Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: big July update is LIVE!! go play

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle
    Posts
    3,863

    Default

    No, all the reverse and Night versions of the tracks are currently locked.

    Manahatta reverse was only available to race on for one or two builds [about 3 builds ago - I actually much prefer it to the forward, it seems to flow a lot better , same as Chenghou reverse on HD ]

    Manahatta Night was available until two builds ago, that is one track I have had real problems with personally due to visual craft effects that at the time were unable to be turned off, plus the headlights, combined with the fog effect on track, and my preference to fly in cockpit view, result had been the windscreen of the craft has looked like it was smeared with Vaseline, and made it pretty much impossible to see where you are going for a large part of the track [first tunnel area particularly ]

    I can only guess [ hope] from this last build that things have improved, as R8 seemed to have reduced the fog effect.

    Of the 8 tracks, I've now tried 5 for sure, there was a TPP build that had several tracks in absolute bare bones build - think even less than the wire frame tracks on WO3 - we had to comment / vote on which of these tracks we thought were the best and why.
    I don't know if any of those tracks designs made it so far as they became Terminus, Sampa-V or Midtown, which are the 3 tracks that appear in the menu that nobody has tested yet.

    Currently all 8 tracks appear to be based in the USA going by the map they appear on when you click on them, which seems strange, as I thought FF would be more international than that, more like F1 events.
    I guess this will eventually change, as they have Friar Fury [which is a Earthquake effected track ] located approx at the junction where Tennessee / Georgia / Alabama meet, which is not a earthquake effected region as far as I know.
    I thought that track would have ended up being located somewhere like earthquake ravaged Christchurch - New Zealand or a similar earthquake effected province in China.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Timezone
    GMT -6
    Posts
    10

    Default

    On my screen, fiar fury is off near nevada. Midtown is the one that shows up around Tennessee. If Fiar Fury was around Tennessee, it wouldn't be entirely out of place to have it around the junction of Mississippi / Tennessee / Arkansas due to the New Madrid Seismic Zone.

    Can only hope those last 3 tracks are NOT the ones tested in TPP. If we never saw those TPP tracks again that'd be great.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle
    Posts
    3,863

    Default

    After some modification I think one of those bare bones tracks we tested might have become Trans Atol and another Niagara, of all tracks tested so far, Friar Fury is the one I like the least, I can see it ending up as one of those annoyingly frustrating tracks that most people avoid, like Modesto Heights from WO Fury.

    I've come to the conclusion after doing lots of laps trying the various speed classes, that I think Niagara is to long, it could do with at least a quarter of it's length cut, or alter it so that there are bigger changes in elevation, to me it seems too flat for much of it's length, and basically I'm sad to say, monotonous, by that I mean it seems to take forever to do one lap in Vixen speed class, and I find there is little to look at visually around the side of the track while you are lapping it, it needs jazzing up a bit to make it more interesting at least.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Niagara is not to long.
    The Curve in this Track is to many easy.
    Long and straight roads and to Easy Curves make the Track monotonous.
    The Curves in Manhatten with up and downs that is fun,
    Niagara musst have 2-3 such Curves from Manhatten with gradient.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle
    Posts
    3,863

    Default

    When we on the TPP were asked to test the special build with the various bare bones tracks, we were asked to comment on them, and vote on which we though might work and why.
    I think one of those tracks became Niagara, I think I said at the time that I thought a track like this would be good for those new to AG racing as a training track, where the new pilot could get to grips with the needed skills of combining steering with air brake use.
    After doing a lot of laps in fastest Python speed class, it really doesn't seem that much faster for the majority of a lap, mainly because of the way the steering in FF can effect speed.

    For some reason, any time you tend to steer a hard left/right, or left/up - right/up the craft slow down considerably, that's without touching the air brakes, try it yourself to see what I mean.
    This steering slow down has always been there, it used to be that if you steered in these directions previously, the craft would suddenly appear to side shift, consequently you ended up missing a lot of speed pads , I reported this, they tested it and found the same thing, and they fixed it, but now the steering slow down seems quite a bit more than previously.

    From what I remember of the conversation, the explanation of FF handling was that they wanted FF pilots to use the air brakes to swing the rear of the craft around, and not use severe hard Left / Right.
    So pretty much how Asayyeah developed his side shifting technique for the PSone Wipeout titles, before SL put it in Pure & Pulse as a dedicated move.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Manhatten need 15min time for Loading?
    All Other Tracks 20sec.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle
    Posts
    3,863

    Default

    No, that doesn't sound right.
    But in saying that, I have found that Manahatta has become unstable on my PC as well, I'm on the TPP, I wouldn't know is things would be worse for those on the Early Access program, if that's what you are on.

    I just loaded a video onto YouTbe of Manahatta.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvUN76JJZNw

    I was having the same problem as you getting it loaded, but not 15 minutes.
    It will start loading then just hang with a Black screen, then when it finally loads [several minutes] I get game glitches every time I pass over the Start/ Finish line [as can be seen in the video].
    Just before I recorded that video, I had another race on the same track and one of the A.I. craft stayed sat on grid the entire race.

    All other tracks are loading and playing normally.

    EDIT: Actually I remember when this loading delay problem first started.
    Usually I finish a race, then go to menu, then choose another race, I've never used pause/restart
    Because I had started videoing these races, I sometimes stuffed up the start due to having to start recording, it was only when this happened I started to use the game pause/ restart option, rather than quitting entirely.
    After a few times of doing that, the loading problems started, also the glitch when going over the start/finish line.....there has been no error messages, so there is nothing I can send R8 to help rectify the problem, I just hope knowing this they can work out what's happening.
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 1st August 2016 at 11:16 PM.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Timezone
    GMT -6
    Posts
    10

    Default

    None of the barebones tracks were Niagara, and pretty sure they weren't trans atol either.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Timezone
    GMT -8
    Posts
    58

    Default

    hi mikee74

    Have you checked the size of your Ghost file from TT racing? We've fixed it for the next build but the long load times were apparently due to that. Delete the Ghost file and see what happens....please let me know what happens too ;-)

    Quote Originally Posted by mikee74 View Post
    Manhatten need 15min time for Loading?
    All Other Tracks 20sec.
    - - - Updated - - -

    hi BW

    I can't comment on the TPP as I haven't been involved in it but FWIW we're working our way through the Reverse versions of all the existing 4 tracks right now. The night versions will follow.

    The plan is to go more international with tracks. We had to start somewhere. I guess we could have started in Australia but....you can imagine ;-)

    Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    No, all the reverse and Night versions of the tracks are currently locked.

    Manahatta reverse was only available to race on for one or two builds [about 3 builds ago - I actually much prefer it to the forward, it seems to flow a lot better , same as Chenghou reverse on HD ]

    Manahatta Night was available until two builds ago, that is one track I have had real problems with personally due to visual craft effects that at the time were unable to be turned off, plus the headlights, combined with the fog effect on track, and my preference to fly in cockpit view, result had been the windscreen of the craft has looked like it was smeared with Vaseline, and made it pretty much impossible to see where you are going for a large part of the track [first tunnel area particularly ]

    I can only guess [ hope] from this last build that things have improved, as R8 seemed to have reduced the fog effect.

    Of the 8 tracks, I've now tried 5 for sure, there was a TPP build that had several tracks in absolute bare bones build - think even less than the wire frame tracks on WO3 - we had to comment / vote on which of these tracks we thought were the best and why.
    I don't know if any of those tracks designs made it so far as they became Terminus, Sampa-V or Midtown, which are the 3 tracks that appear in the menu that nobody has tested yet.

    Currently all 8 tracks appear to be based in the USA going by the map they appear on when you click on them, which seems strange, as I thought FF would be more international than that, more like F1 events.
    I guess this will eventually change, as they have Friar Fury [which is a Earthquake effected track ] located approx at the junction where Tennessee / Georgia / Alabama meet, which is not a earthquake effected region as far as I know.
    I thought that track would have ended up being located somewhere like earthquake ravaged Christchurch - New Zealand or a similar earthquake effected province in China.
    - - - Updated - - -

    hi BW

    a little late on my part here but you've got it right - this is an entry level track.

    Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    When we on the TPP were asked to test the special build with the various bare bones tracks, we were asked to comment on them, and vote on which we though might work and why.
    I think one of those tracks became Niagara, I think I said at the time that I thought a track like this would be good for those new to AG racing as a training track, where the new pilot could get to grips with the needed skills of combining steering with air brake use.
    After doing a lot of laps in fastest Python speed class, it really doesn't seem that much faster for the majority of a lap, mainly because of the way the steering in FF can effect speed.

    For some reason, any time you tend to steer a hard left/right, or left/up - right/up the craft slow down considerably, that's without touching the air brakes, try it yourself to see what I mean.
    This steering slow down has always been there, it used to be that if you steered in these directions previously, the craft would suddenly appear to side shift, consequently you ended up missing a lot of speed pads , I reported this, they tested it and found the same thing, and they fixed it, but now the steering slow down seems quite a bit more than previously.

    From what I remember of the conversation, the explanation of FF handling was that they wanted FF pilots to use the air brakes to swing the rear of the craft around, and not use severe hard Left / Right.
    So pretty much how Asayyeah developed his side shifting technique for the PSone Wipeout titles, before SL put it in Pure & Pulse as a dedicated move.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    New Zealand
    PSN ID
    turnersinnz
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Any pics of F2000 crafts?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •