Hello all! I didn't mean to spark a PC Master Race debate. That was not my intent. I in fact, would do way more Steam gaming if I didn't have a crappy laptop.

My point was similar to what Blackwiggle just stated. Consoles standardize things. They are far from a dying breed because while certain games may be optimized for keyboard play (such as RTS games) others are not. While you can always attach a controller to a PC, you can't really attach a keyboard and mouse to a console. The thing about consoles, is that even though the Xbone and PS4 networks are exclusive, they really help to organize online play as well.

I do take some offense to the idea to have the 4.5. I just bought a new system. Why should I pay even more money to get a newer system for only slightly better gameplay and features? The Vita and the PS TV flopped for similar reasons. Consoles are expensive. I bought a next gen as an investment. I'm kind of pissed that the new paradigm seems to mimic the PC problem of having a new rig outdated shortly after release. Take Wii U for example, they have all but abandoned the console. I love my Wii U, am I'm upset that they are essentially phasing it out for new tech. I jumped on the PS3 bandwagon late, but there were still good games being released. I got a PS4 just after the initial release, and now it would seem like the is to already start phasing it out.

What we really need is a Gaming Master Race.