Thread: NTSC vs. PAL - What's the difference?

Timezone
    GMT -6

Default NTSC vs. PAL - What's the difference?

I noticed that the ISO for the NTSC (North American) version of WipEout Pulse is slightly larger (and almost a year newer) than the PAL (European) version, but I can't seem to tell the difference between them! (The DLC can't, either, thankfully).

Any insight or speculation? Thanks.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Probably the system update files on the disc? I have seen the PSP updates getting bigger with every release. Simply try opening the iso (winrar, 7zip can do this or you could mount the iso in windows) and compare it.

Timezone
    GMT -6

The update files, huh? I didn't think of that. Thanks for the input. I guess that means it doesn't really matter which version of the game you have.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MrOrbital

Well it does matter a little bit. There are a few bugs that are fixed in the NTSC version. It's been a while since I played it, but one bug that was present in the PAL version was the single race record table bug. If you got eliminated the first time you raced a track that time got stuck on the record table. Say for example that you got eliminated after 40 seconds. That was interpreted as a total race time and incorrectly presented on the record table. Of course, you could not complete the same race below 40 seconds so the time was stuck on the record table forever. This bug was fixed in the NTSC version. Also the Mirage team is named Mantis in the record tables. I don't know if that was fixed in the NTSC version. I can't really come to think of anything else so, yes, they are almost identical. NTSC is a fraction better though.

Timezone
    GMT -6

Well, I was going to check the Records to see if the Mirage/Mantis thing was fixed, but instead I got a crash..