Thread: New PS4 PRO 10th Nov release

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Default New PS4 PRO 10th Nov release

I got a email today with the specs of the PS4 pro, pretty unspecific truth be told.
    Release price is on par with what the PS4 cost when it was first released AUS $559 - the Pro below.
    PS4 pro.jpg

Also two PS4 slims being released, a 500gb & 1tb models....I was wondering why the sudden price drop on the current models, now I know why- Slim below
    PS4 slim.jpg

PlayStation®4 Pro - The Super-Charged PS4.

PlayStation®4 Pro allows games to deliver far more detail and unprecedented visual precision.

Spectacular Graphics
    4K TV owners can experience higher quality visuals, such as 4K quality resolution*1, as well as faster and more stable frame rates. HD TV users will also enjoy enhanced gameplay experiences on PS4™ titles in 1080p, along with higher and more stable frame rates.

Ultimate Performance
    Double the power*2 with an incredible combination of visual quality and performance in a console.

Enhanced Gameplay
    Supporting faster frame rates*3 for super-sharp and smoother on-screen action.

High Dynamic Range (HDR) Technology
    Visuals are more realistic, strikingly vivid and truer to what the human eye sees in the real world.

Ultimate Share Play And Remote Play
    Share or stream your games in stunning detail with visuals of up to 1080p and 60fps.

More Connections
    Features 2.4GHz/5GHz Wi-Fi mode options and HDMI 2.0 output.

Two Consoles, One PS4™ Family
    Connect with friends on PlayStation®4 Pro and PlayStation®4 consoles, and hook up with the biggest online community
    of players with PlayStation®Plus*4.

Games
    All games are fully cross-compatible with PS4™ Pro and PS4™, and players compete online in the same multiplayer ecosystem.

Works With:

• DUALSHOCK®4 wireless controller − combining revolutionary features with intuitive design and precise controls, the DUALSHOCK®4 wireless controller defines the new generation of play. The new model features a stylish black matt finish, and shows your light bar colour from above as you play.

• PlayStation®VR – put yourself at the centre of the game and explore extraordinary worlds in a way you’ve never experienced before. For total immersion, interact with virtual environments using a PlayStation®Move motion controller or DUALSHOCK®4 wireless controller.

• PlayStation®Camera – integral to the PlayStation®VR experience, the camera tracks the PS VR headset, PlayStation®Move or DUALSHOCK®4 wireless controller to heighten your sense of presence. It also unlocks PS4™ features like voice controls, facial recognition and picture-in-picture video editing and broadcasting.
    *1 Outputted by graphic rendering or upscaled. *2 When compared to previous PS4™ model. *3 Not supported by all software titles. *4 PlayStation®Plus subscription only available to Sony Entertainment Network (SEN) account holders with access to PlayStation®Store and high-speed internet. PlayStation™Network (PSN), S Store and PS Plus subject to terms of use and country and language restrictions; PS Plus content and services vary by subscriber age. Users must be 7 years or older and users under 18 require parental consent, except that users in Germany must be 18 years or older. Service availability is not guaranteed. Online features of specific games may be withdrawn on reasonable notice - eu.playstation.com/gameservers. Approved payment method details required. PS Plus subscription automatically renews at the end of the subscription period at the current PS Store price. Full terms apply: PSN Terms of Service at eu.playstation.com/legal.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Since I'm here, I'll mention that this doesn't support 4K blu-Ray disc playback.

In my opinion, pretty disappointing. They're releasing an incomplete machine now versus the newer Xbox refresh.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Sony's response when questioned about the PS4 PRO's NONE 4k disc playback ability was that 'In it's findings, most of it's customers prefer to download 4k content'.....what a load of BS, the file sizes are over the top and would fill a PS4's HD in no time flat.
    http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/...system-update/

The fact is, that few potential PS4 customers will be buying 4k disc's anyway [even I'm not interested, and I'm a self confessed Techhead ], so they know there is little point installing a 4k disc playback mechanism in what is predominantly a gaming machine.
    The Whole reason for the PS4 Pro is so the Sony's VR doesn't fall flat on it's face come launch day.....it will if used with current spec'd PS4's

Besides, there is such a fudging of 4k spec's by different manufacturers [most are just upscaling Bluray spec's], only 2 of Sony's top of the range projectors actually do full Native 4k, there is nothing else on the market, buy any manufacturer that does