Page 21 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: Wipeout Omega Collection announced for PS4! - Release date 7th June 2017

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MrOrbital

I hope they fix the badge system. It was nice but felt buggy.

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

tigron coming to omega? and possibly collectors edition?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9mf1DBwr2o
    "Anyone recognise this ship? Stay tuned to the blog for more details..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yFxBXTEcw8

edit:
    look at 2:01 and look at the description

tigron stats are 100 speed, 75 thrust, 70 shield and 70 handling

blog post for tigron

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2017...-tigron-k-vsr/

looking at the picture... theres no fury variant? the fury selections are all blank for two ships... i guess the other one is van uber so.... yeah
    Last edited by Racingfan; 4th May 2017 at 03:12 PM.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Well, that's my lore video f***ed

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

I was thinking the same thing XD

PSN ID
    scalliano

Confirmed:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1kWR85vPYk

And yeah, I thought that too.

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

If theres one more ship to be announced then i bet it's g tech

PSN ID
    Knux_Chaotix

Beyond excited for this!! Tigron!!! June cannot come quick enough!!!

PSN ID
    Hybrid_Divide

Any lore theories on how this could be possible? Silly as it sounds, this is important to me!

Sorry about your video, Charlie. That was the first thing I thought of, too!

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Fireuser1995

My first thought was, "What!? That is so cool!"

I'll be honest, I didn't think it would happen. Now, I wonder if the lore would explain both Tigron and Van-Uber's return to AG racing.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    theconzio

Interesting

PSN ID
    scalliano

I have to be honest, I'm not against the idea of Omega being non-canon and allowing all the teams from the entire serise to be included in some form, but the sheer amont of detail the boxart for that little magnetic model goes into, even going so far as to include Tigron's trademark arrogance, strikes me as something more of a retcon. Not sure how I feel about that, TBH.

But, if this is the direction they're taking, we might as well have a G-Tech ship for good measure. On the other hand, having EG-R and Xios might be trickier to explain away.

Timezone
    GMT + 3
    PSN ID
    MDAym777

If we're heading this way, why not have teams like Icaras, Van-Über, Mirage, and other newer teams have ships in 2048 mode?

EDIT: Tigron could relocate to Belarus.
    Last edited by hmetal2001; 4th May 2017 at 05:53 PM.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Wow, they have actually given a bit of the lore to explain its reappearance! Apparently, the company has not been resurrected, the K-VSR was the very last craft developed by Tigron before the F9000 collapse. The machine is a refurbished relic that can be "hired out" to those with the right money and contacts. It's given in a passage on the back of the box that the magnetic model came in. Give me a minute and I'll post it

*Should add that I don't own one, someone did an unboxing on YouTube and showed the back of the box
    Last edited by Hellfire_WZ; 4th May 2017 at 06:38 PM.

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfire_WZ View Post
    Well, that's my lore video f***ed
    I'm pretty sure the videos was f***ed when Van uber was announced
    The design of the new Tigron looks similar to Triakis with it being a triple hull design. Anybody else agree??

EDIT: Also more pictures of the new craft! https://twitter.com/SonyXDevEurope/s...55075108503553
    Last edited by Snakenator1; 4th May 2017 at 06:31 PM.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Right, here we go. My lore video lives on as this fits in nicely!

The Tigron K-VSR appeared very late in the Tigron timeline and came under immediate scrutiny due to both its high performance and a layout that betrayed the design principles of their earlier craft. Competing technical designers began suggesting that the propulsion system couldn't possibly fuel the four visible thrusters without breaching capacity regulations and the hull's structure semeed to be built with the intention of aiding illegal ramming techniques. An investigation was started with the team's lead engineering representative appearing at the initial hearing, but the proceedings didn't last long.

"Where I come from we have a saying: you cannot feed your hunger by staring at another man's plate - jealousy will only see you starve. So take a good look at the Qirex assets we acquired. Take a good look at the K-VSR... and then take a good look at yourselves." Tigron Chief Engineer

With that statement he launched a pair of popular, branded digital spectacles at the board members and stormed out. The imminent corruption scandal that eventually brought down Tigron ensured the investigation never reached a decision. All assets and paperwork vanished but that didn't stop the short-lived K-VSR from becoming a cult favourite and a sought-after relic. Rumours still cross the underground datacasts suggesting that for the right money and with the right contacts you can fly an original chassis that was smuggled out of the factory during the collapse. For even more money, they'll tell you the truth behind it.

"Popular branded digital spectacles"... Burnston Burns' Four-Ize perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Snakenator1 View Post
    The design of the new Tigron looks similar to Triakis with it being a triple hull design. Anybody else agree??
    Well, as it's now emerged that the K-VSR came first, was it Triakis who copied Tigron?
    Last edited by Hellfire_WZ; 4th May 2017 at 06:48 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

The interesting thing is, what track is Tigron pictured on ?
    33638896213_81538f2f40_h.jpg

It sure isn't a HD or FURY track, yet you see Tigron running on other HD / Fury tracks in the YouTube videos, and it's already been stated that the craft from 2048 won't be running on the HD/FURY tracks.

I just woke up and turned on my PS4 and saw that DINGDONGDANG had replied to my message last night about what's happening with the Beta.
    He said he hadn't yet tried the online of the Omega pack yet, as it's only up for 90 minutes each day, he did say that it looks amazing, and it runs incredibly smoothly.

Now we know about Tigron, I'll ask him if it and Van Uber are available in the game straight away and if it is a addition to the craft list, or if it's a replacement for craft that might been removed .....as I can't recognize the track above that Tigron is pictured on, it will be interesting to see what his reply is.
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 5th May 2017 at 08:49 AM.

PSN ID
    Renegade_Fire_

This is great, i was on board with the game from the start anyway, but now we have some cool new toys to mess about with too.

And that Tigron looks niiiiiiice

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    tug_14

hi, i think it's sebenco reverse Blackwiggle ...

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I just saw that DINGDONGDANG is either still testing the game [that's dedication] or has got up early to resume testing.

So I just asked him if Tigron & Van uber are available to be used straight away, if any of the old craft have disappeared, if there are any new tracks / weapons or anything of note, if 2048 can change HUD's like HD ?
    Since he hasn't tried online, asking him about the medals and leveling system is rather pointless ATM.

The thing is, although after checking his trophy list [he has 254 games ...and I thought I was bad ], I see he did play HD/FURY when it first came out, likewise for 2048, but I wouldn't call him a diehard Wipeout fan like we are here, so I'm not sure how he will take the questions, and likewise notice what has or hasn't changed.
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 5th May 2017 at 08:46 AM.

PSN ID
    Edwardsteve

Attachment 10672You mean this track?
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    The interesting thing is, what track is Tigron pictured on ?
    33638896213_81538f2f40_h.jpg

It sure isn't a HD or FURY track, yet you see Tigron running on other HD / Fury tracks in the YouTube videos, and it's already been stated that the craft from 2048 won't be running on the HD/FURY tracks.

I just woke up and turned on my PS4 and saw that Evret had replied to my message last night about what's happening with the Beta.
    He said he hadn't yet tried the online of the Omega pack yet, as it's only up for 90 minutes each day, he did say that it looks amazing, and it runs incredibly smoothly.

Now we know about Tigron, I'll ask him if it and Van Uber are available in the game straight away and if it is a addition to the craft list, or if it's a replacement for craft that might been removed .....as I can't recognize the track above that Tigron is pictured on, it will be interesting to see what his reply is.