Page 59 of 64 FirstFirst ... 949555657585960616263 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 1274

Thread: Wipeout Omega Collection announced for PS4! - Release date 7th June 2017

Timezone
    GMT + 3
    PSN ID
    chalovak

@NotEnoughRed Thank you for bringing back the game, Chris and co. And congratulations on the release!
    It's good to be back! The game is awesome, let me tell you.

PS. Hope that my post in the glitches thread is not considered to be an opinion.
    Last edited by chalovak; 7th June 2017 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Feisar31 View Post
    While racing tonight I played my old HD/Fury mp3 collection from a USB drive as described here. It worked just fine and it's nice that you can easily change the playlist without leaving an online lobby.
    Thanks heaps for your feedback.

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

Quote Originally Posted by NotEnoughRed View Post
    Although I'm absolutely sure you've all already done so, please spread the word about this game, and encourage total strangers to buy it. If you guys *ever* want another Wipeout, actions speak louder than words and this is your opportunity to have a say in the fate of this awesome & iconic game franchise... No matter who the developer is that gets to do "the next game" - it'll never happen if this one isn't a commercial and critical success.

Thanks for being awesome, have fun with the game!

Chris
    Hopefully more reviewers like IGN will review this

Although I'm absolutely sure you've all already done so, please spread the word about this game, and encourage total strangers to buy it. If you guys *ever* want another Wipeout, actions speak louder than words and this is your opportunity to have a say in the fate of this awesome & iconic game franchise... No matter who the developer is that gets to do "the next game" - it'll never happen if this one isn't a commercial and critical success.
    That’s actually quite a scary statement... It’s obvious, but hearing it from an insider, jeez the pressure is on!

Thanks for being awesome!
    NO YOU!
    Last edited by AdHoc; 7th June 2017 at 04:36 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -5

For those who did not preorder, is there any difference in what is included in the digital version versus the physical version?

PSN ID
    Beuzer0

Thanks for the reply @NotEnoughRed!

We couldn't deeply inegrate the playlists as it was on the PS3 - but you can play custom sound tracks from Spotify or via USB stick. This is as far as we could go with the platform.
    Argh! Sad news. But the good thing is I will just have to put songs in a USB folder and keep them playing rather than editing them to make them fit at the race start like i used to do on PS3.

The nature of the game means there's always going to be a dominating ship - if we nerfed one ship, there'd be another that takes its place...
    However, we implemented two new ships that are as close to the Icaras as we could possibly manage to get it to challenge it's dominance. (we've also secretly re-jigged other ships stats, but I'm not spoiling that for anyone - it's a very sensitive area as we don't want to upset #TeamIcaras)
    Perfect balance is indeed a very tough thing to do in gaming. These small buffs are good news though!

PSN ID
    Justice_Curtains

What are the chances of the re-jiggery of the other ships' stats being released?

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

Quote Originally Posted by Tucknut.net View Post
    For those who did not preorder, is there any difference in what is included in the digital version versus the physical version?
    i pre ordered and didnt even get the themes

so no, got no extras with physical

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/bestsell...s_videogames_1

love seeing that as number one

PSN ID
    Hybrid_Divide

I'm actually getting really annoyed/angry with IGN for not reviewing the game...

Generally glowing reviews everywhere else, though!

Timezone
    GMT -5

There may be a lot of people annoyed next week if Sony's Days Of Play sale reduces the price. http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/...uns-june-9-16/

PSN ID
    Renegade_Fire_

Absolutely loving it. The way it's all integrated into HD's menu is perfect. Slick, polished, fast. Great load times. 2048 looks great and plays well on the ps4 pad.

Nailed it, guys. Nailed it.

Love, one happy WipEout fan.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Alphalon

How's the performance on the PS4 Slim? I'm considering getting one.

PSN ID
    Renegade_Fire_

solid, from what i have seen. The game plays well and looks real sharp. Like, it really does look a lot sharper than ps3, more noticeable than i thought it would.

Online worked fine, not tried split screen yet.

I'm on the ps4 slim.

PSN ID
    Justice_Curtains

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwire View Post
    How's the performance on the PS4 Slim? I'm considering getting one.
    Bought a PS4 slim pretty much just for this game, and it runs absolutely fine on HD/FURY, never dropped below 60 fps. I'd imagine the same goes for 2048 as well (This is with motion blur turned off in the settings)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    arch595esc_

Just tried it. This game is aaaawesome!!! Been looking for something like that for ages! So happy!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    xEik

Blergh no WipEout for me until Friday.

Courier companies (at least Spanish ones) have the most backwards modus operandi imaginable. It literally belongs to last century even though nowadays with web shopping we receive ten (a hundred?) times as many parcels as we used to do.
    All day at home (I usually telecommute on Wednesdays) and I just leave to have lunch with my family for my father's birthday.
    Obviously, when I get home a notification of attempted delivery is in the mailbox (it wasn't there when I left, I checked).
    No estimated delivery time was on the tracker, no attempt to contact me slightly before or during delivery attempt. Even putting the game in the mailbox (it fits no problem) would have sufficed. Their nearest office is 100 km away so no chance for picking it up myself.

Since I'm out all day tomorrow, no other choice than to arrange delivery for Friday and miss the launch day hype. /facepalms

Just been playing for a couple of hours and wanted to say congratulations for a job well done to all the guys at Clever Beans, Epos and ExDev

At first, it was quite an odd feeling, playing a game that I designed but didnt develop - if that makes sense. But oddness soon gave way to joy, you guys have done a truly fantastic job.

It looks beautiful, and it feels wonderful, there are pretenders to the crown but nothing quite comes close to WipEout (I'm bias, but I dont care).

I hope all involved are having a well earned drink tonight.

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

So I've been playing the game for a solid 5 hours straight and I am deeply in love with it, its absolutely perfect. 2048 zone plays so well I got 119 zones using the FEISAR speed on empire climb (currently 9th overall, could've done better as well). I just can't stop loving the motion blur, sound design and.....well.......everything about the game ^_^

I feel really bad going online and kinda just trouncing the new pilots, but we got to show them who are the veterans around these parts

Too all of the developers at Clever Beans, EPOS and XDev, thank you so much. This has already become my favourite game of all time and I will have a very hard time to turn the PS4 off every time I boot it up. I'm gonna have some heated debates with my Dad over the PS4, but by far the best £30 I've ever spent on a game!

PSN ID
    Kazzy-Mac

Quote Originally Posted by Mooney View Post
    for those interested. more to come, along with some other cool stuff

https://twitter.com/moons_artwork/st...51092273123328
    Does that mean that Fury/Zone variants of Tigron and Van Uber are planned??

I'd been about to bring that up. I'm bummed that Van Uber and Tigron are HD only and don't show up in the Fury grid. Can't be used in Zone/Zone Battle either. :'(

I had a bit of a private MP bash-about with a friend last night. I don't know what's been changed but the netcode in this feels a lot more overall solid; this is the same guy whose craft would consistently drive against the barriers on HD/Fury due to the lag, but playing with him last night his ship was actually driving where it was supposed to be!

I'm not surprised to find bugs/glitches in this, but this is still A+ top work. I played the HELL out of 2048 last night; my first time ever playing it. Having tons of fun. At some point I'll try online ... I'll get my butt kicked though ... lol.

Timezone
    GMT -5

Having put a few hours into the game, I have to say that this is a simply terrific remaster. Applying a modern polish is hit or miss on execution, at least in this hobby, but I am quite impressed. There are so many thoughtful touches, and the game is running brilliantly. Well done, guys.

I'm spreading the word on this game as much as I can. I think that having a solid game that can easily compete with its younger contemporaries, coupled with the nostalgia factor that Sony is obviously driving home, this is as good a shot at increasing interest in the series as there can be. The market is definitely warm to the appreciation of older IPs, and this is an A+ attempt to cash in on that trend. Regardless of how it turns out, though, a great game is a great game. XDEV, Clever Beans, you've outdone yourselves.