Page 12 of 64 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

Thread: Wipeout Omega Collection announced for PS4! - Release date 7th June 2017

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

With the current trend, purchase wise being towards higher resolution [4k], bargains can be found on Ebay regarding getting a gaming projection system up and running, as those with a penchant for home Theater, tend to be early adoptees, and upgrade their projectors relatively early, so a lot of suitable PJ's are coming on the market as their owners upgrade to 4k, you just need to know which projectors are the ones to get.

To be honest any PJ made for HT duties made from around 2007 onwards will make a good gaming PJ, it's the latency that can be a issue, and usually this only is a problem with the high end PJ's, as these were designed to just play movies basically, so input lag was not a priority in their design brief, as it's not needed when used purely for movies .....you can tweak some PJ's to respond better, but that involves getting into the service menu, and that's getting a bit beyond the scope of this post.

Also, the different between 1080i /1080p and 4k isn't huge, resolution wise, actually most people would be hard pressed to notice the differences unless they were pointed out to them, and a lot depends on viewing distance from the screen if it is noticeable at all.
    Where 4k wins is with the expanded colour gamut, it makes gradients much smoother, where large expanses of graduated colours can look pixilated on the lower resolution screens.......I'm still not convinced I need to upgrade to 4k just yet, as unlike most people, I also have my own video calibration gear [I've been a HiFi nut since the mid 70's- and became a videophile over the last 20 years], so my aging Sony PJ is still looking better than most peoples new 4K PJ's, well at least in colour accuracy.

Look on Ebay for Sony PJ's VPL HS51a as they were called in the USA, or VPL HS60 as they were called here in OZ, and I think in the UK, they are 1080i units [Playstations auto detect & output to the display resolution-so no stuffing about needed changing settings], you should be able to pick one up for around Aus$ 350 -£220 [A LOT cheaper than when I bought my unit new for Aus $3500 ]...I see replacement lamps are around £80-90.....that will give you around 3000 hours of game play.....great gaming PJ's....try playing Wipeout HD/Fury/2048 in 1st person cockpit view on one of these.

My original HS60 died on me just as I replaced the lamp...... I left it for a while, thinking it would cost me a arm and a leg to get Sony to repair it, and I might be better served saving the money towards a new 4K PJ.......but curiosity go the better of me, and one day a few months ago I found another used unit on Ebay, complete with spare Lamp [that in itself is over Aus$500 here] It didn't sell at first, then it got re posted, so I cheekily sent the seller a message saying I'd pay the buy it now price of Aus$350 if they dropped the postage costs, they said yes....turned out that it had come straight from a Sony service centre here in OZ and had been recently reconditioned by them, but the owner never turned up to pay for it......you never now your luck until you test it.

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

Here's a random thought, will we get a new set of trophies to unlock or will they just reuse the old ones??

I know not everybody who plays HD or 2048 are fussed about them but they do make for some interesting challenges.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

As a admitted Trophy hunter , although not as bad as some.

I hope both the Omega pack, and Formula Fusion have 'Realistically Achievable' Trophies.

I'm sort of dreading having to sort out online meetings again to Re-Achieve "Bling Brigade"....I think I wouldn't be the only person dreading this one.

The differences between a 2009 PS3 user interface, and a 2017 PS4 user interface, 'Should' make getting this trophy again a lot easier.....emphasis on the 'Should'...doesn't mean it will be.

EDIT: Actually, with the latest PS4 system update, there is a OMEGA PACK user/fan group? one can join....Also some sort of petition towards Sony to get a NEW Wipeout game made.

Totally remiss of me to have not posted about this anywhere at the forum.

I'll do so eventually when I know 'Exactly' what is going on with this situation.....easy for current PS4 owners to checkout themselves....it's staring you in the face.
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 16th March 2017 at 12:59 PM.

PSN ID
    scalliano

I remember reading somewhere that SL were indeed working on a new game for the PS4 and that progress was already around a year or so deep when they were shuttered. I would hope that the release of Omega is perhaps Sony "testing the water", so to speak, and that we might see an all new game in the future if Omega does well. It may also be a response to all of the "spiritual successors" showing up on places like Steam and the like, such as FF, Redout (not a bad effort in itself), hell, even the FAST games fall into that equation. There is clearly still a market for these types of games and IMO it makes total sense for Sony to show up and say, "hey, remember us?"

As an aside, in the event of Omega's success, I wonder if we'll be seeing an F-Zero Switch further down the line ...

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I think it was pretty much confirmed by the studio doing the Omega pack, that the 'Full Console' game SL were working on was actually a version of 2048, as it's this code they are using as a basis.

Now if SL were going to include 'Racebox' in the full console version, I guess we shall never know, but surely after all these years since it's release, and the huge outpouring of disappointment at various gaming forum at the time about how dumb a idea it was to not include it, one would hope that the remastering will sort this out.

I remember at the time that Colin Berry had posted here that Sony had told SL that there was to be no more Wipeouts for the foreseeable future, as it felt that 'Racing Games' were not selling, and it was only because of the release of the VITA, that SL got a hurried brief to build a Wipeout game for it's launch, I think that need for speed to build 2048 might be the main reason 'Racebox' was left out.

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

OMG i hope they add racebox to 2048!

PSN ID
    Kazzy-Mac

Racebox would be nice. Considering it's being packaged with the HD remake it'd be a bit silly to not throw the 2048 stuff into that menu.

On the subject of trophies; don't be surprised if they just throw all of the HD/Fury and 2048 trophies in together ... though that would probably be too many for the game. So what do people think the most likely way of dealing with trophies is? Just sticking all the existing HD/Fury and 2048 trophies in without changing any, cherry-picking the best/most relevant trophies from the two games, or do you think they'll actually go ahead and design completely new trophies to provide the veterans with something new?

... I'm unfortunately of the boat that they'll probably just copy/paste most of the existing trophies, really. :/ But it's a genuine thing to think about.

Still lukewarm to WO Omega.

Just imagine if they had announed a whole new WipEout, with new graphics, new ships, new tracks, new modes... WipEout 2099, or whatever it would be called, would have our hearts going so ****ing fast.

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

Quote Originally Posted by KazzyMac View Post
    Racebox would be nice. Considering it's being packaged with the HD remake it'd be a bit silly to not throw the 2048 stuff into that menu.

On the subject of trophies; don't be surprised if they just throw all of the HD/Fury and 2048 trophies in together ... though that would probably be too many for the game. So what do people think the most likely way of dealing with trophies is? Just sticking all the existing HD/Fury and 2048 trophies in without changing any, cherry-picking the best/most relevant trophies from the two games, or do you think they'll actually go ahead and design completely new trophies to provide the veterans with something new?

... I'm unfortunately of the boat that they'll probably just copy/paste most of the existing trophies, really. :/ But it's a genuine thing to think about.
    rise of the tomb raider on ps4 had 125 trophies at release, but they had to add like 50 of them to act as dlc trophies due to trophy limits by sony

edit: and yes they will most likely be same... just like most remasters
    Last edited by Racingfan; 24th March 2017 at 02:27 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    theconzio

Quote Originally Posted by AdHoc View Post
    Still lukewarm to WO Omega.

Just imagine if they had announed a whole new WipEout, with new graphics, new ships, new tracks, new modes... WipEout 2099, or whatever it would be called, would have our hearts going so ****ing fast.
    That's why I think it's important that the Omega Collection should have a decently sized player base for Sony to see that a new title has potential. Clever Beans have said this too, and they would likely be the ones behind a new one if the Omega Collection is successful.

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

GAME are now taking pre-orders if you want a copy day one (£5 deposit), I took the plunge because I'm sure there will be plenty of copies.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    theconzio

I've made a little video for those outside of this forum about what we have discussed here.

Hopefully more people will see it and get on the Omega Collection band-wagon.

Good job. You’re right, we need to talk about this game.

The problem with Sony and Clever Beans is that they’re pinning the hopes of a future WO game on the success of something that’s not even a re-hash. It’s just a re-edition.

"We’re going to give you nothing new and if you buy it, then we’ll make something really new."

Great.

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

Quote Originally Posted by TheConzio View Post
    I've made a little video for those outside of this forum about what we have discussed here.

Hopefully more people will see it and get on the Omega Collection band-wagon.

Make some sick zone gifs and share it on reddit/fb/twitter etc

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    tug_14

Hi , i 've read some news about price and date ... it's from Inside playstation mag but no facts so ... take it carefuly . WO Omega should be sold from 40 Euro and released 7 of June

https://www.jeuxvideo-live.com/news/...es-juin--84272

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

Quote Originally Posted by tug_14 View Post
    Hi , i 've read some news about price and date ... it's from Inside playstation mag but no facts so ... take it carefuly . WO Omega should be sold from 40 Euro and released 7 of June

https://www.jeuxvideo-live.com/news/...es-juin--84272
    price will be same as crash bandicoots which is good. as for release date... i really wanted to play dirt 4 tho. but if the 7 june date is true then dirt 4 has to wait

if true we should expect 2048 News soon
    Last edited by Racingfan; 28th March 2017 at 03:58 PM.

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

WE'VE GOT A CONFIRMED RELEASE DATE!! JUNE 6TH (US) AND JUNE 7TH (worldwide)

Also a new trailer was released showcasing some 2048 gameplay too, I am really hyped to play 2048 with the upgraded visuals and with a proper controller ^^
    EDIT: Might want to put the release date on the thread title?

Last edited by Snakenator1; 30th March 2017 at 04:32 PM.

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

OH MY ****ING GOD

i Guess racebox online for 2048 as well?

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    theconzio

The video just popped up on my feed, so excited!

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

2048 at 60 fps looks so god damn awesome

EDIT: theyre not releasing on same day. us gets it a day earlier... so i will pre order it off US store to play it a day early

EDIT2: i just pre ordered it on US store.. and the dynamic theme u get is the main menu of wipEout HD With a New soundtrack :d:d:d

EDIT3: if you highlighting friends, Notifications, etc the theme changes and it will show each of the 3 ships in the theme

edit4: theme is on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iHGwN3_G_s
    Last edited by Racingfan; 30th March 2017 at 04:21 PM.