Page 11 of 64 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Thread: Wipeout Omega Collection announced for PS4! - Release date 7th June 2017

PSN ID
    TheAngelOutside

On Amazon, yeah. I'd check elsewhere if you wanna find it for a little cheaper. That's certainly what I'll be doing ie: going to Game in the UK as I mentioned above.

PSN ID
    a-m-j-w

If it has multiplayer then this might just be the reason that I get a ps4!

nu9get Guest

obviously has it...but you have to pay ps plus, aka 50 € 1 year multiplayer

PSN ID
    a-m-j-w

Quote Originally Posted by nu9get View Post
    obviously has it...but you have to pay ps plus, aka 50 € 1 year multiplayer

forgot about that. will still definitely pay that for this game alone though!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saltir3Warri0r View Post
    On Amazon, yeah. I'd check elsewhere if you wanna find it for a little cheaper. That's certainly what I'll be doing ie: going to Game in the UK as I mentioned above.
    I always got the impression that GAME is an absolute rip off and that amazon/tesco prices are substantially better. I haven't bought games in a while now though so I could very well be wrong

PSN ID
    Knux_Chaotix

GAME are a bit expensive, but dosnt stop me. Im going to go along and ask the guys in store about Wipeout Omega and see what they know.

PSN ID
    TheAngelOutside

Price doesn't really bother me as sacrifices must be made for WipEout! XD

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

As Conzio said, EB games here in OZ has it tentatively priced at $99.95 ,which is around $20 more than a new major release like say Uncharted 4.

Sony are renown price gougers at the best of times, I've had many a heated argument at the Playstation Forums about game prices at the PStore V's Physical copies at a games store, with the results usually ending with a mod chipping in that 'It's the distributors that set the price", and me pointing out many a time, Sony has been the distributor of a game suffering a particularly bad case of price gouging.

Honestly, I'm in no hurry to get the omega pack, I'm quite happy to wait till the price drops, besides people are having problems getting 4K games to play on their TV's, as there is some sort of 4K flagging recognition issue [HDMI related] with both the PS4pro, XboneS, and several supposedly 4K disc spinners, so for all intended purposes, and for the vast majority, the Omega pack will only get played back in 1080p max.

PSN ID
    Kazzy-Mac

Quote Originally Posted by amjw View Post
    I always got the impression that GAME is an absolute rip off and that amazon/tesco prices are substantially better. I haven't bought games in a while now though so I could very well be wrong
    I guess it varies, I haven't really seen much of a difference between buying from GAME and buying from Amazon once P&P is factored in (unless you don't mind waiting two weeks for Royal Mail to possibly lose it in transit and all that ¬_¬; )

I don't trust Tesco. That, and it's easier for me to just walk to GAME here. Heh.

And lucky for me I already pay for PS+, what with playing a lot of Destiny, the Division, etc, etc. :V

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

Tesco are an absolute ripoff when it comes to buying games, I've seen them charging £39.99 for Mario Kart 7 despite that game being 5yrs old. I use GAME because I seem to be one of the few people who never got screwed by them and generally have a good experience with them.
    Also like Kazzy said; P&P generally makes the game price to the same level as GAME's prices so I see know point in using Amazon, especially since delivery times vary wildly with Royal Mail.

Timezone
    GMT + 3
    PSN ID
    MDAym777

Here's to hoping for a MENA release.

PSN ID
    scalliano

Hi, everyone!

Got my preorder in for the physical disc as I'm pretty stoked to finally have the opportunity to play 2048 on a screen I don't have to squint at. Sincerely hoping that integrated custom music is an option - the USB music player just doesn't cut it in Zone mode for me and IMO it would be a backward step from HD Fury if we can't implement it in the same way (my custom playlist is basically the entire series discography ). Still, it's not a deal breaker as the 2048 half (yes, I said, 'half') is the big selling point for me.

Sony confirms the release date shown on their website is an error. A release date is yet to be announced.

Source: http://www.psu.com/news/32427/wipeou...n-release-date

So we’re now back to "Summer 2017".

Source: https://www.playstation.com/en-us/ga...ollection-ps4/
    Last edited by AdHoc; 10th March 2017 at 12:21 AM.

PSN ID
    chboing

ooooooooohhhh this is nice. Too bad i don't have ps4... not sure i'll buy one for this remix

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Santuz_rocks

I can't decide between a PS4 for wipeout Omega and a gaming PC for Formula Fusion Honestly i'm more interested in Formula Fusion, because i'm curious to see the new work from those guys...but a gaming pc is too expensive, even if online play will be free!

PSN ID
    stin_wz

formula fusion can use ps4 and also xbox1 too!

stevie 😀

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I think that will be a way off before Formula Fusion appears on consoles, they need to get a publisher first to do that.
    Current role out plan is PC - Steam only at first.

I honestly don't know how FF would fair if released on the PS4 at the same time as the Omega Pack, since Wipeout has pretty much only been a Playstation title, I imagine sales would be relatively good, and die hard AG racers are going to want to play 2048 competitively, which means putting in long hours playing it [assuming they change the way 2048's online play works so it's the same as HD/FURY - if not, maybe people will drop it fast]

If that's the case, I can't imagine people putting in the required amount of hours into FF at the same time, it will be the case of one game or the other, and since most Wipeout players already know each other and have a lot of other Wipeout players on their friends lists, I could see the Omega pack winning out, and FF gathering dust, if many sales at all.....this is just if scenario were to play out, and only related to the PS4....they would probably end up selling better on the Xbone, if only for the lack of a competitor in a AG racer on that platform.

R8 are better severed to wait till the novelty of the Omega pack dies down, then release FF on the PS4.

Formula Fusion is far too different to Wipeout in what R8 have planned for it, they want it to be far more about online play in teams and other various play modes, where Wipeout HD/FURY and hopefully if Racebox is added to 2048, the main emphasis has historically been the challenge playing solo of getting great leader board times doing TT or SL.......Not that FF doesn't have that, but that's not what it's main design brief is.

PSN ID
    scalliano

Well, that sucks - might even have to wait until August or beyond

I really want to try out FF (and GRiP, for that matter), but there's a problem - I'm a bit wary of Early Access and the general consensus on Steam is that it's a bit strapped for content right now. I'd rather drop the £15 when it's complete than risk the possibility of the novelty wearing off long before then.

Also, I'm kind of hoping that Omega is a proper amalgamation of the two games. Racebox is a glaring omission from 2048, especially on a handheld system and I certainly don't know all the campaign nodes off by heart. Just let me pick a track and a ship and job's a good'un. I don't want to have to fumble through a load of hexagons just to find the Zone circuit I want (quite like Zone ).

Finally, this is probably pie-in-the-sky stuff, but down the line I'd love to see some form of retro-flavoured DLC (tracks, ships, music packs, etc) kind of like what we saw with Pure, but I'm not holding my breath.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Well Formula Fusion has 7 tracks finished, or at least very close to being finished, and each of those tracks can be played in reverse, and the option to play the day time or nigh time version of each of those tracks, so initial content should be enough for most people, plus there are going to be 5 speed classes, of which we have only tested 3 to date.

We on the test pilot program had a build back in Nov last year that had around a dozen new tracks in bare bones form to test and give our opinions on, at least two of those tracks I have seen in a recent video, have made it to full rendering stage.

Actually I'm expecting some form of new test build to appear shortly, as it's been nearly 3 months since the last one...... hopefully the weapon systems would have had a lot of work done on them, as they sorely need it, as they are pretty much ineffectual in the last build.

Some of the FF tracks are quite a bit longer than your usual Wipeout tracks, think similar to the length of the 3rd version of the tracks in Wipeout Fusion, I reported at the FF forum that I thought these tracks were a bit boring, and got a response that R8 intend these long tracks to be sort of learners tracks, and/or, used as testing tracks for craft upgrades, which can speed up a standard craft to incredible speeds [way faster than super phantom ].

I've hardly touch FF since December, as I've found I've lost interest in gaming generally over the last few months, hopefully the next update might shake me out of it.
    And to be honest, being part of the testing process has taken the edge off the game for me, it's been like playing with a broken toy that's constantly being fixed by your parents, so if your anything like me, I'd wait for the full release rather that early access, rather than risk dampening your enjoyment on what should eventually turn out to be a fine game, by playing it before it's finished.

As for the Omega pack, well I can't stand playing Wipeout on a handheld, it drives me to distraction.
    I've got Pure & Pulse plus all the DLC on both a PSPGO! using video out to a TV, using a PS3 controller, then more recently got a Vita TV unit with the same games, plus 2048 [via a hack] running the same way, but using a PS4 controller.
    The only problem with 2048 played that way is getting through the menus, as 2048 used all the VITA controls for menu navigation, including the rear one, which isn't duplicated on the PS4 controller, so it will be nice to not have to deal with that any more one the Omega pack is released.

It looks ok for a handheld game, even if blown up to a ridiculous 2.2m across as I did via my projector......should look a damm sight better via a PS4 though
    Full lounge shot (1 of 1).jpg
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 15th March 2017 at 06:32 AM.

PSN ID
    DIXI200

I have never seen such a great 2048
    unfortunately I do not have a PC to try FF and was hoping to find it on PS4, to give meaning to the purchase of Ps4 Omega is a sop. FF should definitely make the choice that pays off his work.

PSN ID
    scalliano

@blackwiggle: Now THAT is a setup!

Funnily enough, I managed to get the PSTV whitelist patch up and running just on Saturday there. Granted, the touchpad emulation is a bit of a faff as you say, but I haven't had so much fun with my Vita games since I bought them ages ago. 2048 has barely been off my TV since then. It does have a habit of crashing every so often, particularly on race restarts, but it's a small price to pay to conserve my already naff eyesight