Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steam Early Access update 20160507

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

Quote Originally Posted by purdisc View Post
    I guess that opens a topic: are airbrakes designed for braking or steering or both? We plan to have more visual clues on each craft when airbrakes are used. Personally I find myself accepting that they add an extreme turning capacity but with a penalty in the actual loss of speed that comes with their use.
    The way they work in my head in the wipEout series is an immediate change in the direction the craft is pointing, with a more gradual reduction in speed as it's effectively moving sideways (if the brake is held). Or an immediate reduction in speed if both are pulled at once.
    I currently feel like the FF brakes shed too much speed immediately, and the turning action is not anywhere near as pronounced as in the wipEout series, but the sideshift effect makes this whole experience feel very different to anything I'm used to.
    I'd say my comment a couple of posts back was more of a reaction than a cry for change - I haven't spent enough time with FF yet to form a proper opinion on this matter.

Quote Originally Posted by purdisc View Post
    Please let us know what you’re native rez is and we’ll see what we can do.
    3440*1440, ultrawide. Sold as 21:9, but I don't think that's actually the ratio of any ultrawide, it's 43:18 (21.5:9) to be more accurate

Weirdly enough, I can't play FF in a non-native fullscreen with black bars down the sides like I can some other games. It stretches the game out to full width regardless. My monitor is set to maintain the aspect ratio it's sent, so this is something happening before it leaves my video card.
    It may not be the game, it may be something in the current nvidia drivers? no idea.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I'm new to PC gaming, so I'm not sure if I've done something wrong. [I doubt it, as I have changed nothing]
    Ever since I've gone into Custom video settings to turn off the effects, trying to revert back, or change any video settings, no longer work......I'm unable to change between Fullscreen/ windowed/ borderless etc, or resolution ....I'm also unable to see part of the menu, just running the mouse to the left of the screen I can see it hightlight's something [I no longer know what] and if I click on it either a sub menu comes up, or the track changes.

Timezone
    GMT -8

Hi Lion

Quote Originally Posted by Lion View Post
    The way they work in my head in the wipEout series is an immediate change in the direction the craft is pointing, with a more gradual reduction in speed as it's effectively moving sideways (if the brake is held). Or an immediate reduction in speed if both are pulled at once.
    I currently feel like the FF brakes shed too much speed immediately, and the turning action is not anywhere near as pronounced as in the wipEout series, but the sideshift effect makes this whole experience feel very different to anything I'm used to.
    I'd say my comment a couple of posts back was more of a reaction than a cry for change - I haven't spent enough time with FF yet to form a proper opinion on this matter.
    Airbrake values are an element we’re open to tweaking however, the garage mechanic will allow you to change values when fully implemented.

Quote Originally Posted by Lion View Post
    3440*1440, ultrawide. Sold as 21:9, but I don't think that's actually the ratio of any ultrawide, it's 43:18 (21.5:9) to be more accurate

Weirdly enough, I can't play FF in a non-native fullscreen with black bars down the sides like I can some other games. It stretches the game out to full width regardless. My monitor is set to maintain the aspect ratio it's sent, so this is something happening before it leaves my video card.
    It may not be the game, it may be something in the current nvidia drivers? no idea.
    Possibly it is an nVidia driver issue - assume you’re up to date with their drivers - I’ll raise this with the guys and let you know what they say.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

hi black wiggle

Does a reboot of the game reset it or does it come up every time defaulting to a setting which runs over the edge of your screen?

There should be a window asking you to confirm and after 15 (?) seconds it reverts to default settings?

Rez settings are a bug area at the moment. Something we’re working on a fix for.

What is your native rez?

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    I'm new to PC gaming, so I'm not sure if I've done something wrong. [I doubt it, as I have changed nothing]
    Ever since I've gone into Custom video settings to turn off the effects, trying to revert back, or change any video settings, no longer work......I'm unable to change between Fullscreen/ windowed/ borderless etc, or resolution ....I'm also unable to see part of the menu, just running the mouse to the left of the screen I can see it hightlight's something [I no longer know what] and if I click on it either a sub menu comes up, or the track changes.
    Last edited by purdisc; 27th May 2016 at 06:50 PM.

PSN ID
    Hybrid_Divide

Hey Purdisc, any new word of late Kickstarter backer type stuff?

Still looking to get in on that.

Timezone
    GMT -8

hi Hybrid Divide

We discussed this internally and there shouldn't be a problem. What pledge were you interested in?

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid Divide View Post
    Hey Purdisc, any new word of late Kickstarter backer type stuff?

Still looking to get in on that.

PSN ID
    Hybrid_Divide

Honestly, I'm not sure. The pledge options on Kickstarter are a bit complicated.

I can buy the game via Steam Early Access easily enough. I imagine that the physical stuff isn't able to be done, and I could understand if it was too late to get my name into the credits and such. (But wouldn't complain if that could still happen!)

At the very least, I'm looking for the backer craft, backer skin, cosmetic pack, The Designers Republic Retro craft skins, exclusive track, Soundtrack, and any other digital stuff would be great.

Pledge packages aside, what do you guys think would be a fair price?

(Thanks for getting back to me.)

Timezone
    GMT -8

thanks Hybrid Divide

Unfortunately I can't take down an order now as we haven't re-opened yet - just interested in roughly what you would be looking for. You're right, they're complicated as heck and many of them aren't going to be ready until final release. We'll make sure you know when we do open it up again. I couldn't comment on what the price points would be.

Honestly, I'm not sure. The pledge options on Kickstarter are a bit complicated.

I can buy the game via Steam Early Access easily enough. I imagine that the physical stuff isn't able to be done, and I could understand if it was too late to get my name into the credits and such. (But wouldn't complain if that could still happen!)

At the very least, I'm looking for the backer craft, backer skin, cosmetic pack, The Designers Republic Retro craft skins, exclusive track, Soundtrack, and any other digital stuff would be great.

Pledge packages aside, what do you guys think would be a fair price?

(Thanks for getting back to me.)

PSN ID
    Hybrid_Divide

No worries. Just pass along the input if you can.

Here are my suggestions:

Keep it digital. And consider making only two package options.
    One with a key for the game, and one without, as some potential backers may have already bought the game on Steam early access.

Looking forward to more info!

Timezone
    GMT -8

ok - noted

No worries. Just pass along the input if you can.

Here are my suggestions:

Keep it digital. And consider making only two package options.
    One with a key for the game, and one without, as some potential backers may have already bought the game on Steam early access.

Looking forward to more info!