Thread: Pure on PS3?

Default Pure on PS3?

Is it possible for those of you that have CFW? I know the PS3 can emulate PSP games via Rebug Firmware but have read conflicting reports on whether Pulse/Pure work, anyone tried it as I'd like to play these on the big screen.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

Pure and Pulse work flawlessly on the PSTV, so if you have that then you can enjoy them on the big screen like I do.

I don't and hadn't even considered that option, how does it feel playing them on the big screen? To the graphics look decent via the PSTV as the PS3 has that excellent upressing smoothing filter going on that makes BC titles look so good. Also how to the controls feel on a controller vs the PSP?

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

They look amazing on the big screen, and it feels as if you were playing any other console WipEout game, the controls, even when using an actual controller, feels really solid.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MrOrbital

The Henkaku hack + VitaShell + Filezilla makes the transfer of Pure ghosts, saves and packs to the PSTV as easy as if it was a PSP! As easy as drag and drop.

I'm considering this as the best option to play Wipeout on the big screen with a proper controller, especially now that Henkaku allows you to transfer all the stuff over with ease.

The only thing that concerns me is how the 480x272 graphics look when blown up to HD resolution as I noted that PSP games on the Vita looked quite blocky and thats with a relatively small screen thats right in front of you.

Timezone
    GMT -6

You could try outputting to a 272p capture card, use that as a passthrough, and then hook it up to a Framemeister and Scanline Generator before wiring it to your TV. (Talking out of my tail, here)

Quote Originally Posted by Amaroq Dricaldari View Post
    You could try outputting to a 272p capture card, use that as a passthrough, and then hook it up to a Framemeister and Scanline Generator before wiring it to your TV. (Talking out of my tail, here)
    Heh for that amount of monies I might as well buy a HTPC and run it via PPSSPP with properly upscaled graphics. Speaking of which, has anyone done this? If so how is the experience?

PSN ID
    Hybrid_Divide

Pure and Pulse on the PSTV look fine! Not as good as I've seen them upscaled in an emulator, but they look fine!