Thread: The best playstation controllers you've seen?

Timezone
    GMT -6

Default The best playstation controllers you've seen?

What are the best Playstation controllers that you've seen?

I think the Playstation Analogue Joystick is instantly one of my favorites... not just because it is so intercompatible with the Dual Shock, but also because of the way it looks, and the games this dude tested it with.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vA-4...53yKf&index=31

(I would totally replace the Wip3out computer voice with the MechWarrior 2 computer voice, if I could)

Here is another controller, which is a bit of an oddball (literally!)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9vV...fzkXEF_0R53yKf
    Last edited by Amaroq Dricaldari; 3rd November 2016 at 11:45 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I've got one of those Analogue Joystick controllers.
    I originally bought it to play Mechwarrior [which made it very easy to complete that game], and G-Police - which didn't work well because G-police only recognized the controller when it was switch to Digital mode, which defeated the purpose, every small movement of the stick resulted in a far larger movement of the craft.

Not many games supported it's use, well not ones that I was interested in, this is prior to Sony putting sticks on the standard controller as well as the D-Pad.

It's kind of cumbersome to use due to it's size, it works OK if you have a table in front of you, but tends to wobble about if used sitting on your lap.

I had it store away for years, then Jabberjaw got his NegCon modded for use with WOHD, and I saw that a guy in Japan had modded his dual stick to work on current PS3 titles, so I asked a friend who new about that sort of thing if he could mod my stick to play WOHD with.
    It happened, and it was in final tweaking before I was going to get it home [ I had it so that you could do barrel rolls using the right hand thumb controller]
    Then I was around his place, and he had it in his garage, the kids were mucking about with a tennis ball, and it bounced into the garage, heading straight for the stick, now the ball wouldn't have damaged it, but the 40kg Labrador that went chasing after the ball did....snapped one of the sticks right at the base, no way we could fix it.

Timezone
    GMT -6

By Inari's tail, that's awful. I'm sorry to hear that.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I've still got it stored away in it's box somewhere, I didn't have the heart to throw it out, as I've always hoped I'd eventually find a way to fix it....... I'll have to check it again, I might be able to fashion a new part for it out of polymer clay, or maybe even get somebody to make a part using a 3D printer, not sure how I would go about getting the dimensions correct though.
    The broken part is a PITA thing to replicate, as it's like a hollow ball joint shaped in a L, one end is clamped in the base, and the other end wraps around the bottom part of the stick, the wires run through the joint.... and there is a lot of them

I can't remember even seeing that other controller before, although I do remember Forsaken, which was a French game if memory serves me correctly, a bloody confusing game to navigate around, pretty sure I gave up on it and put it in the Too Hard bin, G-Police both 1 & 2 are probable two of the hardest games I've even played [made by Psygnosis /SL ]....still available at the PStore.
    Worth getting if only to listen to the best voice I've ever heard in a video game, I can't remember the womans name that did it, but it would have to be the best voice casting in video game history
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 4th November 2016 at 05:24 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -6

G-Police isn't available in the United States' PS Store. Because Sony doesn't like the US.

Btw, here's the different computer voices in the MechWarrior games, really awesome.
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...0P-d8RTA3DZSvg

Already, there are a few sounds that could be reused for WipEout.
    Last edited by Amaroq Dricaldari; 4th November 2016 at 06:02 PM.