Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BallisticNG - Mod sharing thread

nu9get Guest

this is SOOO nice man, your ships reminds me of the ace combat 3 electrosphere planes can you make a R-103 Delphinus ship?, or the R-311 Remora!
    Last edited by nu9get; 24th June 2016 at 01:39 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -3

Quote Originally Posted by Xpand View Post
    No kidding, I want to port that stuff to BNG. I dunno. The urge is big.

Timezone
    GMT + 2

Greetings! First time posting here, and first time sharing my stuff. BallisticNG getting Workshop support is what finally gave me enough motivation to learn Blender, and the PS1 graphics were a really nice entry point for a beginner. So, without further ado, the very first thing I've ever modeled and textured in Blender, Tremulis Monarch. I apologize for the rough spots on the texture. First time doing this and all.

Here's the Workshop link for anyone who wants to try: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=716644104
    Attached Images Attached Images

Timezone
    GMT + 2

After some Workshop glitches, I have the second vehicle in my series done! Tremulis Scabbard! For when you feel like racing with a van for some reason. Fun fact: It was originally going to have a surfboard rack with two boards, but I scrapped that after I found out that the game doesn't support alpha channel on ship textures.

Workshop link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=718767281

Timezone
    GMT -3

LOL these cars look funny. That retro-futuristic feel on it... is really awkard
    Off-topic: Xpand are you planing to make a Hornet/SuperHornet/HornetADV for Vector Thrust? That game really needs one of those, it feels forgotten.

I like your style Nerd Koopa, also good spot for taking those pictures of surf van.
    Keep doing them, I can see at some point league just for those cars.

Timezone
    GMT + 2

The third ship in my Tremulis series is here! Tremulis Bonneville. Go give it a shot and leave some feedback. The stats are subject to change.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=723733974

And oh man, it's pretty challenging to do a curvy vehicle under 300 triangles. 258 on this one, and I tried to bring some more curves with careful shading of the texture. I have a whole new respect for PS1 developers.

Timezone
    GMT + 2

The 4th ship in the Tremulis series is here, the Lanebird! A great deal of inspiration from General Motors during the 50's and 60's. There's a bit of Buick Centurion 1956, a bit of Cadillac Cyclone 1959 and a bit of Cadillac Coupe de Ville 1960. Stats wise I wanted a tad lower top speed with huge acceleration. However, it's still all subject to change and adjustments according to player feedback.

Workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=736160619

tremulis_lanebird_screen1.jpgtremulis_lanebird_screen2.jpgtremulis_lanebird_screen3.jpgtremulis_lanebird_screen4.jpg
    Last edited by Nerd Koopa; 2nd August 2016 at 09:47 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Koopa View Post
    I'm really enjoying these ships. Retrofuturism is awesome!
    ----
    Recently I started porting the ships from Pulse to the game. Icaras is already in the workshop.
    Harimau and Qirex are on their way, should be up this evening. I'm also looking into porting the tracks, when that's possible, as well as the Pulse PSP ships (they do look different and I actually prefer them over the PS2 ones).
    I would like to get the handling somewhat similar to the original counterparts. One guy kindly submitted parameters for Icaras already.

Attachment 10397 Attachment 10398
    Last edited by Yethiel; 5th August 2016 at 01:39 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -7
    PSN ID
    Yoshi1996

Just giving my two cents. The computer's voice in wipEout 2097/XL seems to be created using microsoft sam. Slow down Sam's voice and Lower the pitch a bit and it should sound perfect. Can someone make an updated 2097/XL soundpack using this to fill in the missing sound samples? We would need "Tremor," "Energy wall," "Final lap," "Perfect lap," "E-pack," "Dis-engaed" (autopilot), and "Warning." to complete the pack, I think.
    Reboot-Piranha.jpg
    And here is a Rebooted Piranha ship design I drew. If you like it, feel free to mod it if you want. (but only if you want to. I'm not trying to pressure you or anything...)

PSN ID
    Hybrid_Divide

The computer voices in 2097/XL were made using a text to speech program on an Amiga system.

An Amiga 2000 or Amiga 5000. Something like that.

I'd love to get a version of that program for Windows.

I'd figure out how to program my GPS to warn me of "Mines" when I get near a speed trap.

You can use amiga emulators. There are plenty around.

Timezone
    GMT + 8

nu9get Guest

how do i change custom soundpacks? i found them and i copied them in a custom folder in MySound folder, for example i used in this dir the files go.wav, one.wav, two.wav etc, but doesn't work.
    Last edited by nu9get; 17th January 2017 at 10:07 AM. Reason: found sounds, but dunno how to use them

PSN ID
    bigsnake009

Have you enabled custom sounds? It's an option right above the soundpack list.

nu9get Guest

yes i did! i changed from GGeek customs, to mine