^ This. I don't know anyone that has the same feelings about 2048 that they did compared to WOHD/Fury. Elimination mode was dumbed down to the point where whoever got the most quakes often won. WOHD had tremendous depth in Elimination mode, and I'm not even a huge fan yet found Elimination mode more engaging. They also had a lot more city type tracks. Though a nice change, it almost felt like they were trying to attract fans of other racing titles to a fault. I get that it served as a precursor canon wise and those tracks would have been more realistic for the AG racing's initial feel.

I think had SL had more time to go back and fix things it would have been a much better title. To be honest, for me personally it almost felt like a Beta. The multiplayer was one prime example of trying to innovate that failed miserably. But alas, we I apologize for steering off topic.

I'm just worried that if there was a next gen true WO game, they wouldn't keep true to fans like they should. The perfect storm is brewing for a release, and the fact that Sony hasn't surrendered the rights might be an indication they are planning to develop something as a VR early launch title. Just think about it a minute... PS4 will be able to offer VR without having to upgrade your current system. All you need is the VR headset, and the camera. It would be a great opportunity for Sony to include a new wipeout offering to help sell VR units.