated content it's not really where these TV's shine at their best, put on a 4K disc of a movie played back via something like a Panasonic UB900 4K disc player, then your talking.

Anyway, what I've been told is even if using a bog standard 1080p screen, the PS4 Omega pack runs HD/FURY a lot smoother than the PS3 did

PSN ID
    TheWalkingFroggy

Damn guys! This waiting is killing me! How about you!?

Just realized that there was released a Closed Beta, I wish I could try it but whatever, the game will be for sure super amazing!! Can't wait to race on Zone Mode.
    Are they also adding two " new " ships? Are these included in the game by default or with some special edition / pre order?

Oh and hello Mooney! So cool to see a member of XDEV here!

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

Yeah the wait is also doing that for me too

yeah i really wish i could try out the beta ;(

yeah new ships are tigron and van uber (from fusion and pure)

tigron is in all versions but van uber is a digital exclusive in the EU version.... but they may sell it as a DLC later on

can't wait to see you destroy zone on 2048
    Last edited by Racingfan; 7th May 2017 at 09:27 AM.

I just realised that finishing the whole "game" is going to take an eternity.

PSN ID
    Manhandz69

Hey man.

I'm not actually from XDEV, I'm a developer at cleverbeans.

PSN ID
    TheWalkingFroggy

Ohh oops Sorry, seems I misunderstood but it's still amazing! You guys are making real a wish of a lot of players here

And thank you for the info Racingfan, now I know exactly what version I have to get! Always wanted to try 2048 and YEP also zone mode there, there are a lot of records that need to be registered again

Thanks for all the work by your team, you need to know it’s much appreciated among us.

We sincerely hope that the franchise is alive again and you that you will keep making us dream for many years to come.

PSN ID
    Manhandz69

Thanks, ile pass on the message to the rest of the beans!

PSN ID
    Renegade_Fire_

I'll echo that statement, many thanks indeed to everyone working on Omega. So happy to have the series alive and well and really looking top notch.

One month to go

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

thanks for omega and racebox 2048

just a question, are you n0tenoughred on twitter?
    Last edited by Racingfan; 7th May 2017 at 12:45 PM.

The ESRB Has Now Rated The Wipeout Omega Collection

It was announced by Sony a few weeks ago that the Wiepout Omega Collection on PS4 has gone gold. Now the ESRB has rated the collection giving you some additional details on what it includes.

The game has been rated “E” for everyone over the age of 10. It only features some “Fantasy Violence”. The game collection is exclusive to the PS4 console.

The rating summary says: “This is a compilation of three titles from the futuristic racing series Wipeout. Players pilot a selection of anti-gravity vehicles to compete in races across a variety of game modes (e.g., Career, Tournament, Speed Lap). In some game modes, players can pick up power-ups (e.g., quakes, plasma/beams, rockets/missiles) and earn points by damaging and/or destroying opponents’ vehicles; combat is accompanied by large explosions, realistic gunfire, and screen-shaking effects.”

Wipeout Omega Collection includes remastered versions of WipEout HD, WipEout HD Fury and WipEout 2048. It features all of the vehicles and circuits plus some new and classic musical tracks. The game itself will be released on June 6th. It’s available to pre-order at retail stores or via the PlayStation Store.
    http://www.justpushstart.com/2017/05...ga-collection/

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

So for us who use the PEGI rating system, we're looking at PEGI 7. Not at all surprising honestly

I'll also echo the previous posts in thanking all the developers for creating the omega collection, its making all of us really happy and appreciate the hard work

PSN ID
    Manhandz69

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn_Fire_ View Post
    I'll echo that statement, many thanks indeed to everyone working on Omega. So happy to have the series alive and well and really looking top notch.

One month to go
    Cheers

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Racingfan View Post
    thanks for omega and racebox 2048

just a question, are you n0tenoughred on twitter?

No, that's our producer Chris, this is me: @moons_artwork

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Snakenator1 View Post
    So for us who use the PEGI rating system, we're looking at PEGI 7. Not at all surprising honestly

I'll also echo the previous posts in thanking all the developers for creating the omega collection, its making all of us really happy and appreciate the hard work

Thumbs up!

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

I might as well chip in with my thanks, you guys are actually making me consider getting a PS4 just for this!

PSN ID
    Silverstream001

I'd also like to thank everyone involved with creating Omega Collection.

It's inspired me to finally buy a PS4 and return to WipEoutZone after nearly 7 years away, so let's just say I'm happy and can't wait to play it!

PSN ID
    Manhandz69

Quote Originally Posted by Ace3000 View Post
    I might as well chip in with my thanks, you guys are actually making me consider getting a PS4 just for this!
    Never been a better time to own a ps4, go for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Silverstream View Post
    I'd also like to thank everyone involved with creating Omega Collection.

It's inspired me to finally buy a PS4 and return to WipEoutZone after nearly 7 years away, so let's just say I'm happy and can't wait to play it!
    Cheers!