Page 19 of 64 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: Wipeout Omega Collection announced for PS4! - Release date 7th June 2017

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Problem might be, and I am loathed to mention it since I have pre paid for two Steelbox copies for USA forum mates.

The Steelbox version would be PAL region, not NTSC., and subsequently 'MIGHT' not work with USA based NTSC PS4 units....why in this age of Plasma/LCD and LED /OLED technology that CRT screen refresh rate is still a cause for this, a now defunct technical issue, is beyond me.

Timezone
    GMT + 3
    PSN ID
    chalovak

blackwiggle Modern consoles care little about the region of your game and the type of TV you're using (unless it's a veeeery old tv). So your PAL WipEout (pun intended) will behave perfectly well on your NTSC PS4. The only thing is DLC, if there are any: you'll need to register a European PSN account and purchase this DLC in European PlayStation Store, DLC from American store won't work. That's the only inconvenience you have to deal with.

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

Yeah like chalovak said you can play any ps4 game from any region without any issue... but dlc you must buy it from the region the game is from.

you can even play yakuza 6 which is only available in japan and only japanese subtitles without any issues on a "pal" ps4

i dont think you can use old tv without hdmi support on ps4 anyway

playstation has been region free since the psp.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Thanks for the heads-up! Just pre-ordered from shopto as I couldn’t find the steelbook anywhere in Germany. All I need is a good PS4 deal now

PSN ID
    Hybrid_Divide

@Blackwiggle
    No worries man. Sony XDev already confirmed that the discs are region free!

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Well I'm glad to hear that, I have had enough of Sony's idiosyncratic way with various pieces of kits jumping through hoops procedure with software updates, DRM and region coding over the years.

PSN ID
    Hybrid_Divide

It isn't an entirely happy tale. The disc may be region free. But the download codes for the exclusive themes, according to Xdev, are tied to the European PSN store. So I'll ALSO have to preorder the US version of the game to get those. AS WELL AS the digital version to get that content.

It's irksome, really.
    Last edited by Hellfire_WZ; 27th April 2017 at 05:25 PM. Reason: No need to quote posts immediately before your own

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

For the exclusive themes, just use a EU account and download it from there. only avatars are tied to 1 account and some dlcs (the crew and street fighter v as i know) i use the omega dynamic theme from US store on my norwegian account no problem

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

Steelbook is available on amazon and its only 9.99 pounds https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0716D5P...tion+steelbook

this is a price error so theres a chance your order may be canceled

another retailer in UK thats offering steelbook

http://www.graingergames.co.uk/wipeout-omega-collection
    Last edited by Racingfan; 28th April 2017 at 10:05 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Just stumbled upon this „offer“ by accident as well. Fingers crossed! Is there a limited time frame to cancel a pre-order at shopto.net? I don’t want to cancel it right now just to be save.

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

yes in EU you can cancel pre orders.

i think they will fix it and cancel the order or ask you to pay 29.99 instead... but idk never bought a item with a price error before

edit: this bundle is also a error https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0727QZX...tion+steelbook

but it doesnt ship to anywhere... same with uk lol
    Last edited by Racingfan; 28th April 2017 at 10:38 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

FYI, the standalone steelbook is most likely exactly that, the steelbook on its own, no game or anything.
    With my Borderlands 2 ULCE, the steelbook also came separately, and you could move your game disc (which was just the normal retail box) to the steelbook if you so desired

Bundle does seem broken though

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Well you seem to be right. Just recently someone told me you would get the normal version plus steelbook with certain games, but I would have never thougt one could get it even without the game. That’s what special editions have become …

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

lol ultimate troll by XDEV but its probably true, if it was a error it be fixed by now... so the steelbook may not come without anything
    some collector editions come without the game itself nowadays, but never heard it happening with steelbooks before

anyway possibly that xdev is teasing fusion/pulse through ps2 emulator on ps4?

https://twitter.com/SonyXDevEurope/s...81952191381505 "we have even more wipEout surprises in the coming weeks" in gif it shows a dual shock 2, pulse on ps4 would be amazing...... if they fix the issues from ps2 version.

xdev is doing another giveaway again next week

https://twitter.com/SonyXDevEurope/s...20384054149122
    Last edited by Racingfan; 29th April 2017 at 10:25 AM.

wtf.
    The Steelbook doesn’t have the game? Are they fricking serious?

Timezone
    GMT + 9.5
    PSN ID
    keg11

Actually, thinking about it, it's the same deal as GTA V when it came to the steelbook. I got the game and the steelbook separately. Pointless, I know.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Game.co.uk all pre orders get the game, 4 free themes plus the steelbook for £29.99.

How can anyone think you would get a copy of the game and the steelbook for 9.99 lol XD an empty box is just reward for such stupidity

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MrOrbital

1st of May tomorrow! Time flies. I wonder if the final version is being played by testers now? Testing a few weeks, getting final version approved, a few weeks for manufacturing and finally a few weeks for global shipping prior released date. Not much time left now!

PSN ID
    Hybrid_Divide

Actually, I kinda like that the Steelbook is being sold on its own. Makes it easier for those of us who have to import.

@blackwiggle
    Did you already pay for your steelbook preorders?

PSN ID
    TheWalkingFroggy

I've noticed that in the soundtrack there will be also " Orbital - Petrol " .

Does someone know if it is the original one ( that I still love a lot ) of the remixed one from 2048? The remixed one is this

I think the remixed one fits more for WipEout races. I noticed that some tracks from 2048 are coming so just wondering. No custom soundtrack tho.. aww!
    Anyway can't wait to get this game. I hope to see you all there!