Page 18 of 64 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: Wipeout Omega Collection announced for PS4! - Release date 7th June 2017

PSN ID
    Renegade_Fire_

The Van Uber pic is still on the ShopTo site as well, so i think it's safe to say it's official. Not a fan of that particular design myself, looks nothing like Van Uber from Fusion or Pure at all really. Hopefully there's some variations and anyway i'm always ok with there been more choices in the game

http://www.shopto.net/video-games/ps...ega-collection

PSN ID
    Kazzy-Mac

I dunno, it looks pretty cool.

I was never really a fan of the Van Uber ship designs, they always looked a little gainly and strange compared to the other ships, much like how I despise the appearance of the Mirage ship in HD (The Fury one is pretty baller though).

But that one actually looks pretty racy and looks like it fits with the rest of the HD/Fury crew. Will be interesting to see if it's competitive though, heh.

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    manolis_angel

Comparing the two versions of 2048, I think the original has better lighting. Strange, I hope we can get gameplay videos.

nu9get Guest

yes, it's official

van_uber.png

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DarkRacer95

That Van-Uber pick is of the Fury variant. It has a red afterburner trail. So that means two versions confirmed. XD

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

some other things thats been confirmed thats not in first post, and some unconfirmed at the moment in 1 list (i may have forgotten some)

confirmed:

Ps4 pro downsampling support for 1080p users "PS4 Pro Downsampling? Hell yes!!" - John from XDEV https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2017...he-soundtrack/
    most or all? soundtracks from ps3 and vita is replaced by new ones (licensing issues)
    Leaderboards is back in omega, and possibly online leaderboards for 2048 too. https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2017...he-soundtrack/
    You cant use 2048 ships in hd fury and vice versa. "2048 ships can only be used on 2048 tracks and vice versa for HD/Fury. The reason for this is the handling of the ships are very different and designed for the tracks specifically." https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2017...he-soundtrack/

Custom soundtracks from HD/Fury is removed (sony policy) http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/11/...ions-not-easy/
    Fury main menu background is removed (why?!??!?!?!) https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2017...he-soundtrack/
    WipEout omega collection will have 1 trophy list and it will be a mix from hd/fury/2048 into one list. http://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/...4-on-june-6th/
    2048's intro is not in omega collection. https://twitter.com/jonnymack74/stat...59542493376515

Not confirmed at the moment:

Online leveling up system/Badge system from HD/Fury
    Van uber playable in 2048 tracks
    Leveling system from 2048
    2097/wip3out HUD from hd/fury
    Online campaign mode from 2048

Also someone posted on us blog asking about 2048 racebox, and john said all modes is in the racebox(A+ time trial etc etc etc) and maybe change options with weapon restriction) http://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/...4-on-june-6th/ (look at last posts in comment)

I really hope he also means weapon restriction is in racebox as well, i would turn off mines/bombs/quakes

2048 online had some modes with weapon restriction but those would very rarely show up.. and they're only 1 lap

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    Although the list of trophies for the Omega pack are not yet made available, according to a poster at the PStrophies site they asked at the blog and were told that there will be One Platinum, and the rest of the trophies will be made up of different achievements over the three games.
    http://www.playstationtrophies.org/f...395-post1.html

I'm kind of expecting them to make the trophy list longer, with lots of easily achieved Bronze trophies, and remove what are considered the hardest ones like Zone Zeus , Beat Zico, Airbraker etc...maybe replace them with more Online orientated trophies, like get a certain amount of online Medals, or a certain group of 5 or 10 of them.....stuff like that
    If they replace some then i hope online trophies is removed from it... not really a fan of them, especially bling brigade... I would like to see a fury elite trophy, and elite pass every 2048 event (including A+)

edit: DJ kentaro is in omega collection as well https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-...508-EASTSALE17
    edit2: according to play asia, wipEout will have a asia version of Omega collection http://www.play-asia.com/wipeout-ome...subs/13/70b3ur
    that be the 5th time i buy omega collection now... my poor wallet
    Last edited by Racingfan; 20th April 2017 at 03:15 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Quote Originally Posted by Racingfan View Post
    If they replace some then i hope online trophies is removed from it... not really a fan of them, especially bling brigade... I would like to see a fury elite trophy, and elite pass every 2048 event (including A+)

edit: DJ kentaro is in omega collection as well https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-...508-EASTSALE17
    edit2: according to play asia, wipEout will have a asia version of Omega collection http://www.play-asia.com/wipeout-ome...subs/13/70b3ur
    that be the 5th time i buy omega collection now... my poor wallet
    I think there will be more online trophies than HD/FURY only because the amount of trophies from 2048 that were online orientated.
    The way PS game trophies work is that ever game that is a Platinum title, has a exact amount of points that make up to a know total, so say a full Platinum game has a total of 500 points, the game designer can allocate those points anyway they wish, as long as the total comes to 500.
    For instance- Bronze trophies might be worth 20 points, Silver 50, Gold 75, Platinum 100 [In actuality they are all probabley worth less than that] - the total trophies could be 1X Plat - 2 X Gold, 3 X Silver and 5 bronze to make up the 500 points.

Anyway my point being, since HD had so many Gold & Silver trophies, and Fury trophies were previously a separate add on trophy list, and now we have 2048's are being mixed in to make up the single Omega pack trophy list, a lot of the High value Gold trophies are going to have to go to make room for the others, which means things like Beat Zico , Zone Zeus maybe Arcade Perfect etc

As for Bling Brigade, I think if they did include it, getting it on the PS4 would be a lot easier than the mucking about needed on the PS3, if only because you can set up 'Groups ' on the PS4, one especially for BB could easily be made
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 20th April 2017 at 07:35 AM.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

@Racingfan - Thanks, I'll update the front page later on

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post

Anyway my point being, since HD had so many Gold & Silver trophies, and Fury trophies were previously a separate add on trophy list, and now we have 2048's are being mixed in to make up the single Omega pack trophy list, a lot of the High value Gold trophies are going to have to go to make room for the others, which means things like Beat Zico , Zone Zeus maybe Arcade Perfect etc
    They can always change the trophy values to bronze though. Rise of tomb raider ps4 main list has trophies 64 bronze, 1 gold and 1 platinum) it also have 50 trophies as DLC.
    But yeah, even if they copy all HD/fury trophies, they can add 15-17 extra trophies on the list required for platinum so they have to remove 13-15 trophies from 2048 if they did that or make those trophies act as a dlc list.

i think each DLC list has a minimum of 200 or 300 points

Timezone
    GMT + 3
    PSN ID
    chalovak

It is funny that Van-Uber ship has FX400 logo on its side, although this team never appeared in WipEout Pulse.

PSN ID
    Revolucion070

I remember one of Feisar ships on 2048 (at least on a cover) to have that template too. Probably just time saving thing-something had to be put there, and there was no time to design some sponsor logo that would fit, so they just easily used FX400 RL logo. Probably only enthusiasts like us recognize things like these so... It actually doesn't degrade games value, at least for normal player.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Quote Originally Posted by Racingfan View Post
    They can always change the trophy values to bronze though. Rise of tomb raider ps4 main list has trophies 64 bronze, 1 gold and 1 platinum) it also have 50 trophies as DLC.
    But yeah, even if they copy all HD/fury trophies, they can add 15-17 extra trophies on the list required for platinum so they have to remove 13-15 trophies from 2048 if they did that or make those trophies act as a dlc list.

i think each DLC list has a minimum of 200 or 300 points
    I think if they changed the value of trophies like Beat Zico, Zone Zeus etc to Bronze,or even Silver, then they would go down as the toughest Bronze/Silver trophies in any Playstation game.
    From what I'm reading at the PStropies forum, I doubt many trophy hunters are going to even contemplate getting the Omega Pack, most have deemed it too hard, even though nobody yet knows what the trophies will be.

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

Nah, would probably be in top 50 in hardest/longest bronze/silver trophies, some games like raiden iv 1 credit clear on the lower difficulties is x100 harder than zico/zeus, and its only a bronze and silver (hardest difficulty is a gold though) and any pinball games which has mostly bronze/silvers is much harder than wipEout. Zone zeus isnt really hard anymore either,and if its back, and if it works on sol in 2048, it be even easier than syncopia

yeah trophy communities dont like it being hard and may skip the whole game because of a trophy like zone zeus

i remember when need for speed (which has a super easy platinum) released the prestige DLC, it made the 100% hard then people started complaining at ea demanding it to be easy...its not really hard anyway its a bit easier than wipEout's difficulty imo.... they never nerfed the requirements btw.

Oh and that trophy is also a bronze

trophy list will most likely show on trophy sites a week before release like most games... but it may appear a month before release as well, but thats rare

one thing i dont think xdev has confirmed is... if you can play detonator/zone battle on 2048 tracks... that would be really cool to see but doubt it ;(

Quote Originally Posted by chalovak View Post
    It is funny that Van-Uber ship has FX400 logo on its side, although this team never appeared in WipEout Pulse.
    haha didn't notice that
    Last edited by Racingfan; 21st April 2017 at 12:41 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    manolis_angel

Quote Originally Posted by Revo View Post
    I remember one of Feisar ships on 2048 (at least on a cover) to have that template too. Probably just time saving thing-something had to be put there, and there was no time to design some sponsor logo that would fit, so they just easily used FX400 RL logo. Probably only enthusiasts like us recognize things like these so... It actually doesn't degrade games value, at least for normal player.
    What if this is an easter egg?

About Van Uber, I think we should wait until we see what the HD ship looks like. It may be the FX300 model which exists anyway. If it is, maybe they stopped racing because of regulation changes. (but that's just a theory, and possibly a reason to never take me seriously, lol)
    Also, do you think the game will have the Syncopia glitch?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of Temtesh View Post
    ...do you think the game will have the Syncopia glitch?
    i think so. hopefully it'll 'feature' new glitches as well, like playing 2048 tracks with hd/fury ships and vice versa...

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    manolis_angel

Despite its name I don't think it is possible for a game to do something like that on its own, so it's probably just a secret track.
    If the game can be modded someone will try it. I don't know what will happen to the leaderboards though. This might be a bad idea...

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

nah maybe SL planned to release those zone tracks on other modes than zone, but they scapped the idea and left it there unfinished. vita version removed the track from races, so the game will crash when loading it now from cross play.
    i bet the other 3 zone tracks do exist on sl/tt but no one has found a glitch to access them... but they do have leaderboards on tt and sl, but sadly nobody is on those leaderboards

dlc idea for omega :hint:hint

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

if they really doing dlc stuff for omega, they should focus on all the tracks from pure/pulse in the first place...

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Bottom line is, Sony is still calling the shots.
    For all we know there could be other tracks for 2048 already partially built in among the SL archives, if any new Wipeout content were to emerge, I imagine it would be for the 2048 craft handling.

I doubt SL were working on any other HD/FURY tracks [conversions from Pure / Pulse] as HD whole reason for being was to be the first download only game at the PStore, and as such would of had a file size limit/target imposed on it before work was begun.

If anything new were to appear, I think Sony would be wanting to do something radical with a new Wipeout, as it has tended to do so with previous releases over the years.
    I wouldn't be surprised if the next new Wipeout [Inevitable now that Sony has proven that it hasn't forgotten the franchise] would be VR compatible, just to help bolster VR headset sales, which I think have stalled [I certainly don't see people on my friends list that I know have VR headsets ever using them since they first bought them], I don't know about the UK or USA, but here in Australia, I'm no longer seeing VR demonstrations being made available for people to try, it's as if the whole VR thing has already run it's course and has been relegated to history.

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

Steelbook is now available for pre order on game (uk)
    http://www.game.co.uk/webapp/wcs/sto...xCatalogSearch

and on shopto.net http://www.shopto.net/video-games/ps...elbook-edition

shop to's shipping costs 3 pounds to scandinavia... i wanted two, but they didnt offer multiple games in 1 package so i would need to pay shipping twice
    so i ordered off game... shipping is only 2.95 to scandinavia
    i also checked the shipping price for you american WO fans, its only 4.95 pounds if you order from game.co.uk so it be 34.94 pounds overall for steelbook release.

edit: shop to will take your money when the game is shipped, same with game
    Last edited by Racingfan; 26th April 2017 at 07:52 AM.