Page 26 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Thread: Wipeout Omega Collection announced for PS4! - Release date 7th June 2017

PSN ID
    TheWalkingFroggy

Oh I wonder, there will be a setting where you can customize the order of playing the songs in game?
    Since it seems we can't put our personal songs, I wonder if you can make a " personal order " of the default songs in game or it will be " predefinite / casual " like WipEout HD/Fury.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    theconzio

I'd like to say thanks as well. This is the reason why I'm buying a PS4, and I've convinced some others to get the Omega Collection too

And long time no see SuperRyuga

PSN ID
    TheWalkingFroggy

Hey buddy! Yeah I know, how are you? I hope good
    I miss a lot of my buddies here and I hope to play with them again finally, with this wonderful Collection. I hope to see you too on track

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

I grabbed a PS4 a few days ago when there was a fairly good deal. Let’s just say it sits here collecting dust as it waits for next month to come Can’t wait to play WO2048 for the first time – the steelbook edition is already pre-ordered. So, yes, I’ll happily join the others by saying: Thank you guys!

PSN ID
    Manhandz69

Quote Originally Posted by Sausehuhn View Post
    I grabbed a PS4 a few days ago when there was a fairly good deal. Let’s just say it sits here collecting dust as it waits for next month to come Can’t wait to play WO2048 for the first time – the steelbook edition is already pre-ordered. So, yes, I’ll happily join the others by saying: Thank you guys!
    I had never played 2048 (don't own a Vita) untill we started work on it. It's really good, especially running at 60 fps and with HD graphics.

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

i didnt like the 2048's 30 fps so it be awesome to finally play it at 60

i still hope the HD online leveling system is there... i want to go for the highest rank this time, only had like level 70 or so on ps3 version

but looking at n0tenoughred's tweet badges are there so maybe the hd leveling system is there too hope it shares both 2048 and HD with the level system

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Those that are buying a PS4 for the first time, don't forget to budget for a Playstation+ subscription at the same time, as you need one to play online with a PS4, unlike the PS3 or VITA when no subscription was needed......it also means you get the monthly free PS+ subscriber games if you so choose.

I also recommend either getting a 1TB model PS4 or a separate USB3 HDD for storage, as since a recent system update, once formatted you can use one of these to also store your games, and since PS4 games are considerably larger than PS3 games, you would find you will fill a standard 500GB PS4 very quickly.

Those that haven't played 2048 before will find on your average race there seems a lot more going on visually than what happens in HD/FURY, so if you have the $$/€€/££ consider getting a PS4 pro which has a boost mode that makes reproducing these moments smoother.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Fireuser1995

I wold also like to say, thank you for creating Omega Collection. Who knows? We may have a revival on our hands.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Racebox modes for 2048 offline = Single race, Speed Lap, Time Trial, Zone Tournament, Combat.

Voice Chat button has been removed from HD, so no it didn't get fixed, just as well, can you honestly imagine trying to race at phantom speed online while getting a ear full ?
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 8th May 2017 at 01:29 PM.

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

i wonder who will destroy A+ TT's

hope the combat will have shield this time, vita version removed that

i hope the skins from completing the online campaign mode are in omega... they are sooooo good

but if online campaign is removed i hope they change the requirement to anything loyalty

took a few pictures of the skins from vita version if you havnt seen them before
    Attached Images Attached Images

PSN ID
    Renegade_Fire_

Those are really nice. I remember when the game came out, i thought the last skins you unlocked would be the designs from the original game, sort of leading into it as 2048 was the prequel an all that. And with Altima been the last track.

http://orig06.deviantart.net/7ed0/f/...25-d58ah2v.jpg

*Deactivates Lurk Mode*

Hey there everyone, I've seen my twitter handle and real name (that's a bit creepy!) mentioned on here now so I figured I might as well register to say hello... So..

"Hello" - my name is Chris, and as mooney has said, I'm the producer over here at Clever Beans - who, as I'm sure you're all already aware, are working on the Wipeout Omega Collection.

As you'll probably know, we developers are under NDA too, and so please don't go asking me loads of specific questions about the game! - there's a very strict marketing plan and process we're going through and it's really not our job to talk about the game until you guys can play it. So I just wanted to write a quick note to say this thread / forum has been a great resource for us all to see what is important about the games development from the fans perspective, we're doing our absolute best to please everyone [or at least as many people as we can] and we are reading and listening to everyone. We're all very big fans of Wipeout here, and we're really excited about getting you guys playing it. (not long now!)

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

Welcome to wipEoutzone chris

i was really jealous of you playing it so i wanted to share it here

Quote Originally Posted by Racingfan View Post
    Welcome to wipEoutzone chris

i was really jealous of you playing it so i wanted to share it here
    No problem! - Anyone sharing my extremely limited time at the top of any scoreboard is fine by me

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

The people at the wipeoutzone aren't what you would normally find at your usual gaming forum I'll think you'll find Mooney and NotEnoughRed.

For a start, most us are Way out of what would normally be classified as your average gamer demographic....IE a lot of old farts here who have been playing wipeout since the original, most of us know each other on the track as well as from the forum.

There is still a lot of bitterness felt around here about Sony closing SL, and how it has mishandled the wipeout franchise over the years.

Hopefully Clever Beans can be given the go ahead by Sony to resurrect our beloved franchise, and make wipeout the must play game it always should have remained....there's still plenty more old forum members in the freezer, I think it will take brand new tracks to defrost them though.

PS: Who decided on the online Beta testing times ?
    Ok for those in Europe, but it was 4.30am kick off in out neck of the woods, a big ask for 90 minutes of online....runs well though
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 8th May 2017 at 01:34 PM.

Hey Chris! Good stuff.

I hope Omega Collection will have served as a practice ground for you guys at Clever Beans with a view to develop completely new WipEout games in the future.

I don’t know how you feel about the franchise internally, but I hope you don’t see this as a one-off. You have to embrace it and make it your own.
    Creating new material will no doubt make you fall in love with the series as much as we are.

Cheers

"
    PS: Who decided on the online Beta testing times ?
    Ok for those in Europe, but it was 4.30am kick off in out neck of the woods, a big ask for 90 minutes of online....runs well though "

The online times were purely for an organised "group test", The beta works around the clock (and you can play MP) - but you'll have to organise your own events with friends.

- - - Updated - - -

Cheers Adhoc,

We're all massive fans of the franchise and most of us have some history with the game on our discography

I'm sure Mooney will tell you though, making a new ship has been an awesome challenge.

PSN ID
    TheWalkingFroggy

Hello Chris! Welcome to the family! Nice to see you too there with Mooney.

PSN ID
    Manhandz69

Quote Originally Posted by XxSuperRyugaxX View Post
    Hello Chris! Welcome to the family! Nice to see you too there with Mooney.
    howdy!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Kurlija

So according to the listing on the PS site, Van-Über is in both editions now? And it's not even listed as a preorder bonus. Can anyone confirm that before I preorder a physical copy?