Page 24 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: Wipeout Omega Collection announced for PS4! - Release date 7th June 2017

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

We in Aus use the UK PlayStation store, which is a PAL region, but the pre order steelbox game disc is region free anyway, I've ordered it as well.
    The only problem arises is with any special DLC that comes with the game, people in the USA who import the steel box would have to use the Europe Playstation store, we in Aus don't have that problem.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Ah, fair point, will do

PSN ID
    Kazzy-Mac

Saw all this talk about Omega having a beta test, came on here to see if you guys had heard about it.

Did. Not. Disappoint.

In all seriousness though, I'm a little surprised that the devs didn't reach out to more of you guys here, given the passion for the game and knowledge; they'd have been able to get some hella feedback but, eh, c'est la vie, right?

Also someone mentioned that Tigron is going to be available in all versions? Is there a sauce? (also does anyone have an inkling of what the stats for Van Uber might be? I've seen Tigron's, I wonder how competitive it'll be.)

A couple questions related to 4K.

Does it really make such a big difference to the naked eye on a game like WOHD?
    Will I be missing out big time if I play it on a 1080p screen?
    Are you guys all getting a 4K screen for the occasion?

This is to determine if I should wait for the day I buy a 4K screen to play WOOC I don’t want to "spoil" it.

Cool Ready!

tmp_10097-20170506_06242981416852.jpg

31 days to go. Pre-ordered digital.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

There is 4K HD and 4K UHD
    4K HD resolution doesn't mean much on a TV, but on a projector it's noticeable, but even then, you have to sit as close to the screen ans the screen is wide to readily notice it.

But 4K UHD is a different matter, these screens are designed to run a lot brighter than standard 108p HD screens, that is to reproduce the expanded colour gamut of UHD and is noticeable on a TV, no matter what size it is, this is especially true with scenes like Sky or the Sea etc, where the UHD screen can reproduce very small differences in colour that you see in nature, this also makes the screens appear to have more contrast, and also make whatever you are watching on it seem more 3D like.

Standard 1080p HD and 4K HD will look flat in comparison.....truth is, on computer generate content the differences between standard 1080p HD and 4K HD would be hard to spot unless you had two different screen side by side, and the PS4 does 1080p upscaling, not true 4K, that's one of the reasons it doesn't have a 4K disc drive, it's much the same as when the PS3 was first released, it played standard DVD's, but then got a system update that brought DVD upscaling from standard 576 to 1080p

If you were going to buy a new TV, IMHO you would be mad if it wasn't a 4K UHD model, they aren't really that much more expensive that 1080p HD TV's, but I'd also stay away from OLED screens, they might look fine in the shops, but a lot are being returned with varying degrees of picture problems, like banding etc.....it's new technology that isn't really as robust as LED/LCD, neither can a OLED ever be as bright as a LCD/LED....I calibrate TV's, OLED also use some trickery to make the Blacks on them to seem deeper that LED/LCD, but that's a whole other topic.
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 6th May 2017 at 05:57 AM.

Cheers, BW.

I’ll keep my good old 1080p Samsung LED monitor for now then.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    Yes you are correct, my bad, but by the same token, why give BETA testing duties to people that don't really know the game?

You do see the potential problem with the game that has been discovered out of all this don't you?
    I'll reiterate for those that missed it.

You have three games with two different handling craft, the FURY/HD craft can't race on the 2048 tracks, and visa versa, the problem lies in that they have [reportedly] made the air brake sensitivity adjustment GLOBAL, as in one adjusted setting works across both games [different craft], now what might be a ideal air brake setting for the HD/FURY craft, could be a shocker for the 2048, not so bad if playing Campaign, as you can go back into air brake settings adjust to suit.....but what happens when you are playing online and tracks change between the two different handling craft?

You either have to opt for a great handling HD/FURY craft and a not so great 2048 craft, or the other way around......not a ideal situation is it? especially in the faster speed classes.....I doubt you will able to adjust your air brake settings while sitting on a online grid waiting for the race to start, even if you could, it would be a total pain for all concerned waitinf for people to do that.

The only solution I can think of would be if you had player selectable airbrake presets for each of the two different handling craft, and they automatically load with the corresponding craft selection when playing online.

I don't know, maybe my mate has got this air brake setting thing wrong, but if he hasn't and there is just one Global air brake setting, it does seem a bit of a oversight.
    Any issues reported at this point won't make it to the release version (as mentioned before, game's gone gold already), but can be fixed using patches, so whether you report it now or in a month makes not much difference apart from the devs being able to look into it already (but that's what the beta testers are for), a global vs local sensitivity setting is a really easy fix (less than 30 mins), so no need to worry about it (in fact, your friend might be wrong in thinking the sensitivity setting is global, as 2048 originally doesn't even have sensitivity settings)

There's no need to worry about bugs & enhancements, there is most likely going to be at least 1 patch to address a lot of issues the beta testers missed (Which is inevitable, look at the airbrake glitch, started with Pure and was still present up and till Patch 2.4 of Wipeout HD)
    Last edited by Cipher; 6th May 2017 at 08:55 AM.

Is it June 7th yet?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    tug_14

Hi, someone has heard of a pulse version on PS4 ?? ... I just saw a photo of someone with a "presskit" of it, i guess it' s for PS4
    Attachment 10676 .

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

attachment doesnt work

Quote Originally Posted by yawnstretch View Post
    Is it June 7th yet?
    Yes (i wish)
    Last edited by Racingfan; 6th May 2017 at 09:30 AM. Reason: edited in quote

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Quote Originally Posted by tug_14 View Post
    Hi, someone has heard of a pulse version on PS4 ?? ... I just saw a photo of someone with a "presskit" of it, i guess it' s for PS4
    Attachment 10676 .
    It's one of the old press kits from the PSP/PS2 days. Still highly sought after

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    tug_14

OK ... My bad , we can dream

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MrOrbital

Quote Originally Posted by KazzyMac View Post
    Also someone mentioned that Tigron is going to be available in all versions? Is there a sauce? (also does anyone have an inkling of what the stats for Van Uber might be? I've seen Tigron's, I wonder how competitive it'll be.)
    Tigron in all versions. Source:
    https://twitter.com/SonyXDevEurope/s...71697156239360

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Here's some stuff you wouldn't have known.
    In the Omega Pack game options you have some new ones.

Online ID...so I gather those little identity tags over online craft can be turned on or off, they were on HD when it first came out, but stopped working after the first week, there was never a option to turn them on or off before though.
    You can now select to turn pilot assist on or off for Player one and Player Two, so great if playing two player single screen and one player needs it and the other doesn't
    HUD style is global, although I don't know what HUD's are available, but at least you should be able to change the 2048 one if you want.

In Racebox when selecting 2048- in the Game Type the unusual option of Tournament is available !
    I don't know how they have worked the 2048 Racebox, it must be different in some way.

Here's a game for you to play....guess what might be the available options in the blank spaces of the ONLINE selection page?
    Game Mode-
    Race Type-
    Speed Class-
    Weapons- On/Off
    HUD Weapon Hints- On/Off
    Opponents-
    Barrel Rolls-
    Pilot Assist-
    Laps-
    Blank.....
    Blank.....

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

Glad to see weapon off mode is back

I still would love to see ghost ships

curious what the blank spaces are

my guesses are

Ghost ships (anyone can drive through you, so no crashing into others etc) FYI if you didnt know, HD had ghost ships, but was only activated after respawning for a few seconds, when having a huge PING, or driving in wrong side of the track but having a permenant option would be amazing.

maybe something 2048 related on the second blank option... Prototype ships disabled maybe? Feisar prototype on lower speed classes that isnt Altima, SOL, or queens mall is way to OP on lower classes.
    Last edited by Racingfan; 6th May 2017 at 10:23 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Ghost Ships are available.

HUD's are unlock along the way during Campaign, just like HD was....was so long ago I forgot about that, so ATM unable to find out exactly what HUD's will be available.
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 6th May 2017 at 10:36 AM.

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

nice to see HUD's back too. 2097 HUD on zone is amazing
    Last edited by Racingfan; 6th May 2017 at 11:41 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    theconzio

Quote Originally Posted by KazzyMac View Post
    In all seriousness though, I'm a little surprised that the devs didn't reach out to more of you guys here, given the passion for the game and knowledge; they'd have been able to get some hella feedback but, eh, c'est la vie, right?
    Yeah It's kinda confused me too.. If they knew about these forums already (hence Mooney), it should've been a no-brainer to give at least a few invites to active forum members here IMO. But then again, it would be hard for us NOT to share what we would know (and break the contract/agreement yadayada)

PSN ID
    Manhandz69

Sony are the ones who decide who gets an invite to the beta, not the guys at Clever beans and Epos. But if people here show a disregard for NDA's, it further reinforces the idea that they they need to be very selective about who gets access to things like a beta going forward.
    Last edited by Mooney; 6th May 2017 at 12:33 PM.