Thread: New Update today

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

R8 have put another update up last night, as the frame rate on 3 of the tracks had dropped on my i7 / GTX970 / 32gb ram PC from 135 FPS down to 35 FPS.
    Some people couldn't get it to run at all, seems R8 new what the problem was once about 10 suffering the same thing posted at the FF forum explaining what was happening.

As for the stutter, I might of noticed it on a previous build, Niagara track I think, as that is the flattest and it would be the most noticeable on that, but this current build seems OK on the tracks that haven't suffered the frame rate drop...... I haven't had enough time on the MK2 version of this current build, as it was 3.30am when I installed it, and I had to go to bed so I could get at least some sleep before heading off to work.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ericd7m

Love the red route 4 as well, there is a very good flow on it with vixen class
    I have the same stutter problems with internal view + speed pads, it's something which appear/disappear with the different patches here.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Actually I got the wrong track as my favorite, it wasn't track 4 Neo Camden.
    After re testing them, my favorite is track 3 - FURY V ... this track just rocks, it's really fast, this was the track I meant originally.
    The other 3 tracks I like are Track 1 - Midtown 1.....except the last two banked turns, which made me queasy
    Track 5 - Midtown II --- there is a combined blind corner/drop at track ID 223 that is something that takes ages to get used to, it going to throw a lot of people out, but it's also fun
    Track 7 - Fury IV Another good track, second only to FURY V, but the two tracks differ quite a bit.

As for the No Thanks, take them away, I don't like them tracks.
    Track 2 - Fury 1 - This track just doesn't do it for me, just as you start to get into some sort of rhythm on it, that rhythm is broken, and this happens several times in one lap....ultimately annoying to race on.
    Track 4 - Neo Camden - Just too twisty for my liking, it's like Sebenco on Steroids, but not done as well.
    Track 6 - Midtown III - The track that splits in two with the Monorails that touch down on the track on both sides, this track doesn't fit in with the rest of the game, it's a confusing track as well, plus it has sections of multiple hairpin corners all linked together, really annoying, really slow, and no fun to race on, and that's at Vixen speed, the slowest...... I don't intend to even try this track at the faster speeds...... this is a rage quit track....reminded me of Temptesh Bay track from Fusion, with those stupid opening and closing doors in the tunnels..... more suited to Table Top Racing, not FF.

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    my i7 / GTX970 / 32gb ram PC
    Snap, but still not gaming on mine lol