Page 10 of 64 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

Thread: Wipeout Omega Collection announced for PS4! - Release date 7th June 2017

PSN ID
    DIXI200

I will start to think about buying a PS4, I have seen many occasions ..a few advice on the best model?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MrOrbital

I'm a bit skeptic about the slim model. They removed optical out which makes me think it is somewhat a low budget model. I bought the original version as late as possible, 500 GB, before it disappeared. Very satisfied. I think the original version is still available with 1 TB.
    Last edited by multibodydynamics; 7th February 2017 at 10:07 AM.

PSN ID
    Revolucion070

Is there any chance for the Clever Beans to implement some little new things? My friend's got an idea about adding ghosts to leaderboards, so anyone can see actual flight, not only the time. It would be great thing for rookies to learn from better players and it would be very good tool to look for cheaters. What do you think of it? Maybe we should start some petition, or at least write a letter to the devs?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

2048 already has that feature, drop Clever Beans an email if you want them to expand it to HD/Fury ;-)
    http://www.cleverbeans.co.uk/contact/

PSN ID
    Revolucion070

Thanks, Cipher, just did that.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MrOrbital

I wonder if Omega Collection will be localised the same way that 2048 was? HD Fury did not have swedish speaking voices but 2048 did, and 2048 did it quite well. Would be fun to hear "Tävlande utslagen!" (Contender eliminated) in HD Fury.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

Just an FYI... Gamestop has started to take reservations in the US for Omega.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DIXI200 View Post
    I will start to think about buying a PS4, I have seen many occasions ..a few advice on the best model?
    Just my 2 cents... I got the 500gB version that came out just prior to the Pro. I have had to manually install all updates or hard reset to get system updates. I would consider going Pro if you can.

I just realised the PS4 is not backwards compatible with PS3 games.

What an utter useless console.

"Asked when we might hear more about WipEout Omega Collection, Sony XDev Europe said, “Soon, we promise.”"

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/...ced-ps4-games/
    Last edited by AdHoc; 14th February 2017 at 03:10 AM.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by mannjon View Post
    Just an FYI... Gamestop has started to take reservations in the US for Omega.
    Does this mean Omega will have a physical release? I must have missed that detail.

That’s a very good point. I don’t think we have any official information about this, but you’re right, preorders through 3rd parties could mean a physical release, which would be excellent news, for so many different reasons.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    theconzio

I'm pretty damn sure I heard somewhere there is going the ba physical release. You can preorder it at EB Games over here anyway.

PSN ID
    Kazzy-Mac

I'd be a little wary of expecting there to be a physical release just because some games stores are taking pre-orders for the game. Well, even though I'd quite like a physical release.

The local videogame store where I live ... sells a lot of its PS3/PS4 games as just redeem codes for Playstation Store downloads/purchases (Their copies of Wipeout HD/Fury and 2048, for example, are just redeem code cards). So, it wouldn't surprise me if Gamestop & co are just taking pre-orders for download codes. We should all take this with a grain of salt, basically. :/

/killjoy

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

Conzio isn't going mental just yet, he is correct, physical was confirmed a while ago

src: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-its-ps4-debut
    Last edited by Cipher; 21st February 2017 at 05:24 PM.

PSN ID
    Kazzy-Mac

WELL THEN, I think someone needs to put me in the corner and hit me with a stick. :V

I should probably start keeping an eye out for when Game/CEX (and any other UK high-street stores) start taking physical copy pre-orders.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    DJTECHNO

Thumbs up on knowing, but it can wait for me

PSN ID
    TheAngelOutside

I dunno what the plan is over here in the UK but I'm very much hoping for a physical copy. Gonna pre-order as soon as I'm able!

PSN ID
    Kazzy-Mac

I've seen listings on Amazon UK for Omega.

Likely Game will get orders as well. Not sure what other retailers are left lol.

PSN ID
    TheAngelOutside

I'm hoping that they do, haha! I'll probably end up trying Game first anyway in the vain hope that they may have physical copy pre-orders, if not then Amazon will be the fallback as I'm guessing pre-orders there will be for a digital download. But you never know

nu9get Guest

lol £59.99! it's 70 euros! srsly?