You have the fact that to navigate the 2048 menu properly, it needs the VITA's back control, and a camera for online photo crap, this incompatibility, although small in the scheme of things, is why it was never made 'Officially' available to play on the PSTV.
You can navigate 2048's menus with a PS4 controller when linked to a PSTV that has had the white paper hack done to it so it can play 2048, but I would hardly say it works well.

Those factors make me think that Sony would have to either make one of three possible changes.
The first could be to 2048 it self so it could work properly on a PS4, they are remastering it anyway, so I suppose this might happen....long shot really, as Sony are too cheap to pay for this.

Second could be that Sony intend to bring out a new PS4 controller that has the same controls as the VITA has/had [Oh, More $$ for Sony - possible, if not now, in the future ]...... that way they could flog off all VITA titles to PS4 players and still have full compatibility with all those games....much like PSP titles on the PS3.

Third could be system software update that allowed current PS4 controllers to work in VITA compatibility mode, allowing all VITA functions to be mapped to the various buttons...[ Possible, but not likely as there is not enough money in it for Sony]

The fourth option....what could that be?
Well the PS4 pro was sold as 4K ready, but strangely didn't have a 4K Bluray drive in it, so the only way to get that on the console is via download.......I don't think the Omega Pack is going to be a 4K downloadable game from the PStore.

Nope, given that Sony has pretty much always used Wipeout to push new tech, I don't see them changing things now, especially as it's going to cost them so little to do.

I reckon Sony is going to totally stuff everybody at this forums expectations up, by making this OMEGA PACK it's first 4K STREAMING GAME over the subscription PlayStation NOW service....... I've been calling this one for ages, as it's been on the cards for ages now, and I bet you this is will be what happens.

Fancy paying U.S.$45 for a 3 month subscription to play a game you already have been since at least 2009....I don't think so.

I hope I'm wrong, but there is a sense of inevitability about this.