Thread: Overclocking the Vita?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Timezone
    GMT -6

Default Overclocking the Vita?

I found some interesting articles recently, concerning the Homebrew/Modding community, and the Playstation Vita.
    http://www.dashhacks.com/ps-vita/son...d-by-sony.html
    http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=116&t=46952
    http://www.dashhacks.com/dashhacks/g...-released.html

Apparently the PS Vita's processor was designed to be able to go from 0.8 to 2.0 GHz, but the OS/Firmware locks it at 333 MHz with the Wi-Fi on, and 444 MHz with the Wi-Fi off.

Given the success people seem to have overall with PSP and PS Vita hacking (and you can even physically mod your Vita to have a capture card!), I feel that it is only a matter of time before somebody hacks a-very-certain-game to run at higher than 30 FPS.

What do you guys think? Post your own thoughts on the subject down below.

2048 at 60 fps would be pretty sweet. I'm definitely drops below 30 a lot

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Speaking of PSP
    Sony has pulled the plug on it's Media Go! software, you will no longer be able to use it to install games or update.
    This is going to effect people who want to install the PSP Wipeout PURE packs, as you can't get them from the store.....not sure just how much of a Bad news it is TBH, but it doesn't look good for those who don't have it already.

See copy of the email below I got from Sony the other day.
    Media Go October update

PlayStation Store and any features which require access to PlayStation Store within the Media Go application will no longer be available after the October update.

If your PSP (PlayStation®Portable) – model PSP-E1000 – does not does not have Wi-Fi you need to download your content no later than 24 October 2016.

For other PSP users this means:

• You will no longer be able to activate or deactivate your PSP using Media Go.
    • You will no longer be able to download and install purchased PSP and PlayStation Video content via Media Go.

You can still use the above features by connecting your PSP directly to the network via Wi-Fi.

Timezone
    GMT -6

You can download the WipEout Pure and Pulse packs directly to your memory stick if you head over to the right places... and through custom firmware on the PSP, it is even possible to jailbreak the DRM on the Pulse packs.

I am also doing an experiment to see if I could manually replace the .WAD files of my WipEout Pure download packs (in my savedata folder, I backed up first), that way I could play the Omega Pak on the US version. The European Delta Pak is only one folder (and one WAD file), whereas the US version is two. Same with the Gamma Pak, except the US version is THREE folders and WAD files. This means that I can, in theory, put the European Gamma and Delta packs on, and use the other three slots occupied by the US download packs to load the Omega pack and a European music pack. I'll tell you how it turns out~

EDIT: Long story short, it didn't work.
    Last edited by Amaroq Dricaldari; 15th October 2016 at 04:37 AM.