Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 10 things i hate about wipeout fusion

Default 10 things i hate about wipeout fusion

topics name is derived from that movie :wink: .
    Anyway i want to know does anybody has seen the bad side of the game
    . basicly only good thing in the game is graphics , but i have discovered huge amount of bugs as well
    my question is has anyone ave betatesting it first , or was it rushed to the market without trying to find any bugs in the game ?

hi, TsorT, welcome to the forums.

about Fusion, yes, you will find a lot of people here have found bugs in Fusion. the general opinion seems to be that the only really good things about it are zone mode and the graphics. the bugs tend to dampen the fun on the rest of it

there is a lot of love here for all the earlier games in the series, though.

Timezone
    GMT + 2

Hi, Tsor - or rather "tere tulemast!"

I've nothing to say about Fusion, neither good nor bad - since I don't own a PS2. But I've gotten the impression that it's not that good. Hope there will be a Wipeout Fission (hmm...) some day soon...

Me, I race WO3 and WO3SE

Default son of a ...

i'm not the only estonian here ?
    whoaaa respect
    tell u the truth i own ps2 because the wipeout fusion it was first game i bought to ps2
    and generally i am satisified with my purchase
    soundtrack especcially papua new guinea and amethysts blue funk on it
    but thoseflying through walls and flying till the layout ends that suxx
    and ofcourse if i fall of the track and then respawn , the game thinks that i must race one extra lap , thatwhy i fall from the first position to 16nth
    masendav
    but i still play

respect )

The soundtrack is one of the true highlights of that game. There are a couple not-so-good tracks (and the music on the menu screens makes me homicidal), but wow, there is some great stuff on there. Sadly, ever since I sold off the game I've been trying to find a copy of that Amethyst song (both legitmately and otherwise), but to no avail. Bummer.

Timezone
    GMT + 2

Default Re: son of a ...

Quote Originally Posted by TsorT
    i'm not the only estonian here ?
    Naah, I'm just showing off my very limited knowledge of "eesti keel". I'm from Finland (swedish speaking).

My advice: if you come across Wipeout 3 Special edition, buy it! If nothing else, the music rules!

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

the greatest wo game of All! (^_-)b
    and welcome to the forums TsorT! (^.^)/

I think Wipeout Fusion is one of the worst games of all time.

Shame since Wipeout XL is one of the best.

Why I thought Fusion sucked (as a WipEout, not necessarily as a game):

- No wuss wagon.
    - No checkpoints. Where're the adrenalin-pumping moments when you're thinking 'oh f*ck, amigonnamakeit amigonnamakeit, oh f*ck oh f*ck oh f*ck'?
    - GT instead of DR (no Angryman, Luck-Ees cat, etc.).
    - No jukebox mode (being able to listen to the music tracks from within the menus).
    - No proximity indicator (one of my favourite things about Wip3out).
    - No customisation of controls, just some stupid presets.
    - Stupid cheats.
    - Too many bugs.
    - Plasma Bolt looks wussy and has no power-up noise.
    - Pit Lane too trippy - needs to have frying bolts of electricity and recharging noise.
    - No Tim Wright and NO CHEMICAL BROTHERS!
    - No Force Wall, Cloak or Reflector.
    - Ships look like tanks or Star Wars vehicles - not nearly streamlined enough.

Personally, I really don't like that Amethyst track. I love the Bob Brazil one though - I wish it wasn't game-exclusive.

Default well

i have ALL Wipeous (including wip3out and wip3out SE)
    exept the WO64
    "and god gave us AG-racing"

Pyroannarchy is absolutley right , pitlane suxx because the slowdown
    tracklist does not include any drum'n'bass music
    no replays
    but what i like is , all the ships have 4 skins
    a lot of tracks (to bad that u cant play those one on one challenge tracks )
    intro FMW is not understandable
    and NO CURLY damn bitches
    do u think guys : could the game be better if psygnosis had done WF ?

Psygnosis did do WF, just not under the name 'Psygnosis'. They are now SCEE Studios Liverpool and Leeds.

No replays! Damn, I forgot that.

I quite like Fusion's intro FMV, but I still think the original WipEout's one is the best. Imagine seeing that in 1995 after booting up your PlayStation for the very first time - the graphics in that would have been mindblowing! It's a very good FMV even by today's standards.

I agree that it's a shame you can't play Devilia except in the 1:1 challenges - it ought to be unlocked as a bonus thing when you beat the game.

I think we have different ideas as to what drum 'n' bass is, though - The Third Sequence by Photek is the only drum 'n' bass track (as I understand the definition) ever to have appeared in a WipEout game, and it didn't work very well.

No vector, venom, rapier and phantom too! That sucks!

Default well

about drum'n'bass photek is makinng those darkstep sounds but what about ed rush optical , j majik , matrix , panacea , technical itch (the rukus or the rising for example
    photek does that slow and dark style
    but there is faster version of dnb
    like psygnosis hit Rollcage stage 2 had
    i understand if they cant get any agreements with the rec.labels
    well lets hope for the best

I agree that the only good thing about Fusion is the graphics!

The Music is **** compared to the others ( Wipeout 3 n SE have best music (SAME))
    Where the hell is Assegai??? and Icarus???
    Tracks arent newhere as good as ther other wipeouts
    Doesnt seem as fast ie: where is the classes rapier & phantom???? hehe & the other 2
    And everything else that the others mentioned i guess are all valid (the bad points)

That bloody gravity bomb is my biggest hate. It totally ruins the whole trance thing.
    I also miss Designers Republic, more so in Fusion than wipEout 64.
    The craft don't look particularly aerodynamic either. They look more like a collection of flying tin openers and garbage cans.

Default designs

the best shipdesigns where in 2097/xl games
    , well detailed and stuff too bad that there where only 5 AG crafts
    only well designed craft in Wipeout Fusion is Feisar
    G--tech is a crushad can
    van uber is a flying carcass
    auricom is a loads of bricks
    E-GR looks like a flat fish (upgraded skin) or dogs head (nonupgraded skin)
    tigron is somekind og russian old MIG without wings
    and xios looks like a fork (upgraded ) or a tear(nonupgraded)
    yyyyakkkk

Piranhas superweapon is Bullcrap because if it hits something then u cant see a thing

And why does the controller vibrate when you let off a quake? It shoots off in front, but your own ship feels like it's about to explode.
    And what's with the autopilot that sends you face first into the nearest wall? It defeats the pupose of having an autopilot if it doesn't actually autopilot.
    Missiles that spin you round facing the other direction. Bombs that stop you dead still for a few seconds. What did they fuse this game with - Twisted Metal?

And then there's the controller configuration. Where's the classic wipEout. I want fire weapon on the 0 dammit!

As for the silly looking pilots. I thought it was supposed to be me piloting the Auricom, but now I've gotta pretend that I'm some guy out of the Village people with a big moustache.

I could go on.

^ Yup the game is full of bugs,and is useless:

PSN ID
    Thruster2097

refering to that "Missiles that spin you round facing the other direction" comment, Im a big fan of that, and to be honest I feel it should be enhanced further. Look at the com opponents from the previous games. You hit them with a rocket, they will spin, flip and roll end-over-end. You get hit with a rocket, you just shudder and lose some speed.
    It should be the same for every ship on track.
    And I like the com ability to fire quakes now and use all the available weapons. Without going into tech.jarg. it just makes it fairer.
    The time when youre on the grid and waitimg for the "go" signal really adds a sense of purpouse to the race, but not being able to qualify to gain grid position is a bit of a let down.

Fusion aint perfect, but we have to look at whats good and try and build from it, dont we?

Very true. I'd like to see EG-R and Xios in the next version, and backwards quake, grenades + loop/flip tracks I like too.

Timezone
    GMT + 3
    PSN ID
    xaerock

Default ahh the old quiz

well comparing to other wipeouts:

1. goddammit the ships dont go up and down again and dont react when hit a wall the ships are like friggin bricks

2. THE MUSIC why is the beutifully good electronica gone? WHYYYYY... the fusion music doesent fit to the game in my opinion

3. lack of the feeling of speed. I just cant feel the speed in fusion you can really feel it in like wipeout3 it is very annoying i love the feeling

4. still getting tired of the no bouncing thing.. like in catmoda 3 if the ship would move like in wipeout3,se it would be pretty awesome

5.damn i havent played fusion for half a year! i cant remember anything. :/