Thread: Main site back up after short down time

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    PSN ID
    infoxicated

Lightbulb Main site back up after short down time

Which is technically accurate... kind of... in fact, in archaeological terms the 4.5 years that the main site has been offline has passed... well, practically instantaneously.

But I can see how folk might have got bored waiting.

Sorry about that.

Anyway, consider this a beta relaunch of the main site.

The registration/login/admin side of it is still to come and there might also be a few issues.

Oh, I know for a fact that if you're on mobile device with a short vertical screen then the bottom items in the navigation won't be available.

I'll fix that... until then just turn the screen. That should work.

I also just realised that you can't click back to the main site from the banner. I will fix that too.
    Last edited by infoxicated; 5th November 2016 at 11:04 AM. Reason: Time flies, but not as fast as I thought.

Man, nostalgia hit hard when I saw it! Congratulations and thank you for your efforts.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Thanks foxy, always loved the various Wipeout in action pictures, that took me back

On a side note, looking at the news page, the time gap is obvious. We can call it the "dark ages" (no historical records) haha

PSN ID
    Hybrid_Divide

Didn't expect to see this today!

Well done, Foxy! Glad to see this back up!

EDIT: Actually, Foxy. Somewhere on my computer is my old wallpaper I submitted (As Vagrant Logic, of course) for the first anniversary contest waaaay back when. It's not great by even my own modern standards, but it'd be good to put up for completeness' sake!

Where can I send/post it to get it up there in the DL section?
    Last edited by Hybrid Divide; 3rd November 2016 at 09:53 PM. Reason: Forgot something!

Where do I find it?

Awesome btw Thanks!

Since the site has been hacked, every time I went to wipeoutzone.com I was redirected to the forums. For the first time in years, when I went to wipeoutzone.com this morning I had the pleasant surprise of seeing the actual website instead of the forums. Thank you Rob, you definitely made my day.

PSN ID
    infoxicated

You're welcome.

I could have moved the forum to the site root but decided I'd just put in a "temporary" redirect so it wouldn't mess with any bookmarks or search engine rankings. Made it easier to switch back as well.

And you have done well :) I always came to wipeoutzone.com and not wipeoutzone.com/forum because I knew things would be fixed someday. Why would I do that? Well, I guess I was a believer —and still am.

I don’t mean to nitpick (says the nitpicker), but you wrote that the site went offline “February 2011 to be exact” and AFAIK the site was hacked on February 2012. Oh, and I’m glad you and I have the same definition of “short down time” :)

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Quote Originally Posted by vincoof View Post
    I don’t mean to nitpick (says the nitpicker), but you wrote that the site went offline “February 2011 to be exact” and AFAIK the site was hacked on February 2012. Oh, and I’m glad you and I have the same definition of “short down time” :)
    Yeah, it was - I put the wrong time frame in the first post here as well, but when I realised I wasn't near a computer and although it's easy to edit the forum posts the main site does not have a CMS so I have to go into the DB to do it. I'll change it there too.

PSN ID
    MrSmadSmartAlex

Thanks for this, great seeing it all again!

PSN ID
    stinkleroy

Wow it's really been down that long? Thanks for bringing it back Rob, it warms my heart

PSN ID
    Hybrid_Divide

Quote Originally Posted by infoxicated View Post
    You're welcome.

I could have moved the forum to the site root but decided I'd just put in a "temporary" redirect so it wouldn't mess with any bookmarks or search engine rankings. Made it easier to switch back as well.
    Good call, Foxy. I admit I got a little teary-eyed when that showed up again.