Thread: FF online Multiplayer TPP cordnated testing times - availability staus

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Default FF online Multiplayer TPP cordnated testing times - availability staus

The online Multiplayer has become live and those in the TPP need to test it.

So , since we are so few [ATM] and far between, I think it best that some some sort of meeting point be made to organize as many as possible of those in the TPP to be online at the one time, race online, then report back.

Sort of like the old Bling Brigade Thread ...Ouch, the nightmares of that are flooding back.

Any proposed meeting should be in GMT [same as BB rules], adjust to your time for meet up.
    Probably the best chance of success is to use this thread to communicate between each other during a meet, as on my only single attempt at FF online play, with only one other player [the host ] everything was VERY shakey, and ultimately ended up as with my PC freezing.

I need some comments from those on the TPP to help sort this out if it is to be viable.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

If you're 10 hours ahead of us, it's probably best if we do it in the morning so you can have an evening session. We'll have to sort out an alternative for any US TPP members too

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I was online at around 2.30 -3.30am my time on Friday and I had one race with a full grid, but I could hardly keep my eyes open, let alone race.
    The results were the same as my first online experience, with FF & Steam freezing once the race was over, but thankfully the ship handling wasn't nearly as bad as the first online experience.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ericd7m

I could be online in the morning next week-end or after 7.00 pm gmt time on week days. My steam ID is kokirim.
    Soon they're going to set up online meetings on the steam forums too.
    Last edited by ericd7; 31st July 2016 at 07:15 PM.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

R8 are doing a multiplayer server test tomorrow, from 9:30-10:00 and 18:00-18:30 BST. Devs will be playing too, so if anyone can get online during these times at all it would help

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ericd7m

Thanks for the info Hellfire. It's hardly playable online for now but i hope they collected some usefull datas.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Darn it, missed it by about a hour, nobody online ATM.

I don't know about the rest of you, but each time I try online no finish position is ever shown, usually it's straight back to the loading screen, thanks if the game hasn't frozen

Timezone
    GMT -8

hi ericd7

I was playing against you earlier today - I see you are GMT+1 - altho I was hosting from Los Angeles from what I saw you were doing very well - what was it like for you?

Most of the communication was going on via Discord
    https://discordapp.com/channels/8150...06217796571136

Our patch/next build will have text chat in the lobby and we will eventually have VOIP built in too.

Quote Originally Posted by ericd7 View Post
    I could be online in the morning next week-end or after 7.00 pm gmt time on week days. My steam ID is kokirim.
    Soon they're going to set up online meetings on the steam forums too.
    - - - Updated - - -

hi BW

that's a bug which we've fixed now - will be in the next patch/update - it's because we all hold the A key down and it sometimes jumps to Continue as the race ends.

Optimisation on multiplayer isn't a walk in the park but we're working on it. Eventually we'll have our own regional servers but for now it's all on Steam.

I'm guessing you're at work now otherwise I'd offer to jump on line and play you. About to go to zzz - knackered. Are there any other Australian pilots out there who you know of? We can put a shout out on Twitter, Steam and FaceBook if it would help. Let me know what time suits you and we'll see if we can get something going.

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    Darn it, missed it by about a hour, nobody online ATM.

I don't know about the rest of you, but each time I try online no finish position is ever shown, usually it's straight back to the loading screen, thanks if the game hasn't frozen
    - - - Updated - - -

thanks for the shout out Hellfire_WZ

will you be joining us next time - the studio in the north of England is going to announce another session later this week - any day or time suit you?

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfire_WZ View Post
    R8 are doing a multiplayer server test tomorrow, from 9:30-10:00 and 18:00-18:30 BST. Devs will be playing too, so if anyone can get online during these times at all it would help

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Muskylounger is in OZ, not sure of any others, a few from NZ
    Please visit the R8 forum to read a post about a loading problem that has started to appear, and a glitch that is happening on Manahatta, both eric and I have it happening

http://formulafusion.co.uk/index.php...s-25716-build/

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

If I'm honest, I was actually intending to join you for the evening session, I just forgot

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ericd7m

Hey BW, on steam they say a bug with the ghost files can make loading times much longer. Try to delete them in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Formula Fusion\Ghosts
    For the problem with Manahatta always freezing, have you tried to check the game's cache integrity? (in steam right click on formula fusion > Properties > local files)

Hey Purdisc i'm not sure to use the right words, i use steam framerate counter which said it was quite stable but there was some stuttering and the ship had jerky movements with some input delay in controls.
    Compared to wipeout hd servers problems, the other ships positions tracking was good here with no ship which suddenly appears/disappears.
    Amongst the servers i joined things were a bit better when the player Blu was hosting, It was very difficult to play on yours, g2wolf and R8Games servers.

Thanks for the Discord chat link, i'll join you there next time.
    Last edited by ericd7; 3rd August 2016 at 04:07 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -8

hi Ericd7

Glad to read you were finding the synchronous multiplayer was working reasonably well. Multiplayer performance at the moment, save for pc spec is down to a combination of the bandwidth of the host and the competitors and their relative distance to each other. I'm in LA with a fast business line and have had some fantastic races against the studio in Middlesbrough UK on occasion, but unplayable on other sessions. Europe to West Coast USA is about as bad as it can get!

We're going to start increasing the number of suggested times that people get out and start hosting sessions for different geographical regions.

Feel free to get on Steam and suggest a date, time, and area. Tell me and we'll post something on FaceBook and Twitter. I'll make this a separate post on this WOZ forum too.

As I said, Discord chat is the main channel for communications but I believe the next build will have text chat in the On-Line screen. VOIP will come later when we're confident it will work well.

Quote Originally Posted by ericd7 View Post
    Hey Purdisc i'm not sure to use the right words, i use steam framerate counter which said it was quite stable but there was some stuttering and the ship had jerky movements with some input delay in controls.
    Compared to wipeout hd servers problems, the other ships positions tracking was good here with no ship which suddenly appears/disappears.
    Amongst the servers i joined things were a bit better when the player Blu was hosting, It was very difficult to play on yours, g2wolf and R8Games servers.

Thanks for the Discord chat link, i'll join you there next time.