Page 14 of 64 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Wipeout Omega Collection announced for PS4! - Release date 7th June 2017

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid Divide View Post
    Disappointing they nixed the custom soundtrack feature.
    that's it, I'm done with the franchise lol

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TheFrostE

Wow! i havent been here in ages but the WZ post about Van Uber got me thinking. Wipeout is amazing and ive spent years and alot of time on it, met some great people. That being said, its time to let go of the remasters of remakes from the psps hayday...Id rather have a new Wipeout as opposed to the same tracks weve been racing for a decade. Ive been more interested in Formula Fusion. Leon Switch doing the OST is great, tDR is back on board and ALOT of new AG racing features that we havent seen before. Its shaping up REALLY nice and its all NEW. The PS4 and Xbox1 wont see it until late this year but thats fine as the Omega hype will die down after people get their 2048 fix on a TV. and it will be fine tuned PC side first. Aside from 2048 on a big screen i cant really see an incentive to rebuy, wohd looks phenomenal on ps3, custom soundtracks are there too. New songs...meh, Van Uber...meh. "Dynamic 4k" BIG meh, that just means it doesnt support true native 4k so its being upscaled.

In any case, any of the OGs still hang around here other than Hellfire?

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Lightbuster88

Quote Originally Posted by Racingfan View Post
    1: Unfortunately not, but you can play your own music via Spotify or your HD. We think you will love our new soundtrack though, it’s proper awesome!
    That is unfortunate. Zone was so good with custom soundtrack since the equalizer synchronized with them. Let us hope that they can update the game with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid Divide View Post
    Disappointing they nixed the custom soundtrack feature. Why would they do that?!
    Very likely due to PS4's lack of a built-in music player and/or copyright issues.

Did anyone one else notice "improved framerate speed and smoothness" for the PS4 pro? I bet this will really matter in split screen. Looks like I'll buy another PS4 soon, and give my other one to my son. Red out is also coming out later this year, and that looks pretty decent, so we will be getting three futuristic racers in the same year. I'd like to see ballistic NG on it as well , or at least on the ps1/ps2. I still haven't been able to play the new version of it, just not enough money to get a computer.

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

Quote Originally Posted by terra-wrists View Post
    that's it, I'm done with the franchise lol
    You can still use media player in ps4 so its better than nothing

I uploaded the dynamic theme With HD's theme from PS3 Version using media player

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufkkMSUN8Fc

also this might be why they couldnt add it built in custom Music
    https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comment...ve_custom_mp3/

Uploaded one With the theme Music too
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7IhPLImMho
    Last edited by Racingfan; 1st April 2017 at 01:04 PM. Reason: Edited in quote

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    LOUDandPROUD

Just found out about this Omega Collection today thanks to Cat (aka the stinkiest of the stinkers, stinkleroy ) I'm beyond stoked. So, in anticipation of the release, I wanted to pop in and say hi. Looking to catch up with old acquaintances and reminisce about the good ole days of Wipeout HD, ha ha. Met so many awesome folks through this game.

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

You can still use media player in ps4 so its better than nothing

I uploaded the dynamic theme With HD's theme from PS3 Version using media player

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufkkMSUN8Fc

also this might be why they couldnt add it built in custom Music
    https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comment...ve_custom_mp3/

Uploaded one With the theme Music too
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7IhPLImMho
    i'm back in

Timezone
    GMT + 1

I couldn't agree more with TheFroste. WipEout really deserves a totally new game. However the Omega edition is injecting new fuel into the series especially with 2048 and racebox on the full screen.

I will organise the last European WipEout Convention this year in Amsterdam. I hope it will attract many old and new pilots.

Greetz Mad-Ice

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

A Playstation without Wipeout is like bacon without egg; decent but could be so much better.

Fingers crossed if this sells well it'll be the start of something new.

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

I eat bacon without egg

hope so! i'll be pre ordering 2 EU disc Versions (1 to play 1 Sealed) 1 US Version, 1 asia ver if they do that, and steelbook... plus i pre ordered digital Version for dynamic theme
    Last edited by Hellfire_WZ; 3rd April 2017 at 03:11 PM. Reason: No need to quote posts immediately before your own

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    UnleashSonic

Haven't dropped in here for a while now, but wanted to say I'm stoked about this game! I suspect Sony will be looking closely at sales numbers to determine whether there's enough interest to warrant a new game in the future, so we all have to do our part!

EDIT: People who expect other Pure/Pulse DLC tracks will be disappointed; this game is mostly a port/remaster and they wouldn't have the budget to remake old tracks.
    Last edited by UnleashSonic; 4th April 2017 at 12:50 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 9.5
    PSN ID
    keg11

@RacingFan Apart from actually pre-ordering, how did u get the dynamic theme. Was it an automatic download?

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

Hi, i pre ordered it from the US store on ps4 to play it a day early after payment was complete it gave me the option to download the theme... if u exit the screen without downloading it you cant download it again (it doesnt show in libary or anything) im sure sony will fix this soon

i seen some posts from people who bought the EU version and they didnt get the option to download it at all after payment was complete even tho it says you get the theme now in description

if you dislike the music that is being used in the theme then go to settings > sound & screen > turn off system music

@UnleashSonic

hopefully this game does well and they do some dlc track remakes... i would love to see gemini dam or some other hard tracks from pulse
    Last edited by Racingfan; 4th April 2017 at 03:45 PM.

PSN ID
    Hybrid_Divide

Just got a Twitter reply asking Sony XDev about the Steelbook for the US version of the WipEout Omega Collection. Looks like the USA is getting screwed again...

Looking like we'll only get the standard release here... He'll confirm later if the discs will be region free.

If so, anyone want to help me preorder an EU copy? (I can pay, of course. I'd assume I'd be sending money via PayPal?)

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Hybrid Divide; 4th April 2017 at 05:29 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MrOrbital

i seen some posts from people who bought the EU version and they didnt get the option to download it at all after payment was complete even tho it says you get the theme now in description
    I asked customer support about it and it is only in US that you get the theme directly. We in Europe will get the theme when the game gets released.

PSN ID
    Hybrid_Divide

Sony XDev have confirmed that the EU (steelbook) version of the game will be region free!

Just need to import it now...

PSN ID
    Renegade_Fire_

It's a bit vague, but the theme thing has happened with other games. Destiny is one i know of first hand, the theme will unlock for you when the game releases. It was exactly the same as this, advertised as been available after pre-order and then clarified a while later that only the U.S. get it immediately. kinda sucks if it's supposed to be an incentive to pre-order now and you don't get it! But that's that i suppose!

From what i can tell there are 4 versions of the game:

1. digital pre-order (comes with dynamic theme and van uber ship)
    2. Steelbook edition (no idea what comes with this)
    3. standard physical ps4 release
    4. standard physical ps4 release pre-order with 4 bonus static themes.

In the UK, at least:
    GAME is advertising the physical pre order with the 4 themes.
    Amazon makes no mention of any pre order bonus.
    ShopTo makes no mention of any pre order bonus.

*EDIT ShopTo have updated their page to include the four static theme pre-order bonus
    Last edited by Dawn_Fire_; 5th April 2017 at 11:39 PM.

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

@Hybrid

Playstation games has been region free since PSP but if you want to use DLC on it then you must download it from the region the game came from

sucks that you don't get the theme till release in eu if u pre ordered it... glad i pre ordered it off us store. i love mine

hopefully steelbook is not gamestop exclusive in my country... easily the worst retailer, and they they don't ship so i might import it as well

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MrOrbital

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn_Fire_ View Post
    From what i can tell there are 4 versions of the game:

1. digital pre-order (comes with dynamic theme and van uber ship)
    2. Steelbook edition (no idea what comes with this)
    3. standard physical ps4 release
    4. standard physical ps4 release pre-order with 4 bonus static themes.
    1. Available for all regions.
    2. Pre-order. PAL only. Comes with 4 bonus static themes.
    3. For all regions. After release.
    4. Pre-order. For all regions outside PAL. Comes with 4 bonus static themes.

That's the info so far at least. If theme and Van-Uber ship can be bought separately after release, no clue.
    Edit:
    For all that wants the steelbook and don't have a EU PSN account:
    The game will be playable but there might be problems if there are extra contents released from the PSN store so best is to go digital or standard released and import the steelbook only for collection purpose.
    Last edited by multibodydynamics; 5th April 2017 at 09:52 AM. Reason: Steelbook info added

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

Gutted to read split screen isn't online. That is almost unheard of with modern games.

I was looking forward to that 1/100 time that my brother might actually beat me. I'd have flown across the room and knock the sofa over to stop him