Page 2 of 64 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: Wipeout Omega Collection announced for PS4! - Release date 7th June 2017

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

2048 on the big screen?! YES!

Looking forward to Phantom class and staring at the lovely ships in 4K, oh the hype is real ^^

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Hm. I don’t quite know what to say about that announcement right now. Well, it’s WipEout after all, so it must be good news I guess. But it seems more like cash cow phenomenon. I haven’t played the WOHD add-on for WO2048 on PSVITA, but wasn’t it just a seperate game there as well?

I somehow can’t stand the idea of racing the same tracks another decade with no new gameplay. I’d rather keep my eye open for a cheap PSTV that may support the 2048 hack before spending 200€+ to play games that are almost ten years old (in the case of WOHD).

Maybe I’ll change my mind about it, but right now, meh. If at all, it makes the annoucement of a new installment seem even more far away now. Sadly.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Guess it's time to get my projector fixed.

I'm just wondering how much better this would be in 4K over the standard PS4, and if it's playable in 3D or VR, as I'm sure that Sony would have tweaked it especially for the new PS4 and possibly the VR headset, as Sony has always used Wipeout to showcase it's newest tech.....things haven't changed, even though it's not a new addition to the series.

As for them fixing 2048's problems of no Racebox and fixing the HD server issues [music when you race anybody], I'd love to have the confidence to think that they had, but if true to previous form, I suspect that Sony would have only requested a direct port, much like it did for a Pulse on the PS2.

This is truly incredible news. Can't wait to watch and share live streams of remastered flipping 2048 on my PS4 Pro!

Gobsmacked

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I guess this will also mean the end to the PS3's HD/FURY - VITA's 2048 online/crossplay servers

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    theconzio

Don't get me wrong I am excited for this, but I wish they had chosen the original trilogy rather than the latest two games. Imagine those on the PS4 , but I find it a bit odd that Sony refers to HD Fury and 2048 as "classics" on their twitter page. Nevertheless, I have a reason to buy a PS4 now (and also the Crash Bandicoot trilogy remaster)

If anyone fancies a wallpaper: qzra5v.jpg
    Last edited by TheConzio; 4th December 2016 at 09:37 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 9.5
    PSN ID
    keg11

As much as this is the best news since 2048's release, there's one reality that bugs me:

"A 2016 remaster of a 2008/9 game (HD), based on gamed form 2005 and 2007"

Let's hope this is the start of something...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    tug_14

Wipeout Omega ???? like omega ... the last one ??? or suppose an " Alpha collection " game with tracks from WO 1&2 ( i know , i'm dreaming )

So a quick look on vid , ships look a bit smaller on track it seem to me ?

PSN ID
    slimjim2097

This is good news never had a vita

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Any news about WipEout is good! At least the series will live on for the new generation. For us old dogs, nothing really new unfortunately!

The chance this will be a direct port is very big. So no major changes in the game structure.

What I really hope for is that the recordtables will start from scratch with leaving the recordtables from PS3 and VITA intact. So specific recordtables for the PS4 edition, no crossplay between platforms. This will make sure the game will run smoother.

The biggest improvement could be for 2048 playable on the big screen and hoping for an online racebox mode and not the grid voting system: race or combat.

If 2048 will have the online racebox mode like HD FURY! I will organise yet another European Wipeout Convention in Amsterdam.

Greetz Mad-Ice

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

You have the fact that to navigate the 2048 menu properly, it needs the VITA's back control, and a camera for online photo crap, this incompatibility, although small in the scheme of things, is why it was never made 'Officially' available to play on the PSTV.
    You can navigate 2048's menus with a PS4 controller when linked to a PSTV that has had the white paper hack done to it so it can play 2048, but I would hardly say it works well.

Those factors make me think that Sony would have to either make one of three possible changes.
    The first could be to 2048 it self so it could work properly on a PS4, they are remastering it anyway, so I suppose this might happen....long shot really, as Sony are too cheap to pay for this.

Second could be that Sony intend to bring out a new PS4 controller that has the same controls as the VITA has/had [Oh, More $$ for Sony - possible, if not now, in the future ]...... that way they could flog off all VITA titles to PS4 players and still have full compatibility with all those games....much like PSP titles on the PS3.

Third could be system software update that allowed current PS4 controllers to work in VITA compatibility mode, allowing all VITA functions to be mapped to the various buttons...[ Possible, but not likely as there is not enough money in it for Sony]

The fourth option....what could that be?
    Well the PS4 pro was sold as 4K ready, but strangely didn't have a 4K Bluray drive in it, so the only way to get that on the console is via download.......I don't think the Omega Pack is going to be a 4K downloadable game from the PStore.

Nope, given that Sony has pretty much always used Wipeout to push new tech, I don't see them changing things now, especially as it's going to cost them so little to do.

I reckon Sony is going to totally stuff everybody at this forums expectations up, by making this OMEGA PACK it's first 4K STREAMING GAME over the subscription PlayStation NOW service....... I've been calling this one for ages, as it's been on the cards for ages now, and I bet you this is will be what happens.

Fancy paying U.S.$45 for a 3 month subscription to play a game you already have been since at least 2009....I don't think so.

I hope I'm wrong, but there is a sense of inevitability about this.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    tug_14

then , will be an emulated game from both game to work on PS4 or a new old game remake on PS4 with new development to integrate the 3 games ? that 's the question ....
    Last edited by tug_14; 4th December 2016 at 08:22 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Maciek1702, Maciek1704

Also - I think that graphics will be totally diffrent. Remember Wipeout HD first trailer? There were included sounds from WO Pure and also track design looked much diffrent.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5V-vwdSS2V0

Timezone
    GMT + 3
    PSN ID
    chalovak

I really hope that this whole remaster thing is to check the state of the franchise: is it alive and kicking or not.
    If an outcome is positive then a proper new WipEout game awaits us. At least these are my hopes.

Anyway got really hyped after this news, even if it's a remaster.
    My PS3 is still plugged in to play HD Fury (guess the time to unplug it is near).
    2048 looks awesome and play wonderfully on a big TV via PSTV. With the remaster it will be even better.
    WipEouts 1, 2097, 3SE, Pure and Pulse are perfect for Vita.
    And still... I want more!

What bothers me though is this (taken from this article on the official PS blog, here):

There are nine modes available in total:
    Zone, Tournament, Speed Lap, Time Trial, and Single Race from HD
    Zone Battle, Eliminator, and Detonator from Fury
    Career Mode from 2048

No career modes for HD and Fury? How come?

PS. And yeah, the guy with the t-shirt killed me.
    Last edited by chalovak; 4th December 2016 at 09:30 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 9.5
    PSN ID
    keg11

Wipeout Central page is up. Check it out, add to it if you want

http://wipeout.wikia.com/wiki/Wipeout_Omega_Collection

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

HD & FURY had Campaign mode, but 2048's had online career mode that was different if I remember correctly, as you needed groups of four people to be online in the same game.

The omission of Campaign mode on HD & FURY listed in the official blog, could be a oversight, but when you get thinking about game play for a STREAMED GAME, campaign wouldn't really fit into what for all intended purposes would be predominantly a ONLINE ONLY VERSION of those games.

I remember around 6 months ago at least, that somebody at the UK Playstation forum mentioned something about Wipeout Fusion being remastered.
    Try as I might, I have never been able to find that post since, as it was mixed in with other gaming topics, and on a list of other PS2 titles that were shortlisted for remastering.
    If any of the pre PSP Wipeout titles had a chance of being remastered for the PS4, I guess it would be Fusion.

Can’t help but feel underwhelmed and disappointed, but yeah, like everyone said, some news is good news.

PSN ID
    Hybrid_Divide

It's good news. I don't think it'll be a streaming game. They could get 4k from a physical release. The Blu Ray drive just won't read 4k movies. Games are different.

I hope 2048's issues get fixed. But in any case, I'm buying day one.

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

I think its a step in the right direction to begin with, this all could be a test to see the viability of resurrecting the franchise, if the community is there to support this game from day one then maybe Sony will consider bringing WO back to its former glory. That's just speculation though but I am happy to now finally have a reason to start playing on the PS4 once the collection arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid Divide View Post
    I hope 2048's issues get fixed.
    Totally agree with you, 2048 is awesome IMO so seeing this game be fixed of its bugs would be very nice. While I doubt that they will put Racebox into the game it would be much appreciated.

At least this announcement is bringing the community back together!

That’s funny. I would have bought the game on day one (as well as a PS4... and a 4K TV...) had it been a new game.

But since it’s not a new game, I will probably wait 2 years for the PS4 and TV screens to become cheaper.

Not because I’m bitter, just because it’s three games I’ve already finished.

And to be honest, I got over the 1080p graphics really quickly in WHD. What’s important to me is design, gameplay and novelty.

Edit: and yes Snakenator1, I want to support the franchise, but I’ve got my limits I guess. A great company wouldn’t dwell on their previous products, they would innovate to surprise their customers.